Wolfram Heicking studied from 1946 to 1951 at the Leipzig University of Music and Theater with Hugo Steurer piano , music theory with Paul Schenk and composition with Wilhelm Weismann . At the University of Leipzig he was a student of musicology with Walter Serauky. Heicking received his doctorate in 1959 with the work The development of sound ideas . He began his professional activity in 1951 as a research assistant at the Institute for Music Education at the Humboldt University in Berlin . Since 1952 he has been a lecturer for composition at the "Hanns Eisler" Academy of Music in Berlin . In 1969 he was appointed professor .
Wolfram Heicking's compositional work is extensive. In his music, different styles and epochs combine organically with one another. Elements of jazz and pop are combined with classical forms and result in a synthesis . He wrote instrumental music , stage works, songs as well as numerous radio plays and film scores. Wolfram Heicking works and produces with Gisela May , Kurt Masur , Manfred Krug , Jochen Kowalski and the “Philharmonic Violins” of the Berlin Philharmonic . Today he lives as a freelance composer in Kleinmachnow near Berlin.
As a university lecturer, Wolfram Heicking trained many musicians and composers who later became successful (including Arnold Fritzsch , Günther Fischer , Barbara Thalheim , Lutz Glandien , Jürgen Ecke, Ralf Petersen ). His efforts to build a bridge between serious and popular music impressed the younger generation in particular. His song When you sleep, my child , sung by Manfred Krug and accompanied by Günther Fischer, became an evergreen and exemplarily demonstrates the connection between different musical styles.
Heicking also worked as a composer for film scores.
- 1966: Trail of the stones
- 1966: Pankoff
- 1967: wedding night in the rain
- 1968: We're getting a divorce
- 1968: Shots under the gallows
- 1969: Jungfer, I like you
- 1973: A little closer to the clouds (TV movie)
- 1974: The first day of vacation (TV movie)
- 1978: Anton the magician
- 1979: The Revenge of Captain Mitchell
- 1981: Asta, my angel
- 1987: As the ancients sang ...
- 1998: Chopped off
Scores for the cheerful music theater of the GDR (operetta, musical, musical comedy, etc.)
- Round is the world , operetta by Klaus Eidam , premiere: June 1, 1961, musical comedy Leipzig
- The strange stories of Franz Müller and his animals. Thought out and written down by Wolfram Heicking. Nora, 2005, ISBN 978-3-86557-032-1 .
- Repeat <> Change - the design principle in music. A lesson in composition, harmony and musical dramaturgy. Kamprad, Altenburg 2018, ISBN 978-3-95755621-9 .
- Musical technique and effect of music. In: Cassette 3. An almanac for the stage, podium and ring. Edited by Ernst Günther, Heinz P. Hofmann and Walter Rösler. Henschelverlag Art and Society, Berlin 1979, pp. 226–239.
- Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold (1974)
- Goethe Prize of the City of Berlin (1977)
- National Prize of the GDR (1979)
- Medal for the Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold (1987)
- Bernd-Rainer Barth : . In: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 .
- Literature by and about Wolfram Heicking in the catalog of the German National Library
- Wolfram Heicking in the Internet Movie Database (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German composer, musicologist and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 19, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|