Mario Caiano (born February 13, 1933 in Rome ; † September 20, 2015 there ) was an Italian film director , screenwriter and film producer .
Caiano was born in Rome as the son of the director and producer Carlo Caiano , initially studied philology and specialized in Greco-Roman archeology . He also started working for Cinecittà . During the 1950s he learned the film trade as an assistant director from directors such as Sergio Grieco , Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia and Riccardo Freda .
When he directed his first film in 1961, he began a long series of entertainment films in which Caiano never let himself be tied to a genre or style. He was a reliable craftsman who made peplums , adventure films , westerns or crime films (mostly based on his own script) and from the late 1970s also found his way easily on television.
There he started a second career, which he continued until 2001, often with mini-series for the RAI .
Caiano used a few pseudonyms such as William Hawkins, Allan Grunewald, Allen Grünewald, Mike Perkins and Edoardo Re.
Mario Caiano died on September 20, 2015 at the age of 82 in his hometown of Rome.
- 1958: The Corsair of Monte Forte (Il pirata dello sparviero nero)
- 1960: Suleiman, the Conqueror (Solimano il conquistatore)
- 1962: The son of Captain Blood (Il figlio del capitano Blood)
- 1963: The Three Inexorable (Tres hombres buenos)
- 1963: Perseus - The Invincible (Perseo l'invincibile)
- 1968: One shot too many (Dos hombres van a morir)
- 1962: Hercules, the son of the gods (Ulisse contro Ercole)
- 1963: Zorro, the man with two faces (Il segno di Zorro)
- 1963: With gun and mask (Il segno del Coyote)
- 1963: The Tiger of Sardis (Goliath e la schiava ribelle)
- 1964: Emperor of Gladiators (I due gladiatori)
- 1964: Maciste, the hero of Sparta (Maciste, gladiatore di Sparta)
- 1964: The last two of the Rio Bravo (Le pistole non discutono)
- 1965: The Return of the Feared (Erik il Vichingo)
- 1965: A stretcher for the sheriff (Una bara per lo sceriffo)
- 1966: The spies quietly kill (Le spie uccidono in silenzio)
- 1967: It's about your head, Amigo (Ringo, il volto della vendetta)
- 1967: The last train to Durango (Un treno per Durango)
- 1967: The Superding (Per piacere, non sparate col cannone)
- 1967: The Death Song of Laramie (Sette pistole per un massacro)
- 1968: Django speaks the night prayer (Il suo nome gridava vendetta)
- 1969 Love birds (Love Birds)
- 1973: The man with the bullet whip (Il mio nome è Shanghai Joe)
- 1976: Death writes the last bill (Milano violenta)
- 1977: The Killer Pack (Napoli spara)
- Mario Caiano in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Mario Caiano in the online film database
- Caiano at mymovies (Italian)
- ^ Roberto Poppi: Dizionario del cinema italiano, i registi ; Gremese 2003, p. 79.
- ↑ I racconti di Viterbury - Le più allegre storie del '300th Internet Movie Database , accessed November 10, 2015 .
- ↑ Mario Caiano in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ^ Paolo D'Agostini: Mario Caiano. In: repubblica.it , La Repubblica , September 20, 2015, accessed on September 22, 2015 (Italian).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hawkins, William (pen name); Grunewald, Allan (pseudonym); Grünewald, Allen (pseudonym); Perkins, Mike (pseudonym); Re, Edoardo (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian film director, screenwriter and film producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 13, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rome , Lazio , Italy|
|DATE OF DEATH||20th September 2015|
|Place of death||Rome , Lazio , Italy|