- 1230 / 1240 : The Kudrun -Epos arises.
- 1231 to 1243 : Stauferkaiser Friedrich II. Issues the " Edict of Salerno " (also "Constitutiones"): the first legally fixed separation of the professions of doctor and pharmacist . Doctors may not own or be involved in a pharmacy . Drug prices were set by law to prevent price gouging. The Edict of Salerno became the model for pharmacy legislation across Europe.
- 1235 : Land Peace of Mainz .
- 1238 : Mongols under Batu Khan invade Russia .
- 1239 : The Pope bans Frederick II - a power struggle between the Pope and the Emperor begins, which ends with the end of the Staufer dynasty.