The Vésubie at Saint-Martin-Vésubie
|Water code||FR : Y63-0400|
|location||France , Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur region|
|Drain over||Var → Mediterranean|
|source||in the municipality of Saint-Martin-Vésubie,
|muzzle||on the municipal boundary of Levens and Utelle in the Var
|Height difference||approx. 2350 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 52 ‰|
|Catchment area||393 km²|
Gorges de la Vésubie
The Vésubie (Vesubiá in Occitan / Provençal / Nice ) is a mountain river in France that runs in the Alpes-Maritimes department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region . It rises in the Mercantour National Park , on the western flank of Mont Colomb (2816 m), in the eastern municipality of Saint-Martin-Vésubie . The Vésubie draws a large loop through the Maritime Alps , but generally drains in a south-westerly direction and flows into the Var as a left tributary after 45 kilometers opposite Bonson , at the hamlet of La Rivière , on the municipal boundary of Levens and Utelle .
- The Boréon (right) is 14.5 km long in the three municipalities of Belvédère , Valdeblore and Saint-Martin-Vésubie .
- The Riou de Venanson (right) is a 5.4 km long tributary in the five municipalities of Valdeblore, Venanson , Roquebillière , Saint-Martin-Vésubie, Marie .
- The Vallon d'Espaillart (left) is 7.4 km long and flows through the three municipalities of Belvédère, Roquebillière and Saint-Martin-Vésubie.
- The Vallon de Cervagne or Vallon de Gourgas (right) is a 5.4 km long tributary in the three municipalities of Belvédère, Venanson and Roquebillière.
- The Gordolasque (left) is a 18.7 km long tributary that has a named tributary flowing through six municipalities
- The Vallon des Graus (left) is 9.5 km long and flows through three municipalities.
- The Riou de la Bollène (left) is an 8.5 km long tributary in the three municipalities of La Bollène-Vésubie , Lantosque and Moulinet .
- The Riou de Lantosque (right) is 8 km long and flows in the territory of the municipalities of Utelle , Lantosque and Roquebillière; it has two named tributaries:
- The Vallon de Saint-Colomban , is a 9.1 km long tributary in the four municipalities of Utelle, La Bollène-Vésubie , Lantosque and Moulinet .
- The Riou du Figaret (right) is a 10.4 km long tributary in the three municipalities of Utelle, La Tour , Lantosque; it has a named tributary:
- The Vallon des Fournés de Bagnolar (right) runs for 5.3 km through the same three municipalities.
- The Ruisseau de Saint-Honorat (right) runs 2.5 km through the municipal areas of Utelle and Lantosque.
- The Ruisseau de Campon (left) is 3.4 km long and flows through the municipalities of Utelle, Duranus and Coaraze .
Places on the river
- La Bollène-Vésubie
- La Rivière , Utelle municipality
The gorges of the Vésubie (French: Gorges de la Vésubie ) are among the most beautiful landscapes in the Maritime Alps.
The middle course of the river is dammed to generate energy. The water is drained through pressure tunnels .
The Canal de la Vésubie drains the river's water
- List of French Mediterranean tributaries and their tributaries, from 36 km in length, sorted geographically
- Source geoportail.fr (1: 32,000)
- estuary geoportail.fr (1: 16,000)
- The information on the length of the river is based on the information about the Vésubie at SANDRE (French), accessed on June 4, 2012, rounded to full kilometers.
- Boréon at SANDRE (French)
- Gordolasque at SANDRE (French)
- Riou du Figaret at SANDRE (French)