Brian Blessed , OBE (born October 9, 1936 in Mexborough , South Yorkshire , England ) is a British actor .
Life and accomplishments
Blessed took acting classes at Bristol Old Vic Theater School . From 1962 to 1965 he was in the television series Z Cars , in which he appeared again in 1978.
Blessed played his first film role in the British family film The Christmas Tree from 1966. In the miniseries The Three Musketeers from the same year he played the role of Porthos . In the film drama The Trojans (1971) he appeared on the side of Katharine Hepburn , Vanessa Redgrave and Geneviève Bujold . In the British science fiction series Moon Base Alpha 1 , he played the role of the scientist Mentor. In the miniseries Ich, Claudius, Kaiser und Gott (1976) with Derek Jacobi in the leading role of Emperor Claudius , he played the role of Emperor Augustus .
In the SF film Flash Gordon , Blessed played the role of Prince Vultan on the side of Sam J. Jones . In the historical film Henry V (1989) he played the role of Exeter on the side of Derek Jacobi and Kenneth Branagh . In the adventure film Robin Hood - King of Thieves (1991) he was seen as Lord Locksley next to Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman . In the historical drama King Lear (1999) he played the lead role of King Lear , he also directed.
He achieved great fame in 1983 for his expressive portrayal of the fictional Richard IV in the first season (Middle Ages) of the English sitcom Blackadder . Directed by Guillermo del Toro , he would have been given the role of Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit .
Blessed is married to the actress Hildegarde Neil and has one child. He is a passionate mountaineer.
In June 2016, Blessed was awarded the Order of the British Empire with the rank of Officer (OBE).
Explanation of the data
- 1962–1978: Z Cars (TV series, 115 episodes)
- 1966: The Christmas Tree
- 1966: The Three Musketeers (TV miniseries)
- 1967–1969: With umbrella, charm and bowler hat ( The Avengers , TV series, two episodes)
- 1971: The Last Valley (The Last Valley)
- 1971: The Trojan Women
- 1972: The Man of La Mancha
- 1975: The Day After Tomorrow (Into Infinity)
- 1976: Ich, Claudius, Kaiser und Gott ( I, Claudius , TV miniseries)
- 1975–1976: Moon base Alpha 1 ( Space: 1999 ), TV series, two episodes: in "Ultima Thule" as Dr. Cabot Rowland or in "The Metamorphosis" as a mentor
- 1980: Flash Gordon
- 1983: The Hound of the Baskervilles (The Hound of the Baskervilles)
- 1983: Blackadder (TV series)
- 1984: The Last Days of Pompeii (1984) (TV miniseries)
- 1986: The Return to Treasure Island (TV series)
- 1988: Firestorm and Ashes ( War and Remembrance , TV miniseries)
- 1989: Henry V. (Henry V)
- 1991: Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves
- 1991: The Prisoner of Honor
- 1993: Much Ado About Nothing (Much Ado About Nothing)
- 1994: MacGyver - Hunt for the Treasure of Atlantis ( MacGyver : Lost Treasure of Atlantis , TV movie)
- 1994: 1746 - The Battle of the Highlands
- 1995: Katharina the Great ( Catherine the Great , TV movie)
- 1996 The Bruce - Fight for Scotland's Freedom (The Bruce)
- 1996: Hamlet
- 1999: King Lear
- 1999: Tarzan (voice)
- 1999: Star Wars Episode I ( Boss Wet , Voice)
- 1999: The greatest department store in the world (The Greatest Store in the World)
- 2004: Alexander
- 2006: The Conclave
- 2006: Days of Darkness - Day of Wrath (Day of Wrath)
- 2012: The Pirates! - A bunch of weird guys ( The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists ! , speaking)
- 2014: Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (animated film, dubbing voice)
- 2017: Shed of the Dead
- 2018: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC / console game) as Konrad Kyeser
- 2019: Total War: Warhammer II (video game) as Gotrek Gurnisson
- ↑ Tolkien's World : Brian Blessed as Thorin Eichenschild ( Memento of the original from April 29, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , February 23, 2012
- ↑ Esther Addley, Arise, Sir Rod: rock star knighted in Queen's birthday honors in: The Guardian , June 10, 2016, accessed June 11, 2016
- ↑ Chart sources: UK
- Brian Blessed in the Internet Movie Database (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 9, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mexborough , South Yorkshire , England|