upper course Katzenbach
Eusserbach below Eusserthal
|Water code||DE : 237726|
|Drain over||Eisbach → Queich → Rhine → North Sea|
|source||near the Pfaffenkopf in the Middle Palatinate Forest
|confluence||with the Dernbach to Eisbach
|Height difference||approx. 174 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 20 ‰|
(10.48 km including Eisbach )
|Catchment area||32.89 km²
(49.75 km² including Eisbach )
|Left tributaries||→ Section tributaries|
|Right tributaries||→ Section tributaries|
|Reservoirs flowed through||Trout pond Schweinswoog north of Eusserthal|
|Small towns||Annweiler am Trifels|
The Eußerbach with its upper course Katzenbach is a flowing water in the Rhineland-Palatinate district of Südliche Weinstrasse and the almost 9 km long, right or northwestern source brook of the Eisbach . The water management administration of Rhineland-Palatinate specifies the length of the Eusserbach including the approximately 1.5 km long Eisbach as 10.48 km.
The Eußerbach rises as Katzenbach in the Middle Palatinate Forest at about in a valley belonging to the Roschbach Forest 1 km west-southwest of the high Pfaffenkopf and initially flows largely in a southerly direction.
Then the Katzenbach turns clearly to the south-west and unites at about Dörenbach coming from the right from the north-west to form the Eusserbach, which in turn flows south. 2 km it is the 450 m long Schweinswoog dammed where trout breed is operated.altitude with the
At the entrance to the local community of Eußerthal , the Dürrentalbach flows as the strongest inlet at about above sea level from the right , which is also called Sulzbach here on its lower course and has given its name to an Eusserthaler Weg. For the rest of its course, the Eußerbach flows south-east. Within the municipality, the Mühlbach branches off to the right and is re-introduced after 1 km; it once served as a canal to supply a mill , which was named Klostermühle after the Cistercian Abbey of Eusserthal and is now called the Alte Mühle . Below Eußerthal, the Eußerbach experiences a second, also temporary branch to the right, which is about 800 m long, and receives the Eischbach from the left .
In the district town Annweiler am Trifels the Eußerbach combined at about height with the coming of the left Northeast, nearly 7.5 km long Dernbach to Eisbach , which already is 1.5 km away from the left in the Rhine tributary Queich opens .
- Flemlinger Bach ( right ), 0.4 km, 0.69 km²
- Walsheimer Bach ( right ), 0.2 km, 0.24 km²
- Katzentalbach ( left ), 0.2 km, 0.76 km²
- Dörenbach ( right ), 3.4 km, 7.25 km²
- Krappengraben ( right ), 0.4 km, 0.38 km²
- Lauberstalbach ( left ), 0.7 km, 1.60 km²
- Dürrentalbach , on the Unterlauf also Sulzbach ( right ), 3.9 km, 7.30 km²
- Prestenbach ( right ), 0.9 km, 1.16 km²
- Auerbach ( right ), 0.2 km, 0.30 km²
- Eischbach ( left ), 2.2 km, 1.70 km²
- Ruthenbach ( right ), 0.9 km, 0.54 km²
Part of the Eußerbach and its right tributary Dürrentalbach in full flow parallel to the state road 505, which is narrow and winding from the B 10 ( Pirmasens - Landau ) in the south through Eusserthal to the Taubensuhl forest house in the northwest.
Viewpoints - The state road 505, which rises from aboutin the south to heights of over , is very picturesque and has high-altitude viewpoints. The environment is largely natural.
- Map service of the landscape information system of the Rhineland-Palatinate Nature Conservation Administration (LANIS map) ( notes )
- GeoExplorer of the Rhineland-Palatinate Water Management Authority ( information )
- Harald Kühn: The Eußerthaler Klostermühle through the ages . In: Ortsgemeinde Eußerthal (ed.): 850 years of the Cistercian monastery in Eusserthal . Eusserthal 1998, p. 407-413 .
- The Flemlinger Bach, at LANIS Katzenbach , flows out of the Flemlinger Forest.
- The Walsheimer Bach flows out of the Walsheimer Wald.
- The Dörenbach (as at the Geoportal Wasser RP, Dörrenbach near LANIS) flows from the Döreneck .
- Lauberstal at the Geoportal Wasser RP, bach added.
- The Prestenbach flows from the Prestenberg and flows into the Mühlbach , a right fork of the Eusserbach .
- The source pond of the Auerbach used to serve as a bathing pond in Eusserthal and gave the Badstrasse its name.
- The Eischbach, incorrectly also Fischbach , flows between the large and the small Eischkopf .
- The Ruthenbach flows into a right fork of the Eusserbach .