DJ Danger Mouse
Brian Joseph Burton (born July 29, 1977 in White Plains , New York ), known as DJ Danger Mouse , is a record producer and musician.
Burton became known in 2004 as the creator of the mashup album The Gray Album , on which he mixed music by Jay-Z with the Beatles . Although the album was not intended for official release and was only sold clandestinely on CD-R and as a download from Burton's website, it attracted greater attention and received favorable reviews.
In 2003 Burton had released the album Ghetto Pop Life together with rapper Jemini . In December 2004, his involvement as producer on the Gorillaz album Demon Days was announced, which was released in May 2005. He also produced another Damon Albarn project : The Good, the Bad and the Queen . He also released the album The Mouse & The Mask in October 2005 with MF Doom under the name DangerDoom .
With the singer Cee-Lo Green he released as Gnarls Barkley on May 19, 2006 a new album called St. Elsewhere . In the UK , Gnarls Barkley's song Crazy caused a stir as it topped the charts despite being downloadable only from the internet.
In 2010 the album Dark Night of the Soul was released in collaboration with Sparklehorse - due to a legal dispute with a delay of over a year. After the already finished album was leaked in 2009 and the end of the legal dispute was not in sight , Danger Mouse hit the headlines again when he only released the album with a CD-R and the note that the CD-R was empty for legal reasons and its own To use discretion, sold.
In 2017 he produced with u. a. Angel Olsen , Norah Jones and Beck produced a fictional soundtrack to the 1960s-style television series The Man In The High Castle under the title Resistance Radio .
Burton's stage name comes from the British animated series Danger Mouse .
Explanation of the data
- 2003: Ghetto Pop Life (with Jemini)
- 2004: The Gray Album ( Jay-Z vs. The Beatles )
- 2005: Demon Days (by Gorillaz , as producer)
- 2006: Pieces Of The People We Love (by The Rapture )
- 2006: Dreamed For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain (by Sparklehorse )
- 2007: From Man To Mouse
- 2007: The Good, the Bad & the Queen (from The Good, the Bad & the Queen )
- 2008: Attack & Release (by The Black Keys , as producer)
- 2008: Replica Sun Machine (by The Shortwave Set)
- 2008: The Blue God (by Martina Topley-Bird )
- 2008: Modern Guilt (by Beck )
- 2009: The Last Laugh (from Joker's Daughter)
- 2009: Dark Night of the Soul (together with Sparklehorse , 100+ page book + blank CD-R - limited to 5000 copies)
- 2010: Dark Night of the Soul (together with Sparklehorse, regular CD release)
- 2010: Brothers (of The Black Keys , as producer)
- 2011: Rome (together with Daniele Luppi , guest appearances by Jack White and Norah Jones )
- 2011: El Camino (of The Black Keys , as producer)
- 2012: Little Broken Hearts (by Norah Jones , as producer)
- 2013: Evil Friends (from Portugal. The Man , as producer)
- 2014: Turn Blue (of The Black Keys , as producer)
- 2014: Songs Of Innocence (by U2 , as producer)
- 2016: The Getaway (of Red Hot Chili Peppers , as producer)
- 2016: Love & Hate (by Michael Kiwanuka , as producer)
- 2019: Lux Prima (with Karen O )
- Pelican City
- 1999: The Chilling Effect
- 2000: Rhode Island
- 2002: Pelican City vs. Scanner EP
- Gnarls Barkley (with Cee-Lo Green )
- 2006: St. Elsewhere
- 2008: The Odd Couple
- Danger Doom (with MF Doom )
- 2005: The Mouse & The Mask
- 2006: Occult Hymn EP
- Broken Bells (with James Mercer from The Shins )
- 2010: Broken Bells
- 2014: After the Disco
- 2014: Golden Globe Award for the best film song : " Ordinary Love " from Mandela - The Long Road to Freedom (together with Bono , The Edge , Adam Clayton , Larry Mullen, Jr. )
- Official website
- Sebastian Reier: A mouse gnaws at the EMI - article in Die Zeit July 29, 2008.
- Danger Mouse in Discogs (English)
- ↑ BBC News: Danger Mouse to release blank CD , May 16, 2009
- ↑ https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/danger-mouse-recruits-beck-norah-jones-for-retro-covers-album-129044/
- ↑ Chart sources: DE AT CH UK US
|SURNAME||DJ Danger Mouse|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Burton, Brian (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American DJ and music producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 29, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||White Plains , New York|