World document heritage
The World Soundtrack Awards is a directory within the framework of the 1992 UNESCO established program Memory of the World ( MOW , English for Memory of the World ) "to preserve the documentary heritage of humanity." The purpose of this program is to ensure free access to important documents and to preserve the documentary heritage.
The program is administered by the International Advisory Committee (IAC), whose 14 members are appointed by the Director General of UNESCO.
In 1997 the first documents were entered in the register. Valuable book holdings , manuscripts , scores , unique items , image , sound and film documents , "which represent the collective memory of people in different countries around the world" are to be recorded. The appointment is not a financial support, but should be understood as an award: As with the other World Heritage programs, the home states undertake to ensure the "preservation and availability" of the respective documentary heritage in the service of the international community.
The Memory of the World program was continued in 2003 with the Charter for the Preservation of Digital Cultural Heritage on the question of the long-term archiving of digitized documents and of exclusively digital materials.
Every two years, states can nominate up to two documents for a new entry in the list. The IAC then decides on their inclusion at its meetings. The list of the world document heritage currently comprises 427 documents (as of 2019) .
|1||1993||September 12-14||Pułtusk / Poland|
|2||1995||May 3-5||Paris / France|
|3||1997||September 29th - October 1st||Tashkent / Uzbekistan|
|4th||1999||September 4-5||London / United Kingdom|
|5||2001||June 10-12||Vienna / Austria|
|6th||2003||August 28-30||Gdansk / Poland|
|7th||2005||June 13-18||Lijiang / People's Republic of China|
|8th||2007||June 11-15||Pretoria / South Africa|
|9||2009||July 27th - 31st||Bridgetown / Barbados|
|10||2011||May 22-25||Manchester / United Kingdom|
|11||2013||June 18-21||Gwangju / South Korea|
|12th||2015||October 4-6||Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates|
|13th||2017||October 24-27||Paris / France|
- Natascha Albus et al .: The legacy of the world. The cultural and natural monuments of the world according to the convention of UNESCO. Large special chapter: The document heritage of UNESCO. Kunth, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-89944-902-0 .
- Henning Aubel et al .: The memory of mankind. The document heritage of UNESCO. Kunth, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-89944-609-8 .
- UNESCO: Safeguarding the Documentary Heritage of Humanity. 2010 ( PDF; 3.6 MB , English).
- Memory of the World : In: Site of UNESCO (English)
- UNESCO World Document Heritage . In: Website of the German UNESCO Commission
- Literature on world document heritage in the catalog of the German National Library
- Cf. The Memory of Mankind. The document heritage of UNESCO. Kunth-Verlag, Munich 2010, p. 5.
- The UNESCO program. Austrian Commission for UNESCO, accessed on July 1, 2019 .
- Charter for the Preservation of Digital Cultural Heritage. (PDF) German UNESCO Commission, accessed on July 1, 2019 .
- Document. Retrieved March 17, 2017 .