A district community is a regional body under public law in the autonomous region of Trentino-South Tyrol . The district communities include several geographically close communities in the same province and are each subordinate to the Autonomous Province of Bolzano - South Tyrol or the Autonomous Province of Trento . In the latter, the district communities were replaced by the valley communities through a legal reform in 2006 .
In South Tyrol ( Italy ), Bezirksgemeinschaft refers to a special purpose association formed by municipalities . This unit, called Comprensorio or Comunità comprensoriale in Italian, roughly corresponds to an Austrian district or a German district .
The basis of the district communities was the decree of the President of the Republic No. 987 of June 10, 1955, in which it was stipulated that several communities, whose areas have been declared mountain areas, join together to form a "permanent association" (called valley or mountain community ) can. The municipalities worked together on a voluntary basis. Through the provincial law (South Tyrol) No. 7 of March 20, 1991, the renaming of the valley communities into district communities was established and at the same time raised to the status of a public corporation.
The task of a South Tyrolean district community is to coordinate the cultural , social , economic and ecological development of the member communities. In addition, the district communities are assigned many tasks of the state ( province ) or the municipalities. These include B. the social services as well as many tasks in the environmental sector .
The administrative bodies of a district community are:
- District council : Its task is to approve the corporate statutes, the budget and the final accounts. The district council is elected by the local councils according to the language group ratio ( proportional ) of the district.
- District committee : It implements the decisions of the district council and administers the assets and financial resources of the district community.
- District chairman : He chairs the district council and district committee and also represents the district community externally.
- Auditor : He is the control and management body of the district council and is elected by it.
Apart from the provincial capital Bolzano , each municipality belongs to a district community. These are listed in the table below.
|District community||Administrative headquarters||Number of
|Area [km²]||Inhabitants (approx.)|
In Trentino there were eleven district communities before they were dissolved. However, the provincial law (Trentino) No. 3 of June 16, 2006 introduced a comprehensive regional reform within the province of Trento, on the basis of which 15 new valley communities were created.
- Kraj in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Landscapes and landscape associations in Lower Saxony
- Regional Association
- Regional associations in North Rhine-Westphalia