Hans Jürgen Krysmanski
Hans Jürgen Krysmanski (born October 27, 1935 in Berlin ; † June 9, 2016 ) was a German sociologist and taught as a university lecturer at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster .
Life and academic career
Krysmanski graduated in sociology, history , psychology and philosophy at the Free University of Berlin , the University of Graz , the University of Vienna , the University of Hamburg and the University of Muenster and was in 1961 with a literary and sociological research on the methodology of utopian novels of the 20th . century doctorate .
As an assistant to Helmut Schelsky , he completed his habilitation in 1967 in Münster with a thesis on scientific outsiders . After working as a visiting professor at the Universidad Nacional in Bogotá , he was appointed full professor and director of the Institute for Sociology at the University of Münster in 1971. In 2001 he was released, but continued to teach and research.
His research areas were the sociology of science , class analysis , especially the financial and money elite , the military-industrial complex , peace and conflict research , media sociology and power structure research . From 1996 to 2000 Krysmanski coordinated the European Popular Science (EPS), a research project of the European Commission .
In 1984 he ran for the " Peace List " for the European elections .
As a human rights activist, he became involved, among other things, after September 11, 1973 against the Pinochet Putsch in Chile.
- From 1976 to 1991 he was a member of the Presidium of the World Peace Council and the Steering Committee of the World Federation of Scientific Workers .
- In the 1980s he was a Scientific Advisory Board member of the DKP-affiliated Institute for Marxist Studies and Research .
- Member of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation ,
- Member of the Federation of Democratic Scientists (BdWi)
- Member of the Attac Scientific Advisory Board .
He was married to Renate Krysmanski, a sociologist at the Dortmund University of Applied Sciences .
- The utopian method. A literary u. Sociological investigation of German utopian novels of the 20th century. West German publishing house, Cologne / Opladen 1963.
- Social system and science. Bertelsmann, Gütersloh 1967; 2nd, extended edition: Social system and science. On the question of scientific outsiders. Bertelsmann University Press , Düsseldorf 1972, ISBN 3-571-09005-5 .
- Sociology of Conflict. Materials and models. Rowohlt, Reinbek 1971, ISBN 3-499-55362-7 .
- with Peter Marwedel (ed.): The crisis in sociology. A critical reader for the 17th German Sociological Congress. Pahl-Rugenstein, Cologne 1975, ISBN 3-7609-0193-X .
- Social structure of the Federal Republic. Sociological sketches on the connection between modes of production, productive forces and production relations. Pahl-Rugenstein, Cologne 1982, ISBN 3-7609-0556-0 .
- with Thomas Neumann : group picture. German elites in the 20th century. Rowohlt, Reinbek 1989, ISBN 3-499-18732-9 .
- Sociology and Peace. Basic introduction to a current topic . Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen 1993, ISBN 3-531-12384-X .
- Crisis of democracy, production public and net politics . Website of the Heinrich Böll Foundation Hessen e. V. April 1997.
- Popular Science. Media, Science and Power in Postmodernism. Waxmann, Münster [a. a.] 2001, ISBN 3-8309-1118-1 ( PDF; 1.31 MB ).
- Ruling Class Revisited . In: Z. Zeitschrift Marxistische Renewal . Issue 57, March 2004.
- Power Structure Research and "I Still Wanted To Be A Generalist". A look inside the Council on Foreign Relations . In: Science & Peace. 2004-4.
Shepherds & Wolves. How money and power elites appropriate the world or: Invitation to power structure research . Westphalian steam boat, Münster 2004, ISBN 3-89691-602-5 ; 7th edition 2016 ibid., Reprint of the 2nd thoroughly edited and greatly expanded edition from 2009, ISBN 978-3-89691-602-0 .
- The rich and powerful - materials and suggestions for their exploration , review by Richard Sorg in UTOPIE Kreativ, issue 180, October 2005.
- Who pulls the strings ( memento of December 30, 2009 in the Internet Archive ), interview with Reinhard Jellen in Telepolis , December 29, 2009 ( part 2 , December 30, 2009).
- Who does the EU belong to? In: Sahra Wagenknecht (ed.): Poverty and wealth today. An analysis of the present. Edition Ost, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-360-01084-1 .
- The quiet class struggle from above. Structures and actors of wealth . In: UTOPIE Kreativ. Issue 205, November 2007, pp. 999-1011 ( PDF ).
- 0.1% - The billionaires empire . Westend, Frankfurt am Main (2012), 2nd edition 2015, ISBN 978-3-86489-023-9 .
- The last journey of Karl Marx. Westend, Frankfurt am Main 2014, ISBN 978-3-86489-072-7 .
- Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: The end of 'Interflug' ( Spiegel TV , 1991)
- Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: Superpower in the supermarket ( NDR , 1993)
- Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: Münster Online - a city goes online (1995)
- Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: Oshkosh - the largest fly-in in the world (1995)
- Georg Ahrweiler, Rainer Rilling & Rolf Schellhase (eds.): Sociological excursions. Festschrift for Hans Jürgen Krysmanski on his 60th birthday. Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen 1997, ISBN 3-531-12887-6 .
- Literature by and about Hans Jürgen Krysmanski in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of Hans Jürgen Krysmanski at the University of Münster (archive.org)
- World Economic Forum: Davos is “like a Bambi gala” , Interview by Rudolf Stumberger on stern.de , January 24, 2008.
- Tax evasion: “Those are little fish” , interview by Nina Bublitz on stern.de, February 16, 2008.
- Sociology and Wealth Research ' , Internet TV interview by Ken Jebsen.
- Krys is dead. Hans Jürgen Krysmanski was a great sociologist and critic of power , obituary by Bernd Drücke, in: Junge Welt, Berlin, July 5, 2016
- