Wölfnitz (Klagenfurt am Wörthersee)
|14. Klagenfurt district
slow. Golovica pri Celovcu
(Church of St. Martin)
|Residents||5459 (January 1, 2020)
162 inhabitants per km²
|Post Code||9061, 9027|
Wölfnitz is located in the northwest of Klagenfurt and is traversed by the Wölfnitzbach in a northwest-southeast direction , which then flows into the Glan . The district is bounded in the west by the Seltenheimer Berg (756 m) and in the east by the Ulrichsberg ( ). Wölfnitz borders on the communities of Krumpendorf , Moosburg , Glanegg , Liebenfels , St. Veit an der Glan and Maria Saal .
In the state treaty year, 1955, Wölfnitz was merged with the communities of Lendorf and Ponfeld to form a large community. In 1969, Governor Hans Sima handed over its new parish hall to the community. In 1973, Wölfnitz was incorporated together with the municipality of St. Peter am Bichl (today's cadastral communities of St. Peter am Kalsberg, St. Peter bei Tentschach, Tentschach , Nagra and Kleinbuch) and a small part of the municipality of Liebenfels in the urban area of Klagenfurt. On June 21, 1987, Bishop Egon Kapellari consecrated the new Wölfnitzer Church. In the same year the parish church and the parish center were awarded the state prize for good building in Carinthia.
The old parish church of St. Michael no longer exists.
Wölfnitz is divided into nine cadastral communities and the following localities:
- Upper case : upper case
- Großponfeld : Mörtschen, Neschka, Pitzelstätten, Ponfeld, Retschach, St. Martin am Ponfeld
- Hallegg : Hallegg, Görtschach, Trettnig, Worunz
- Lower case : lower case
- Lendorf : Kuchling, Lendorf, Seltenheim, Tultschnig, Wölfnitz
- Nagra : Ehrenbichl, Emmersdorf, Nagra
- St. Peter am Karlsberg : Leiten, Lippitz
- St. Peter near Tentschach : St. Peter am Bichl
- Tentschach : Tentschach, Weißenbach
The origins of the Singkreis Seltenheim Klagenfurt lie with the medieval Seltenheim Castle. With the development into one of the most renowned choirs in Carinthia, Singkreis Seltenheim now also unites singers from all parts of Carinthia. The Singkreis Seltenheim Klagenfurt has developed into a balanced choir of 50 singers in the past few years.
The annual highlights of the choir in summer include the performances at Seltenheim Castle and the Seltenheim Advent Singing, which is one of the largest Advent concerts in Carinthia.
Culture and sights
- Sacred buildings
- Catholic parish church Klagenfurt-Wölfnitz hl. John the Baptist with a parish center (since 1987) in Wölfnitz
- Filial church St. Jakob d. Older ones in the original Romanesque-Gothic style with walled-in Roman relief and gravestones (2nd century AD).
- Catholic branch church St. Peter am Bichl
- Catholic branch church Seltenheim hl. Andreas
- Parish church Sankt Martin in Ponfeld
- Filial church of Saint Lorenz in Großbuch
- Filial church of Saint Paul in Emmersdorf
- Profane structures
- Ehrenbichl Palace (private property, Schlamadinger family)
- Emmersdorf Castle (private property, Dr. Hochfellner)
- Hallegg Castle (private property, estate management)
- Pitzelststätten Castle (Republic of Austria, Public School: HLFS)
- Seltenheim Castle (private property, Dr. Walter Moser)
- Tentschach Castle (private property, Carlo Kos)
- Rural architecture in Lendorf
Economy and Infrastructure
In the economy of the Wölfnitz district, agriculture and forestry as well as the wood processing industry represent a relevant factor. The district also plays a certain role as a leisure and local recreation area, the golf course in Seltenheim in particular. There are several riding stables to choose from for equestrian enthusiasts.
"Karnburg" winery in Leiten
As in other places, viticulture is also being carried out on the southern slope of the Ulrichsberg in Carinthia. And that despite the low winter temperatures in the Klagenfurt Basin, which are anything but favorable for viticulture . Above the Maria Saal village of Stegendorf, the two pioneers Sem Kegley and Dr. Georg Lexer took over the "Karnburg" winery. It is very likely that there were already wine cultures in this area in Roman times.
- HBLA for agriculture and food industry Pitzelststätten
- Secondary School Wölfnitz (HS 5)
- Elementary school in Wölfnitz: VS23
- Primary school in Ponfeld: VS22
- Municipal kindergarten Wölfnitz
- DEHIO Carinthia. Topographical inventory of monuments , pp. 1075–1076. Verlag Anton Schroll & Co, Vienna 2001 (Third, expanded and improved edition 2001, edited by Gabriele Russwurm-Biro), ISBN 3-7031-0712-X
- Lendorf and Feldkirchner Strasse , Anton Kreuzer / Johann Jaritz, Klagenfurt 2008, Kreuzer Buch, Einigkeitsstrasse No. 3, 9020 Klagenfurt
- Landscape between Ponfeld and Ulrichsberg - The Klagenfurt district of Wölfnitz , Anton Kreuzer (ed.), Klagenfurt 2010, Kreuzer Buch, Einigkeitsstraße No. 3, 9020 Klagenfurt
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )