Dirk Bach (born April 23, 1961 in Cologne ; † October 1, 2012 in Berlin ) was a German actor , voice actor , presenter and comedian .
The son of the brass engineer and local researcher Willi Bach and the clerk Trude Bach, who both were employed by the WDR and lived in a house in Cologne-Heimersdorf , came into contact with museums and the theater early on. Dirk Bach, who did not attend a drama school, got his first theater role in 1978 from Cologne director Hansgünther Heyme in Heiner Müller's Prometheus . In 1980 he finished his schooling, in which he not thrice displaced had been at the Comprehensive School Cologne-Chorweiler with the average maturity .
Bach gained his stage experience in student theaters , the off-theater scene and in several independent theater groups. These took him to Amsterdam , Brussels , London , New York City , Utrecht and Vienna, among others . In 1985 Bach received the Max Ophüls Award . In the mid-1980s he appeared in Walter Bockmayer's play Geierwally , which was his breakthrough as a comedian. In 1988 he got an engagement at the Springmaus improvisation theater . In 1992 he became a permanent member of the Cologne Schauspielhaus ensemble . Dirk Bach was at home in both comic and serious theater subjects.
He became known to a wider audience in 1992 with the Dirk Bach Show , which was broadcast by RTL and later by Super RTL . The series Lukas (1996-2001, ZDF ) and The Little Monk (2002, ZDF) followed.
From 2000 to 2007 Bach performed as "Pepe" on Sesame Street . He was a spokesperson in the cartoon series Oggy and the Cockroaches and gave his voice to the characters in the series Tom and the strawberry jam bread with honey . Bach read works by Walter Moers , Terry Pratchett and Franz Kafka in various audio books , as well as children's books such as Urmel aus dem Eis by Max Kruse . He lent u. a. Captain Sharky also got his voice in the radio play series of the same name.
From 2004 to 2012 he hosted the RTL program Ich bin ein Star - Get me out of here with Sonja Zietlow ! . At Christmas 2005, Sat.1 broadcast a film adaptation of Urmel aus dem Eis with Dirk Bach in the lead role as Urmel. From 2006 to 2008 he was the director of the improvisation comedy Frei Schnauze XXL on RTL. Dirk Bach took part in the improvisation comedy Schillerstraße on Sat.1 in 2004, 2005 and 2009.
In April and May 2008, Dirk Bach hosted the Power of 10 show on VOX . From May to June 2008, after a lengthy abstinence from the stage, Bach performed the comedy Sein oder nicht sein , a play based on the film of the same name by Ernst Lubitsch , on the stage of the Millowitsch Theater in Cologne. In 2009 he hosted the program Einfach Bach on Sat.1. In the summer of 2010 he was part of the ensemble of the Worms Nibelung Festival . In many of his productions he worked closely with Hella von Sinnen , whom he knew from when they shared a flat in Cologne. In 2012 he rehearsed in the Schlosspark Theater Berlin for the play The Little King December , in which he was to play the leading role from October 6th.
Private life and social engagement
Bach had known his partner, a computer specialist, since 1995. Their marriage in Key West in 1999 was not legally valid in Germany. Bach advocated equal rights for homosexuals. So he took part in the EinszuEins campaign of the lesbian and gay association in Germany , of which he was a member.
Bach supported Amnesty International and the organization PETA , from which he received the 2001 Humanitarian Award . In 2008 he received the Reminders Day Award for his commitment in the fight against HIV and AIDS . In 2007, Bach was the godfather of the German Children's Prize .
Dirk Bach was an honorary member and advisory board member of AIDS-Hilfe Köln, he was one of the greatest donors of the Lebenshaus Foundation . His “ Cover me ” benefit concert series raised around 350,000 euros for a good cause in ten years. The "Lebenshaus", a hospice for AIDS patients in Cologne-Longerich , inaugurated in 1996 by Rita Süssmuth and Dirk Bach , was renamed "Dirk Bach House" in 2013 in memory of Dirk Bach.
Dirk Bach was Luke Mockridge's godfather .
On October 1, 2012, Bach was found dead in his apartment in the Clipper Garden Home Berlin hotel in Berlin-Lichterfelde . The Berlin public prosecutor said that Bach had been treated for heart problems and likely died of heart failure. Medicines for high blood pressure and heart failure as well as cholesterol-lowering drugs were found in his apartment . Bach was alone in the apartment at the time of his death and there is no evidence of a death caused by third parties. On October 7, 2012, Bach's urn was buried in close family and friends in the Melaten cemetery (Litera C 14 J) in Cologne-Lindenthal .
Since 2014, the sculpture of the German Comedy Prize for “Best Moderation” in the RTL program Ich bin ein Star - Get me out of here has been on Bach's grave site ! The award, repainted in pink, is in a glass case on a pedestal next to Bach's grave. In 2013 his co-presenter of the show, Sonja Zietlow , and his successor Daniel Hartwich were to be honored . They refused to accept the award out of respect for Bach because he deserved the honor.
