Community Losheim am See
|Height :||322 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.19 km²|
|Residents :||957 (Oct 31, 2010)|
|Population density :||228 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st January 1974|
|Postal code :||66679|
|Area code :||06872|
Mitlosheim is about 3.5 km northeast of the core town of Losheim am See.
Until the local reorganization through the territorial and administrative reform , the previously independent community Mitlosheim belonged to the Weiskirchen office, whose first documentary mention in 1030 through a deed of donation from the Margravine Judith of Lorraine to the Benedictine Abbey of St. Eucharius (the later Benedictine Abbey of St. Matthias in Trier ) took place. Until 1794, Weiskirchen was under the rule of the St. Matthias Monastery. Then it was occupied by French revolutionary troops. In 1814 the Prussians took over rule until 1918. The Weimar Republic was followed by the “ Third Reich ” from 1933 to 1945 . In the post-war years until the reunification of the Saarland with the Federal Republic of Germany in 1957, Weiskirchen was in the French occupation zone and from 1946 in the autonomous Saar state . On January 1, 1974, the Mitlosheim community was incorporated into the Losheim community.
Mayor: Tobias Gastauer ( CDU )
Coat of arms of the district from 1994
- top right : a continuous red cross on silver (symbol of territorial sovereignty and manorial rule of Kurtrier via Losheim to the French Revolution)
- top left : alternating three black and three gold cross bars (colors of the gentlemen of Schwarzenberg)
- lower right : a red lion on four silver and four blue crossbars. (Sign of the Lords of Luxembourg)
- bottom left : On a green background a silver curved crossbar from top right to bottom left; on the right a silver circle with a green square on the inside; a silver cross on the left.
Mitlosheim has a community center (the former school), where the local clubs hold their festivities. Larger events take place in the historical "machine shed" . This is a listed wooden building, in which in earlier times the farmers kept their machines and equipment when they were not in use. Particularly well-known in the region is the so-called “ egg smear meal ”, which takes place every year on Shrove Tuesday in the machine shed . After a carnival procession, in which many carnival groups from the neighboring towns take part, bread with scrambled eggs is traditionally distributed to all guests on the last day before Lent. The Mitlosheim eV cultural association , which was founded in 1924, consists of a theater group and an orchestra, and alternates between a play and a concert every year. The Mitlosheim district celebrates a fair on the last Sunday in September and the first Sunday in October. Among other things, there is a youth club for young people, which is regularly visited in the premises below the community center.
education and parenting
The school children of the district attend the comprehensive / community school in Losheim, the extended secondary school / community school in Weiskirchen or the surrounding high schools in Merzig or Wadern. The youngest attend the Catholic kindergarten in the neighboring Niederlosheim .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 804 .
- Losheim community: content area local councilors. In: Homepage of the community. Losheim parish, accessed on October 25, 2017 .
- Losheim am See community - Homepage of the Losheim am See community