Held, the son of an ETH professor, studied social sciences and German at the University of Zurich and did his doctorate in family sociology . He was active as a student leader in Zurich in the 1968 movement . He was a researcher and lecturer at the universities of Zurich, Vienna , Stanford and Berkeley .
From 1983 he worked at Ringier AG , where he was involved in the launch of “Blick für die Frau” . 1985/1986 he was publishing director and member of the company management. At the same time, he completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 1986 . From 1987 to 1989 he worked at Hayek Engineering AG .
From 1989 to 2000, Held was a freelance management consultant , working in particular in the field of media companies in Germany and Switzerland. From 1986 to 1993 he also wrote columns on the balance sheet . He was a co-initiator of the Lenzburg Marketing Conference and speaker in the field of marketing and innovation. From July 1994 to May 1995 Held was interim managing director of Badischer Verlag GmbH, the publisher of the Badische Zeitung .
From 1992 to 2000 Held was responsible for the development and implementation of the Lucerne Culture and Congress Center . From 1998 he was managing director of the development company Kern Uster for a center development in Uster .
From January 1, 2001 to October 30, 2010, Held was director of the Avenir Suisse think tank .
- Sociology of the marital balance of power. Luchterhand, Darmstadt 1978 ( sociological texts. New series, vol. 110, dissertation)
- Thomas Held, René Levy: The position of women in the family and society: A sociological analysis using the example of Switzerland. Huber, Frauenfeld 1974 ( Sociology in Switzerland. Vol. 1).
- Thomas Held, René Levy: Investigation into the position of women in Switzerland; on behalf of the Swiss national Unesco commission. Zurich 1973.
- Biography on the website of the Assekuranztage 2010
- In: ( Memento from November 23, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) In: Das Magazin. March 1, 2007.
- Thomas Held - a whirlwind leaves. In: ECO . November 1, 2010.
- Thomas Held: "Never step back!" in: Coop Zeitung , on August 11, 2013.
- New management for Musikinsel Rheinau , NZZ.ch, May 28, 2010, accessed on November 7, 2017.
- Canton of Zurich, Building Department, Building Department, Musikinsel Rheinau: Conversion and repair (PDF file), accessed on November 7, 2017, p. 32 (“until February 28, 2014”).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss sociologist, manager and lobbyist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 20, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zurich|