Vacha, bridge over the Oechse at the sports field
|Water code||DE : 41394|
|location||Wartburg district , Thuringia|
|Drain over||Werra → Weser → North Sea|
|source||West slope of Baier
|Height difference||approx. 257 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 16 ‰|
|Catchment area||61.6 km²|
|Left tributaries||Marbach , Geblar , Sünna|
|Right tributaries||Black ox|
The Oechse (also Öchse ) is a 16 km long, orographically left tributary of the Werra in the north of the Auersberger Kuppenrhön and politically in the Wartburg district , West Thuringia . It rises on the western slope of the 714 m high Baier and initially flows further west to Oechsen , before finally turning north along state road 2601, where it reaches Vacha and flows into the Werra. The river flows past the mountain Öchsen .
The most important tributaries of the Oechse are (arranged downstream according to the point of mouth, in brackets the inflow side and length as well as places in the course of the stream):
- Marbach (left, 4.3 km)
- Geblar (left, 3.4 km; Geblar )
- Schwarze Oechse (right, 2.5 km, walkway )
- Sünna (left, 8.1 km; Deicheroda , Sünna )
By far the most important and largest tributary is the Sünna , which flows into Vacha and flows around the mountains Dietrich (669 m) and Oechsen (627 m) from the west, while the Oechse does this from the east.
The Marbach , which rises on the western slope of the 721 m high Sachsenburg , is more or less the left source creek, and is the only other side creek with a catchment area of more than 10 km².
- map services ( memento of the original from December 19, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. of the BfN
- Length measurement via geoppath (kmz, 12 kB) results in 16.1 km for the Oechse, 4.3 km for the Marbach , 3.4 km for the Geblar , 2.5 km for the Black Oechse and 8.1 km for the Sünna .
- Thuringian State Institute for the Environment (ed.): Area and waterway key figures (directory and map). Jena 1998. 26 pp.