Matthew Lewis (actor, 1989)
life and career
Lewis attended St Marys School Menston Catholic School. He is 1.83 meters tall and a supporter of Leeds United football club . One of his two brothers, Anthony Lewis, is also an actor. Lewis has been in front of the camera since he was five years old. He finally gained notoriety in 2001 when he starred as Neville Longbottom in the film adaptation of the novel Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone . He embodied the role in all subsequent sequels until 2011.
Shortly before the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 , Lewis was a reporter in the independent film The Sweet Shop in front of the camera. This was followed shortly after by the five-part television series The Syndicate , which first aired on BBC One in spring 2012 . In July 2012, Lewis starred in A Band of Buriers music video in which he played a couple with actress Lily Loveless . In April 2013, the film Wasteland was shown at the Newport Beach Film Festival , in which Matthew Lewis was seen as Dodd . The film was released in the UK under the name The Rise .
Lewis has also appeared in several theater productions since 2006. He finally made his West End debut in September 2012 with the re-production of Jonathan Lewis' Our Boys , a drama set in a British military hospital in the spring of 1984. Matthew Lewis took over in the role of Mick, with him standing among other Arthur Darvill ( Broadchurch ; Doctor Who 's Rory ) and Parry on stage. Laurence Fox ( WE ; Lewis ) played the main character, Joe, who was severely traumatized after the bombing in Hyde Park and Regent's Park .
Matthew Lewis is the Vice President of the Leeds Rugby Foundation Charity.
He has lived in London since 2015. On May 28, 2018, he announced that he had married his longtime girlfriend, Angela Jones.
- 1995: Back to Life ( Some Kind of Life , TV movie)
- 1996: Dalziel and Pascoe (TV series, episode 1x02)
- 1997: Where the Heart Is (TV series, episode 1x02)
- 1998: City Central (TV series, episode 1x04)
- 1999: Heartbeat (TV series, episode 9x10)
- 2001: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- 2004: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- 2005: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- 2007: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 2009: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- 2010: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- 2011: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- 2012: The Syndicate (TV series, 5 episodes)
- 2012: The Night of the Loving Dead (short film, voice of Nigel)
- 2013: Wasteland (alternatively The Rise )
- 2013: The Sweet Shop
- 2013–2016: Bluestone 42 (TV series, 13 episodes)
- 2015: Death in Paradise (TV series, episode 4x07)
- 2016: Ripper Street (TV series, 6 episodes)
- 2016: Happy Valley - In a Small Town ( Happy Valley , TV series, 5 episodes)
- 2016: Half a year ( Me Before You )
- 2017: Impractical Jokers (TV series, episode 6x13)
- 2018: Terminal - Revenge has never been more beautiful ( Terminal)
- 2018: Nutritiously Nicola (TV show)
- 2018: Girlfriends (TV series, 6 episodes)
|2006||The Queen's Handbag||Neville Longbottom||Part of the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling|
|2011||Agatha Christie 's Verdict||Lester Cole||first local staging, then tour production|
|2012||Our boys||Mick||West End debut|
- Leeds Rugby Foundation ( Memento of the original from May 21, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Vice Presidents, list on the official website
- Matthew Lewis thinks his Ripper Street mustache makes him repellant to women .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lewis, Matthew David|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1989|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leeds , West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom|