Ernst to Lippe-Weißenfeld
Ernst, Graf and Noble Herr zur Lippe-Weißenfeld was a member of the Lippe family , more precisely of the Lippe-Weißenfeld line . His parents were Ludwig Graf and Edler Herr zur Lippe-Biesterfeld-Weißenfeld (1781-1860) and his wife Eleonore Auguste, née Countess von Hohenthal (1795-1856). The Prussian Minister of Justice Leopold zur Lippe-Biesterfeld-Weißenfeld (1815-1889) was his older brother.
Lippe-Weißenfeld joined the Prussian Army and was in the Hussar Regiment No. 6 , whose regimental history he wrote in the same year , until his illness-related dimission on January 14, 1860, most recently as Rittmeister . As a historian, he was also a contributor to the Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie , to which he contributed 47 individual articles. Numerous other military-historical specialist publications, some under pseudonyms , were created by him.
Lippe-Weißenfeld was u. a. Knight of the Order of St. John , Knight I Class of the House Order Albrecht the Bear , Knight II Class of the Order of Saint Michael and the Order of the Zähringer Lion , Holder of the Cross of Honor I Class of the Lippe House Order , holder of the Military Merit Medal , of the Order of the Crown III. Class, the army commemorative coin 1864 , the centenary medal and Commander of the Military and Community Service Order Adolph von Nassau .
- History of the Royal Prussian 6th Hussar Regiment (formerly 2nd Silesian). Publishing house of the Kgl. Secret Ober-Hofbuchdruckerei ( R. Decker ), Berlin 1860. ( digitized in the Munich digitization center )
- By the great king, compiled on the occasion of the Säcular memory of the Hubertusburg Peace. Döring, Potsdam / Berlin 1863.
- Hussars Book. Döring, Potsdam / Berlin 1863.
- Misery and help. “Bene fate fratelli!” Essays. Publishing house by Ludwig Rauh, Berlin 1864.
- Militaria from King Frederick the Great's time. ES Mittler & Sohn, Berlin 1866.
- West Prussia under Frederick the Great. Edited from documented sources. Ernst Lambeck, Thorn 1866 ( digitized in the Munich digitization center)
- The correspondence between King Friedrich the Gr. and Count Dönhoff, 1753. (A genealogical and biographical commentary.) In: Wochenblatt der Johanniter-Ordens-Balley Brandenburg . Volume 9, No. 5, January 29, 1868, pp. 27-28.
- Fridericus Rex and his army. A piece of Prussian army history. Vossische Buchhandlung (Strikker), Berlin 1868 ( digitized from Google Books )
Derfflinger. Biographical sketch. Contribution to the 2nd Secular Celebration of Victory at Fehrbellin. Verlag der "Militaria", Berlin 1875 (from: New military papers )
- 2nd edition ad T .: Derfflinger. Publishing house of "Militaria" ( G. von Glasenapp ), Berlin 1880.
Zieten, "the old hussar face". With picture u. Signature and card for the "Zietenritt" on May 20, 1745. Verlag der "Militaria" (G. von Glasenapp), Berlin 1880 ( digitized from Google Books)
- 2nd revised edition ad T .: Hans Joachim von Zieten. A life story. Eisenschmidt, Berlin 1885.
- The "consecrated sword Daun's". A historiographical exposition. RL Prager, Berlin 1883.
- (as "Anton Antus") The sword consecrated to Field Marshal Count Daun? A sidelight in the dark. Unger brothers, Berlin 1897.
- Anton Bettelheim: Biographisches Jahrbuch and German Nekrolog. Volume 14, 1909, Reimer, Berlin 1912.
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book together with diplomatic-statistical yearbook for the year 1865 . 102nd year, Justus Perthes , Gotha, p. 42 ( digitized version )
- German Order Almanac. Born 1908/9, Verlag Deutscher Ordens-Almanach, Berlin, p. 907. ( digitized version )
|SURNAME||Lippe-Weißenfeld, Ernst zur|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Antus, Anton|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Prussian Rittmeister and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 21, 1825|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lake near Niesky|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 28, 1909|
|Place of death||Berlin|