For his portrayal of Luke in the sitcom of the same name , Bach received the Telestar in 1996 , the German Comedy Award in 1999 and the Golden Camera in 2001 . In 1990 he was awarded the Cabaret Prize Barocke Sau vom Bodensee for his Edgar cabaret program . Apart from Bach, only the cabaret artist Günter Grünwald (1989) and the actor Ottfried Fischer (1991) have received this award . In the mid-1990s, Bach was awarded the Gilden Kölsch Culture Prize . On June 7, 2006 he was accepted into the "Signs of Fame" of the peace project Fernweh-Park, which unites people. In 2007 he received the German Comedy Award again, this time as a member of the Frei Schnauze XXL ensemble for the best comedy show.
- 1983: Kiez - the rise and fall of a Luden
- 1984: Hell is going on in heaven / Hullygully in Käseburg
- 1985: Peter makes the field fresh! (TV movie)
- 1985: Bas-Boris Bode (TV series)
- 1988: War of Tones (TV experimental film)
- 1989: In the year of the turtle
- 1993: No pardon
- 1995: Not with Leo
- 1997: The Rendezvous of Death (TV movie)
- 1998: Mrs. Radich, Czerni and me
- 1999: Beautiful to Die (TV Movie)
- 2001: The Riddle of the Blood Red Ruby (TV movie)
- 2001: The Man She Was Not Allowed to Love (TV Movie)
- 2001: The Little Polar Bear (voice of Caruso)
- 2003: Karlchens Parade
- 2003: Looking for an impotent man for life
- 2003: Crazy Race
- 2004: Crazy Race 2 - Why the Wall Really fell (TV movie)
- 2005: Pop you slim! (TV movie)
- 2005: Urmel from the Ice (TV movie)
- 2005: The Little Polar Bear 2 (voice of Caruso)
- 2006: Two to eat (TV movie)
- 2006: Rock 'n' Roll Wild Boys
- 2006: Crazy Race 3 - They Pick Any Lock (TV Movie)
- 2007: ProSieben Märchenstunde - The Emperor's New Clothes (TV movie)
- 2008: African Race - Chasing the Marakunda (TV movie)
- 2008: ProSieben Märchenstunde - Sleeping Beauty (TV movie)
- 2008: Loyalty points (TV film)
- 2008: Tom and the strawberry jam bread with honey (TV movie)
- 2008: Sleeping Beauty
- 2008: Il Giardino (short film)
- 2008: Sunshine Barry and the Disco Worms (voice of Tito)
- 2009: Laura's star and the mysterious dragon Nian (voice of Nian)
- 2009: Above (voice of Dug)
- 2011: Farmer's Breakfast - The Film
- 2012: ProSieben's 1001 Nights - The Caravan of Cursed Virgins (TV movie)
- 1983–1984: Show stage, BR, moderation with Billie Zöckler and Alfred Biolek
- 1986: Kir Royal (1 episode)
- 1992–1994: Dirk Bach Show
- 1994: The Weltings from the main train station - divorce in Kölsch
- 1994: three to fall in love with
- 1995: I like animals (music video by Creme 21 )
- 1995: Mary's Crazy Hospital
- 1996-2001: Lukas (64 episodes)
- 1998: Varell & Decker (4 episodes)
- 1999–2002: Oggy and the Cockroaches (Narrator)
- 2000–2007: Sesame Street
- 2002–2003: The Little Monk (16 episodes)
- 2003: Alphateam - The lifesavers in the operating room (TV series, episode 8x02)
- 2003-2007: Ingeniously beside it - The Comedy Arena (12 episodes)
- 2004–2012: I'm a Star - Get Me Out of Here! (Moderation)
- 2004–2011: Schillerstraße (21 episodes)
- 2005–2009: Tom and the strawberry jam bread with honey (speaker)
- 2006: The celebrity kitchen - cooking fun with Dirk Bach (9 episodes)
- 2006–2008: Frei Schnauze / Frei Schnauze XXL
- 2009: Simply Bach!
