The county of Boulogne (formerly Dutch: Graafschap Bonen , Latin: Comitatus Bononiensis ) was in what is now northern France , on the English Channel in the Pas-de-Calais department . Its main town was the present port city of Boulogne-sur-Mer .
The family of the Counts of Boulogne include, among others:
- Eustach II , Count of Boulogne
- Godfrey of Bouillon , leader of the First Crusade
- Baldwin I , King of Jerusalem
List of the Counts of Boulogne
- Wiberus (Wibertus ?, Wigbertus ?, Wicbertus ?, Wibert ?, ...) approx. 570 [maternal grandfather of the Austrasian house merchant Ansegisel, son of Arnulf, Bishop of Metz]?
- Ragnhard about 800
- Hernequin? -888?
- Odoacar V the Great ? -914?
- Inglebert? -941?
- Odoacar VI. ? -954?
- Adalolf (Æthelwulf) , † 933, son of Count Baldwin II of Flanders
- Arnulf I , † 964, brother of Adalolf, Count of Flanders
- Balduin I. , † 962, son of Arnulf I.
- Arnulf II , † after January 31, 972, son of Adalolf
- Balduin II † probably 1033, probably son of Arnulf II.
- Eustach I. 1033-um 1048; ∞ Mathilde, daughter of Count Lambert I von Löwen
- Eustach II († around 1090)
- Eustach III. († 1125)
- Matilda (1105–1152) ∞ Stephen of Blois († 1154) King of England
- Eustach IV , son of Stephen, 1150–1153
- Wilhelm , brother of Eustach, 1153–1159
- Maria († 1180), sister of Wilhelm, ∞ Matthew of Alsace , Count of Flanders
- Matthew of Alsace , Count of Flanders, husband of Mary († 1180), 1159–1173
- Ida of Alsace, 1173–1227, daughter of Matthew, ∞ Rainald , Count of Dammartin
- Rainald , Count von Dammartin , 1191–1227, Ida's husband
- Mathilde , 1227–1259, daughter of Rainald
- Philipp Hurepel of France , 1227–1234, first husband of Matilde
- Alfons III , King of Portugal, 1238–1245, second husband to Matilde
- Robert V , Count of Auvergne , 1258–1276, Ida's great-nephew
- Wilhelm XI. , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1276–1279, son of Robert V.
- Robert VI. , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1279-1314, brother of William XI.
- Robert VII. , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1314–1326, son of Roberts VI.
- Wilhelm XII. , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1326–1332, son of Robert VII.
- Johanna I , Countess of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1332–1360, daughter of Wilhelm XII., Duchess of Burgundy and Queen of France by marriage
- Philip I , son of Joan, Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1360-1361, Duke of Burgundy
- Johann I , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1361–1386, brother of Wilhelm XII.
- John II , Count of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1386–1394, son of John I.
- Johanna II. , Countess of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1394–1422, daughter of Johann II., By marriage Duchess of Berry
- Maria von Montgascon , Countess of Auvergne and Boulogne, 1422–1435, niece of John I, ceded Boulogne to Burgundy in 1435.
- John Beaumont, 1st Viscount Beaumont , Earl of Boulogne, 1440-1460
- William Beaumont, 2nd Viscount Beaumont , Earl of Boulogne, 1460-1507
- History of the Countess Palatinate Genovefa and the Frauenkirchen chapel, Heinrich Sauerborn, Miesenheim, Verlag G. Joseph Manz, Regensburg, 1856