Animal Politics EU
|Animal Politics EU|
Animal Welfare Policy Animal
|EP Group||1 GUE / NGL|
Animal Politics EU is an association of European animal protection parties .
The association was founded in the run-up to the 2014 European elections under the name Euro Animal 7 by seven parties. In the elections, two of the parties involved were each able to win a mandate in the European Parliament : Stefan Bernhard Eck from the German party Mensch Umwelt Tierschutz and Anja Hazekamp from the Dutch Partij voor de Dieren . Both belong to the Confederal Group of the European United Left / Nordic Green Left . Eck left the animal protection party at the end of 2014, but remained a member of the parliamentary group.
For the 2019 European elections , the alliance expanded to include four more parties and reorganized itself under the name Animal Politics EU . In the election, three member parties each won one mandate. Two of the three MPs resigned from their parties in February and June 2020, respectively.
|European elections 2014||European elections 2019|
|Germany||Human Environment Animal Welfare Party||-||1.2%, 1 seat||1.45%, 1 seat|
|Italy||Partito Animalista Italiano||-||-||0.60%|
|Netherlands||Partij voor de Dieren||4.2%, 1 seat||4.02%, 1 seat|
|Portugal||Pessoas - Animais - Natureza||1.7%||5.46%, 1 seat|
|Spain||Partido Animalista Contra el Maltrato Animal||-||1.1%||1.31%|
|United Kingdom||Animal Welfare Party||-||1.0% L.||1.13% L.|
|Cyprus||Animal Party Cyprus||-||0.9%||0.79%|
|7 parties, 2 seats||11 parties, 3 seats|
- Blue: MEP Martin Buschmann resigned from the Human Environment Animal Welfare party in February 2020.
- Red: Members of the Confederal Group of the European United Left / Nordic Green Left (1)
- Green: MEP Francisco Guerreiro left the Pessoas - Animais - Natureza party in June 2020.
- http://www.euroanimal7.org Official website
- Europe's Animal Welfare Party Could Make History This Week | Care2 Causes . In: Care2 Causes . ( care2.com [accessed January 15, 2018]).
- https://www.tierschutzpartei.de/europaeische-tierschutzparts-legen-grundstein-fuer-die-z /
- Resignation from the Human Environment and Animal Protection party , Facebook post from February 18, 2020.