Rwandan women's national soccer team
|Association||Fédération Rwandaise de
|Record scorer||Alice Niyoyita and Jeanne Nyirahatashima (1 each)|
|Record player||multiple players (2)|
|FIFA rank||144. (899 points)
(as of August 14, 2020)
First international match Rwanda 1-0 Kenya ( Kigali ; February 16, 2014)
Biggest win Rwanda 1-0 Kenya ( Kigali ; February 16, 2014)
Biggest defeat Nigeria 8-0 Rwanda ( Abuja , Nigeria ; June 7, 2014)
|(As of June 7, 2014)|
The Rwandan national soccer team for women is the soccer selection of the Rwandan soccer association "Fédération Rwandaise de Football Association". It is the youngest African women's national team and took part in the qualification for the African Championship for the first time in 2014 , which is considered to be the qualification for the 2015 World Cup .
|1991 in China to 2011 in Germany||not participated|
|2015 in Canada||not qualified|
|2019 in France||not reported|
- 1991 to 2012 - did not participate
- 2014 - did not qualify
- 2016 - did not participate
- 2018 - not reported
The team played their first international match in qualifying for the African Cup of Nations 2014, which was won 1-0 in Kigali against Kenya and in which Alice Niyoyita scored the first international goal for Rwanda. The second leg was lost with 1: 2, but due to the away goals rule , the second qualifying round was reached. There the team met record champions Nigeria in May and June and initially lost their home game 4-1 and the second leg in Nigeria then 8-0.
- Women's world rankings. In: fifa.com. FIFA , August 14, 2020, accessed on August 14, 2020 (teams without a place and points are provisional because no more than five games have been played or the teams have been inactive for more than 18 months).
- cafonline.com: "Ghana takes huge leap in AWC qualifiers"
- cafonline.com: "Roll call for AWC final lap complete"