|Morse code||· · · · ·|
- The 5 is the fifth number in the Fibonacci sequence .
- The 5 is the smallest prime number, which is formed from the sum of all other prime numbers that are smaller than themselves.
- The five is a Fermat prime number : and the smallest Wilson prime number .
- The 5 is a Bell number (sequence A000110 in OEIS )
- There are exactly five platonic solids .
- There are exactly five tetrominos .
- A pentagon is a geometric figure.
- The 5 is a Størmer number .
The Pentadaktylie, the Fünfstrahligkeit or Fünffingrigkeit, is the basic breakdown of individual limbs of vertebrates in five distal, ie terminal, extensions. This does not have to be pronounced in primitive vertebrates and can regress in some higher vertebrates, for example in snakes or horses.
According to Taoist tradition there are the five elements water , fire , earth , wood and metal . There are only four elements in the Western tradition ; However, Aristotle adopted the ether as the fifth element, hence the term quintessence .
In many Eastern and Western cultures, five is the number of love as the indivisible sum of the male number three and the female number two. She was considered the number of the goddess of love Venus .
In the Chinese number symbolism , the five has a special meaning. Since the four is considered a bad number in Chinese tradition, in addition to the four cardinal points north, south, east and west, there is also a fifth, vertically upwards.
- Pentathlon is a discipline of athletics.
- Modern pentathlon is an eventing sport.
- The UEFA five-year ranking is a ranking.
Proverbs / sayings
- Something superfluous is called “the fifth wheel on the car” in German.
- If you don't take something very seriously, you let “five be even”, which means that you take an odd number for an even number.
- The Roman numeral for five is V (the consonantic U), the ten is denoted by X (graphically a double V). This is where the saying “show an X for a U” comes from; i.e., to pretend that 5 = 10.
Compositions with "quinque" and "pente"
The Greek word for five πέντε pente can be found in foreign words such as pentagon ( pentagon ), pentagram (pentagonal star) or pentateuch (five books of Moses) and in the names of some chemical compounds such as pentabromodiphenyl ether (five bromine atoms) or iron pentacarbonyl (five CO- Groups).
- The Discordianism explains 5 satirically to the sacred number, and accordingly the trilogy Illuminatus! the number 23 with the checksum 5 to the cosmic code .
- The word "five" is next to "Senf" and "Hanf" one of the three German words that end in "nf" (if one speaks of a few toponyms such as "Geneva" as well as compounds such as "Feuersenf" and derivatives such as "one hundred and five" disregards).
- The fifth column comes from within, while the other four are assigned to the cardinal points.
- Group 05 is a name for the Lübeck literature meeting .
- Schalke 05 an excitement from the early days of German color television.
- Group of Five : a group of 19th century Russian composers.
- In the case of radiotelephony , on the telephone and on number transmitters, the pronunciation five is used for better distinction , comparable to two for two .
- House 5 (LVR Clinic Düren)
- 5 a day is the name of a diet.
- A Prussian legal compendium was called the Fünfmännerbuch .