|TV station ( private law )|
|Program type||Special-interest program (entertainment)|
Digital: Antenna , Cable , Satellite Livestream
576i ( SDTV )
1080i ( HDTV ) (Super RTL HD)
|Start of transmission||April 28, 1995|
|Seat||Cologne , Germany|
|owner||RTL DISNEY television GmbH & Co. KG|
|executive Director||Claude Schmit|
|Program director||Martin Gradl|
|Market share||1.7% (2019)|
|List of TV channels|
Super RTL (own spelling: SUPER RTL ) is a special interest channel of RTL Disney Fernsehen GmbH & Co. KG, which belongs to the RTL media group . It is mainly aimed at children and young people. Super RTL sees itself as a family channel. From February 1998 to December 2013 and from April 2014 to August 2014, Super RTL was the market leader among 3 to 13 year olds. Since then, Super RTL has been the market leader at irregular intervals (as at the beginning of 2016 with a market share of 22.2% among 3 to 13-year-olds) or ranked second among free-to-air children's television channels behind its competitor KiKA .
The program went on air on April 28, 1995. Since July 24, 2011, Super RTL has been broadcast in 16: 9, and since April 30, 2012, Super RTL HD has been broadcast on SES Astra's HD + encrypted platform . Since the end of 2009, the Internet learning portal scoyo.de has also been part of the broadcaster's Internet offering. On August 24, 2010, the broadcaster's video-on-demand portal went online, on which selected programs can be viewed free of charge for seven days after they were broadcast on TV. On October 14, 2013, the program concept was revised to strengthen the evening program. A new logo was designed for this. Since June 2019, Toggo and Toggolino have only shown their broadcast logo and the Super RTL logo is now a simple, no-frills lettering. On August 14, 2019, the broadcast concept was revised to differentiate it more from the Toggo and Toggolino program windows . A new logo was designed for this. The new logo will only be shown on TV at its own broadcast time.
From 6:00 a.m. to 8:15 p.m., Super RTL only shows children's programs. This is broadcast under two umbrella brands, Toggolino and Toggo , with the former aimed at toddlers and the latter at school children, predominantly of primary school age. In the mornings there are series for smaller children, in the afternoon and early evening the program is aimed at school children. In addition, so-called family cartoons (cartoon films for the family) are broadcast on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:15 pm .
For the Disney Channel on free TV , which will start on January 17, 2014 , programs from Disney production on Super RTL were discontinued on January 1, 2014. The broadcaster calls it "a kind of Independence Day" and means by that the greater scope for the implementation of own program ideas. After a preparation period of 18 months, Super RTL signed contracts with DreamWorks Animations and Warner Bros. to fill the midday and early evening broadcast times with other series.
There is no real night program, since between 0:30 and 6:00 only advertisements, interactive games and SMS messages or open fires can be seen in a loop. The three-hour call-in show Masterquiz was broadcast daily at night from January 2009 to April 2010 . The program was produced by the external service provider Mass Response, who is also responsible for the call-in programs for the stations Das Vierte , 3+ , Star TV (both Switzerland), VIVA Switzerland and ATV (Austria). The moderators of the master's quiz were Martin Scholz , Matthias Carras , Sandra Ahrabian , Agnes Zimmermann and Robert Schön. Since the program was canceled, Super RTL has been filling the night time with long-term commercials and a fireplace animation, which was also used in the early years.
On Toggo plus since July 4, 2016, the Toggo program has been broadcast with a time delay of one hour, starting at 6:00 a.m.
The main features of the logo have been around since September 7, 2008. The current corner logo is kept in shades of gray and transparent edges. An exception to this is July 14, 2014 , when the German flag was added to the logo , as recognition of the fourth world championship title of the German national soccer team at the 2014 World Cup . From midnight onwards, it was visible to the left of the broadcast logo for 24 hours.
The following logos are listed chronologically according to the program schedule (from 5:45 am Toggolino , from morning Toggo , from evening Super RTL Primetime ).
