|type of school||high school|
|Coordinates||51 ° 57 '47 " N , 7 ° 37' 43" E|
|carrier||City of Munster|
|student||1057 (school year 2011/2012)|
|Teachers||76 + 6 trainee teachers (school year 2009/2010)|
The Pascal-Gymnasium Münster is a high school in Münster with a focus on multilingualism and sports.
History and school profile
The school was founded in 1967 as a municipal high school for boys and girls and was the city's first co-educational school. The 119 pupils at that time were initially taught in three rooms of the Paulinum Gymnasium , then in the Latvian Gymnasium on Wienburgstrasse in the immediate vicinity of the current school location and in the Dreifaltigkeitsschule primary school in the Uppenberg district .
In 1972 the grammar school moved to a new building at its current location in Uppenkampstiege and was named after the French mathematician, physicist, man of letters and philosopher Blaise Pascal .
As one of six North Rhine-Westphalian pilot schools, the school offered bilingual German-French subject teaching for the first time in Münster from 1970/71, as well as a bilingual Abitur recognized from 1980/81 .
Since the 1979/80 school year, the grammar school has been organizing regular student exchanges with its French twin town Orléans ; In 1999/2000 the city of Blois was added.
Since the early 1990s, the school expanded bilingual teaching to include its English branch. In 1991 there was a first exchange with the American city of Baltimore and in 1998 with the Hockerill Anglo-European College in England .
As one of 50 grammar schools in Germany, the school has also been offering the German-French double AbiBac high school diploma since 2008 .
In 1999 a student from Pascal High School won the silver medal at the International Bio-Olympiad in Uppsala .
In 2001 the school was the first grammar school in North Rhine-Westphalia to introduce the model project “Take two foreign languages from grade 5”.
The Pascal-Gymnasium has been recognized as an exam school for Cambridge ESOL exams since the 2005/2006 school year , and since October 2007 as the “ European School in North Rhine-Westphalia”. Students can acquire the DELF / DALF , Cambridge Certificate and CertiLingua language certificates.
The Münster sports boarding school has existed in Münster since 2008, with almost all students attending the Pascal Gymnasium. Since 2009, the Pascal-Gymnasium has been a sports school in North Rhine-Westphalia , which gives young talented young athletes the opportunity to pursue a dual career in "high-performance school sports ".
In 2014 the Pascal-Gymnasium dismissed the city's second-largest high school diploma; over a third of the high school graduates graduated with a single grade .
In 2018 the school team of the Pascal-Gymnasium reached the 2nd place in the volleyball school world championship.
Renovations and extensions
In the mid-1990s, the pollutant PCB was discovered in the joints of the outer facade. The joints were replaced in 1995 and the interior was renovated in 1999. In 2010, however, PCBs were measured indoors above the remediation target value (300 nanograms per cubic meter of air). From 2012 to probably 2018, the school building will be renovated again for 3.77 million euros.
In 2011, a training center was added to the gymnasium of the high school for 1.2 million euros.
Well-known former students
- Suska Döpp , journalist
- Holger Hauer , actor and director
- Klaus Jankuhn , music producer
- Richard Alexander Jung , musician
- Irina Kemmsies , volleyball player
- Maximilian Lenz , DJ and musician ("WestBam")
- Lena Malkus , long jumper (winner of the gold medal at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games)
- Gyula Mester , Technician (Winner of the Technology Oscars 2005)
- Alisha Ossowski , volleyball player
- Leonie Schwertmann , volleyball player
- Wilm Weppelmann , artist
- ↑ Caretaker diligence brings the Pascal-Gymnasium up to speed
- ↑ Westfälische Nachrichten : 50 years Pascal-Gymnasium , June 3, 2017. Article series online: The Pascal-Gymnasium is celebrating its 50th anniversary
- ↑ Homepage of the school: Equipment and school grounds ( Memento from April 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ School information NRW
- ↑ a b c Homepage of the school: The Pascal chronicle for the "40th anniversary bilingual", 2013 (PDF file)
- ↑ a b Homepage of the school: International orientation ( Memento of the original from April 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Homepage of the school: AbiBac and bilingual Abitur
- ↑ Homepage of the school: Interview with ex-headmaster Lübbering (content now offline)
- ↑ a b Homepage of the school: The multilingual concept at the Pascal-Gymnasium
- ↑ Homepage of the school: Cambridge Certificate ( Memento from April 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- ^ Westfälische Nachrichten . Pascal-Gymnasium becomes sports boarding school , June 27, 2008
- ↑ Homepage of the school: The concept of the NRW sports school
- ↑ a b Westfälische Nachrichten : Pascal-Gymnasium offers athletes better training conditions , January 26, 2012
- ^ Westfälische Nachrichten : Pascalgymnasium Münster. Prepared for the rest of life , July 1st, 2014
- ↑ Pascal volleyball players become vice world champions. Retrieved March 17, 2020 .
- ↑ Westfälische Nachrichten : PCB in Pascal-Gymnasium pollutant should give way once and for all , August 14, 2012
- ↑ Westfälische Nachrichten : PCB pollution The Pascal has to be renovated again , November 12, 2013
- ^ Westfälische Nachrichten : Kemmsies to VC Wiesbaden - is Pettke coming to Münster? , Local Sports, April 27, 2016