- 2010: Forbidden Love (2 episodes)
- 2011: The ARGE Talk Show ( Thursday night )
- 2012: Krömer - Late Night Show (2 episodes)
- 2012: NeoParadise
- 1993: The Marquis writes an outrageous letter (based on the novel by Javier Tomeo ) as Marquis at the Schauspielhaus Köln
- 2000: Beauty and the Beast (Stuttgart) as Herr von Unruh
- 2001: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Berlin) as Antoine
- 2011: The King's Mistress , Director: Dieter Wedel Composer: Ludwig Auwald , as court jester Fröhlich, open-air performance in the Dresden Zwinger
- 2011–2012: No Pardon - The Musical (Düsseldorf) as Heinz Wäscher
- Vegetarian feasting. Favorite meat-free recipes by and with Dirk Bach , vgs , 2005, ISBN 978-3-8025-1680-1
- Loosely based on Karl May - yes uff first… - Winnetou among comedy vultures : radio play, 2000 (together with Jürgen von der Lippe , Rüdiger Hoffmann , Herbert Knebel , Hella von Sinnen , Bastian Pastewka , Mike Krüger , Bernd Stelter , Frank Zander and Till Hoheneder ), ISBN 978-3-8371-1181-1
- The fifth elephant (reading of the novel by Terry Pratchett), BMG Wort (Sony Music), 2000, ISBN 3-89830-126-5 (reading, abridged on 3 CDs, unabridged for download)
- Ensel and Krete (edited by Walter Moers), Roman, 2000, ISBN 3-8218-5164-3 (reading, 5 CDs)
- Wild journey through the night (reading of the novel by Walter Moers), novel, 2001, ISBN 3-8218-5171-6 (reading, 4 CDs)
- The full truth (reading of the novel by Terry Pratchett), BMG Wort, 2001, ISBN 3-89830-275-X (reading, abbreviated on 3 CDs, unabridged for download)
- Der Zeitdieb (reading of the novel by Terry Pratchett), Random House Audio, 2002, ISBN 3-89830-419-1 (reading, abridged on 3 CDs, unabridged for download)
- Rumo & Die Wunder im Dunkeln (reading of the novel by Walter Moers), novel, 2003, ISBN 3-89903-172-5 (reading, 21 CDs)
- The city of dreaming books (reading of the novel by Walter Moers), novel, 2004, ISBN 3-89903-225-X (reading, 14 CDs)
- The 13½ lives of Captain Blaubär (reading of the novel by Walter Moers), Eichborn Verlag , Frankfurt a. M. 2006, ISBN 978-3-8218-5159-4 (reading, 16 CDs, 1101 min.)
- The Moomins. A funny company . (Reading of the novel by Tove Jansson [author], publisher: Patmos; edition: 1 [August 15, 2006], ISBN 978-3-491-24129-9 [reading, 2 CDs])
- Storm in Moomin Valley . (Reading of the novel by Tove Jansson [author], publisher: Patmos; edition: 1 , ISBN 978-3-491-24137-4 [reading, 2 CDs])
- Stories from the Moomin Valley . (Reading of the collection of short stories by Tove Jansson [author], publisher: Patmos; , ISBN 978-3-491-24138-1 [reading, 2 CDs])
- Der Fönig - Ein Moerschen (reading of the same story by Walter Moers), novel, 2007, ISBN 978-3-8218-5222-5 (reading, 1 CD)
- The three ??? - Fire moon. Radio play, 2008, in the role of Charles Knox
- A school bag full of stories. (edited by Max Kruse ), Der Audio Verlag (DAV), Berlin, 2010, ISBN 978-3-89813-957-1 , (reading, 2 CDs, 158 min.)
- Where Santa Claus lives and other stories (reading of the Christmas stories by Mauri Kunnas), Verlagsgruppe Oetinger , Hamburg, 2010, ISBN 978-3-8373-0526-5 (reading, 1 CD, 78 min.)
- ↑ a b Dirk Bach is dead . In: BZ
- ↑ chorweiler.info ( Memento of the original from March 31, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Bunte.de
- ↑ a b Dirk Bach . In: Internationales Biographisches Archiv 44/2007 of November 3, 2007, supplemented by news from MA-Journal up to week 45/2011 (accessed via Munzinger Online ).
- ↑ a b faz.net
- ↑ The little big king of laughter is dead . In: BZ
- ↑ Nibelungen Festival on worms.de
- ↑ Dirk Bach († 51) - The secret of the love of his life Bunte.de, October 5, 2012.
- ↑ Dirk Bach: In love until death vip.de, October 5, 2012.
- ↑ The German Children's Prize. (PDF) World Vision Germany , 2007, archived from the original on July 12, 2010 ; Retrieved July 12, 2010 . , presse-ausweis.de , vorwaerts.de ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Familienpost-online.de ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2010 on WebCite ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. or wir-machen-drucksachen.de (PDF; 3.0 MB)
- ↑ cover-me.net - The “Lebenshaus” becomes the “Dirk Bach House” , accessed on June 6, 2014
- ↑ aidshilfe-koeln.de - The "Lebenshaus" becomes the "Dirk Bach-Haus" , accessed on June 6, 2014
- ^ Public prosecutor's office: Dirk Bach probably died of heart failure . In: Spiegel Online , October 2, 2012.
- ↑ Dirk Bach dead - heart failure is likely the cause of death . berlin.de, October 2, 2012.
- ↑ Dirk Bach probably died of heart failure . In: Die Zeit Online , October 2, 2012.
- ^ Grave of Dirk Bach knerger.de
- ↑ Comedy award as grave decoration for Dirk Bach spiegel.de, June 18, 2014
- ↑ Comedy Prize: Jungle Camp Moderators Reject Award , Spiegel Online , October 16, 2013
- ↑ www.fernweh-park.de
- ↑ The King's mistress programm.ard.de
- Literature by and about Dirk Bach in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dirk Bach in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Dossier at Spiegel Online
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor, presenter and comedian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 23, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 1, 2012|
|Place of death||Berlin|