|Community association||Nice Cote d'Azur|
|surface||94.16 km 2|
|Residents||853 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||9 inhabitants / km 2|
Valdeblore is a French commune in the Alpes-Maritimes in the region Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur . It belongs to the Arrondissement of Nice , the Canton of Tourrette-Levens and the Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur . The inhabitants call themselves the Valdeblorois.
Valdeblore is located in the French Maritime Alps . The neighboring communities are
- Valdieri in Italy in the north,
- Saint-Martin-Vésubie in the east,
- Venanson in the southeast,
- Marie in the south,
- Ilonse (point of contact) in the southwest,
- Rimplas in the west,
- Saint-Sauveur-sur-Tinée and Isola to the north-west.
The village consists of the main settlement, called La Bolline, and the hamlets of Saint-Dalmas, La Roche, Mollières and La Colmiane. The latter contains a winter sports facility . Mountain lakes such as Lac Negre, Lac Millefonts and Lac Graveirette are located in the municipal marker. The route GR 52A of the GR long-distance hiking network leads via Valdeblore.
- Ste-Croix (German: Heiligkreuz), a Catholic church in the district of Saint-Delmas.
- Ignazio Ribotti, military, Count of Mollières in Valdeblore, born November 12, 1809 in Nice , † September 26, 1864 in Brig-Glis
- Albert Drach (1902–1995), Austrian writer, tells in the novel Unsentimental Journey. A report (1966) his stay in Valdeblore from 1943 to 1944. In the novel, the place bears the name Caminflour ( Caminflour La Commune = La Bolline, Caminflour Maisonpierre = Saint-Dalmas, Caminflour Audelà = La Colmiane).
- Le Patrimoine des Communes des Alpes-Maritimes . Flohic Editions, Volume 2, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-84234-071-X , pp. 868-873.