Day program "Toggo"
|Benedikt Weber||since 1998|
|Nina Moghaddam||since 2002|
|Florian Ambrosius||since 2005||
|Vanessa Meisinger||since 2013||
|Mark Schepp||since 2013||
|Inga Lessmann||since 2013||
|Daniele Rizzo||since 2013|
|year||from 3 years||3–13 years|
3 to 13 years
Since 2005, Super RTL has published a market share in the target group of 3 to 13 year olds every year. From the start of broadcasting until December 2013, Super RTL was consistently in first place ahead of KiKA (20.1%) and Nickelodeon (9.2%). In 2015, Super RTL was at 19.3% and lost almost 11 percentage points compared to 2005. On the other hand, it was possible to maintain the level of the previous year. Only the period from 6:00 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. was considered.
A significant change has been noticeable in the market since January 2014 in particular. With the start of the new free-to-air Disney Channel, both Super RTL and the competition lost shares. In January 2014, Super RTL lost its market leadership among children's TV channels and has been alternating with KiKA ever since. This is followed by the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.
From three years
Super RTL has been publishing its annual ratings since 1996. This is the first place among free-to-air children's channels in Germany (as of 2015). At the moment (as of 2015) Super RTL has a market share of 1.7% and for the first time since 1996 it has reached less than 2% of viewers. Compared to the previous year 2014, it gained 0.1% and undercut the value of 1996 with 0.3%.
Super RTL is a member of Media Smart . As part of the non-profit campaign Eyes on Advertising , the primary schools association provides free teaching material for third and fourth grades.
With the broadcast of the series Pep & Pebber - Helden privat , Super RTL supports the platform nutrition and exercise, an initiative to prevent obesity in children and adolescents in Germany.
Since June 15, 2020, Super RTL has been operating the all-day Internet radio station Toggo Radio for children, which can be received via the Toggo app, the Toggo website, radio aggregators and smart speakers .
- Official website of Super RTL
- Entry in the KEK database ( memento of the original from February 22, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- CLT-UFA at kek-online.de
- RTL DISNEY television (as operator of SUPER RTL ) at kek-online.de
- Audience shares in 2019 in percent. (PDF) AGF Video Research, January 1, 2019, accessed January 30, 2020 .
- Info for parents on SuperRTL.de . Retrieved on July 9, 2012. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Super RTL not market leader for the first time in 16 years
- Super RTL brings back market leadership
- Series of records: RTL Nitro for the first time before DMAX
- Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland grew in the first quarter of 2016 and looked back on a successful March. Corporate communication Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, April 1, 2016 (in: presseportal.de)
- Bertelsmann sells Scoyo to SuperRTL. ( Memento of the original from December 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Süddeutsche Zeitung, December 15, 2009
- Super RTL is equipping itself with a new prime time design. DWDL.de
- DWDL de GmbH: Super RTL is giving its prime time a new look. Retrieved August 16, 2019 .
- DWDL de GmbH: Super RTL is giving its prime time a new look. Retrieved August 16, 2019 .
- Super RTL is looking forward to its “Independence Day”. dwdl.de, November 13, 2013
- Independence Day in January - Super RTL arises. Tagesspiegel, November 14, 2013
- Super RTL starts timeshift channel Toggo plus on Dwdl.de on March 15, 2016
- Andreas Bursche in the entry for the broadcast on fernsehserien.de
- Alexander Krei: The annual market shares of the small transmitters 2019. In: DWDL.de. January 2, 2020, accessed June 11, 2020 .
- The market shares of Super RTL among 3 to 13 year olds in the annual overview 2005–2013
- The market shares (from 3 years) of Super RTL in an overview of the year 1997–2011 ( memento of the original of December 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 52 kB)
- The detailed overview of the market shares (from 3 years) of Super RTL in 2013 ( memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 254 kB)
- Official website of Toggo Radio
- Meedia: Super RTL launches digital radio station for children with Toggo Radio
- Radionews.de: For the 25th anniversary of the station - SUPER RTL starts with TOGGO Radio
- DWDL.de: It starts on June 15th - Super RTL presents details of the new "Toggo Radio"
- radiowoche.de: Toggo Radio starts its moderated program on Monday
- Deutschlandfunk: Toggo Radio - RTL starts a new channel for children