After graduating from high school Canisianum in Lüdinghausen , Schausten completed an internship at the magazine Leben und Erziehing in Aachen from 1984 to 1986 at the Catholic Institute for the Promotion of Young Journalists in Munich . From 1986 to 1992 she studied literature , history and Catholic theology at the universities in Cologne and Munich , graduating with a Magister Artium .
Her career began in Munich as a freelancer for Bayerischer Rundfunk . From 1992 to 1996 she worked for Südwestfunk , where she became a reporter and editor of the television news in the Landesfunkhaus Mainz .
From 1996 to 1997, Schausten was the responsible editor and author for the Abendmagazin and the program hallo Deutschland on ZDF . From October 1997 to July 1999 she was the personal assistant to the editor-in-chief Klaus Bresser and editor-in-chief of the ZDF series Was now ...? This was followed by the management and moderation of the ZDF morning magazine from August 1999 to December 2002 .
From January 2003 to March 2010, Bettina Schausten was the head of the main domestic affairs department. From 2005 she moderated the ZDF program Politbarometer . She was responsible for the programs blickpunkt , Länderspiegel and ML Mona Lisa as well as for the talk show Maybrit Illner . The 2009 election forum , moderated by Schausten, was awarded the German Television Prize for “best information broadcast / moderation” in the same year .
From April 2010 to February 2019 she was the successor to Peter Frey as head of the ZDF capital studio in Berlin . In this function, she regularly moderated the ZDF election programs, which she continues to moderate together with Matthias Fornoff , and the political program Berlin directly . She also conducted the summer interviews .
Since March 1, 2019, Schausten has been deputy editor-in-chief of ZDF. At the same time, she took over the management of the main newsroom from Elmar Theveßen , who became head of the ZDF studio in Washington.
Bettina Schausten has been married to TV editor Thomas Fuhrmann , who has headed ZDF's main sports department since 2017 , since 2008 . The couple is childless.
- Bettina Schausten in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Bettina Schausten in the Munzinger archive , accessed on January 8, 2012 ( beginning of article freely available)
- What now ...? ( Memento of the original from January 11, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. - Homepage of the television program. In: zdf.de. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- “boss also makes you lonely”. In: Spiegel Online , December 20, 2009. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- Michael Hanfeld: Brender's successor. Peter Frey becomes the new ZDF editor-in-chief. In: faz.net . December 10, 2009. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- meter: Bettina Schausten will be the new presenter of the ZDF Sunday Talk “half past twelve”. December 16, 2003. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- appointments in ZDF management positions. ZDF, September 7, 2018, accessed on September 9, 2018 (press release).
- Bettina Schausten recently moderated the “heute-journal” July 14, 2020. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 18, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lüdinghausen , Westphalia|