Manfred Berger (pedagogue)
Live and act
Manfred Berger, who grew up in a large family in the Neuaubing colony and in Hasenbergl , first learned the profession of high voltage electrician after completing elementary school in Neuaubing on Limesstrasse and Oselschule in Pasing.
After a few years of work, he attended from 1966 to 1969 the technical school for youth and home education (today: Catholic Academy for Social Pedagogy Munich ) and then the higher technical college for social education in structure (today: Catholic Foundation University of Applied Sciences Munich ). After that, Berger worked for several years as an educator in a special educational children's home in Dachau , the Amalie-Nacken Children's Home . He also completed training as a curative teacher and supervisor .
From 1976 to 2010, Berger taught pedagogy, psychology, children's and youth literature, curative education, rhythm, the history of social work and curative education at various universities of applied sciences and technical schools for social education. Today Berger works as a supervisor in the pre-school sector and as a speaker on historical and current topics in pre-school education.
Berger, married since 1971 and the father of two children, is co-author of the Biographical-Bibliographical Church Lexicon and the manual for educators in crèches and kindergartens. Daycare and after-school care . He has now published over 1,000 articles that have appeared in specialist journals such as Our Youth , Theory and Practice of Social Pedagogy , Contributions to Youth Literature and Media , the Magazine for Experiential Pedagogy , Forum Women and Society , Social Magazine , Our Children and heilpaedagogik.de . A considerable part of his scientific contributions deal with the history of the kindergarten and Friedrich Fröbel , who "donated" the kindergarten in the town hall of Bad Blankenburg in 1840 . Another focus of Berger includes the area of children's and youth literature as well as dealing with the achievements of women / men in early childhood education, curative education and social work.
In addition to his commitment to Froebel and kindergarten Berger is a renowned avenues friend and connoisseurs.
- Pre-school education under National Socialism. Research on the situation in kindergarten 1933–1945. Weinheim 1986.
- The transition from family to kindergarten. Munich 1986.
- 150 years of kindergarten. Frankfurt 1990.
- Forgotten women of social education. Bielefeld 1992.
- Sex education in kindergarten. Frankfurt 1988 (6th edition. 2013).
- Clara Grunwald . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 1994.
- Women in the history of kindergarten. A reader. Frankfurt 1995.
- Henriette Schrader-Breymann . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 1995.
- Nelly Wolffheim . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 1995.
- Erika Hoffmann . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 1995.
- Alice Salomon . Pioneer of social work and the women's movement. Frankfurt 1998 (3rd edition. 2011).
- Johannes Trüper . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 1998.
- Henriette Schrader-Breymann. Life and work of a pioneer in girls' education and kindergarten. Frankfurt 1999.
- Clara Grunwald. Pioneer of Montessori education. Frankfurt 2000.
- Frieda Stoppenbrink-Buchholz . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 2001.
- Gertrud holiday . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 2003.
- Bertha von Petersenn . A pioneer of modern experiential education? Lueneburg 2008.
- Kindergarten and education for small children in the Soviet Zone / GDR. "Everything with the people, everything through the people, everything for the people". Saarbrücken 2014.
- The kindergarten from 1840 to the present day. A (fictional) letter to Friedrich Froebel on the 175th birthday of his preschool institution. Saarbrücken 2015.
- “Praise everything that makes you hard!” The kindergarten system in National Socialist Germany using the example of the specialist magazine “Kindergarten” . Saarbrücken 2015.
- History of the kindergarten. From the first pre-school facilities in the 18th century to daycare centers in the 21st century. Frankfurt / Main 2016.
- From the child detention center candidate to the educator. A contribution to the history of teacher training in Bavaria - shown using the example of selected training centers in the past and present. Göttingen 2017.
- Life and work of Froebel and kindergarten teacher Erika Hoffmann (1902–1995). A biographical and educational sketch. Göttingen 2018.
- The kindergarten under National Socialism. A contribution to the history of public early childhood / kindergarten education in the years 1933 to 1945. Göttingen 2019.
- Schörl pedagogy. Introduction to a classic kindergarten concept. Göttingen 2019.
Online publications (selection)
- Profile Manfred Berger / Article by Manfred Berger at Lower Saxony Institute for Early Childhood Education and Development (nifbe)
- Women in the history of kindergarten. In: The Kita-Handbuch.
- Short biographies of Manfred Berger
- "Eureka! The institution should be called kindergarten! ” A (fictional) letter to Friedrich Wilhelm Froebel on the 175th birthday of his kindergarten founded in Blankenburg in 1840. (PDF; 2.9 MB) In: kindergartenpaedagogik.de, 2015 (25 pages).
- The former and current training centers for toddler teachers, kindergarten teachers, after-school care workers ... and educators in Bavaria. A contribution to the past and present of professional educator training. (PDF; 1.6 MB) In: kindergartenpaedagogik.de, 2017 (35 pages).
- Articles by Manfred Berger at socialnet.de. The network for the social economy
- Franz Meyer (Ed.): Blue Book. Addresses and registers for German-language children's and youth literature. Munich 1991, pp. 16-17.
- Manfred Berger - 50 years young. In: Christ and Education. 1994, H. 11/12, p. 335.
- For Manfred Berger's 60th birthday. In: Zeitschrift für Erlebnispädagogik. 2004, no. 11, p. 48.
- The editors congratulate Manfred Berger on his 65th birthday. In: heilpaedagogik.de . 2009, no. 4, p. 26.
- Congratulations for Manfred Berger. In: heilpaedagogik.de 2014, no. 4, p. 38.
- Irmgard Burtscher: Early pedagogy today: a critical assessment of the position - conversation with Manfred Berger , in: Irmgard Burtscher (Ed.): Handbook for educators in crèche, kindergarten, daycare and after-school care. Edition 88. Munich 2016, pp. 1–24.
- This: Manfred Berger - the first academic kindergarten teacher. in: Irmgard Burtscher (Hrsg.): Handbook for educators in crèches, kindergartens, day care centers and after-school care centers. Edition 90. Munich 2016, pp. 1–14.
- Literature by and about Manfred Berger in the catalog of the German National Library
- From the infant custody facility to the kindergarten as an educational institution - selected aspects of the development of the kindergarten in Austria ( Memento from October 1, 2007 in the Internet Archive ). (PDF file; 1.4 MB) In: Our children. Conference documentation, Innsbruck 2004, pp. 3–8.
- Berger, Manfred in the list of authors at bautz.de
- Publications by Manfred Berger at Brandes & Apsel Verlag
- Manfred Berger at Cuvillier Verlag
- Favorite avenues In: alleen-fan.de .
- Manfred Berger: History of the kindergarten. In: swr.de, November 3, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German educationalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 16, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|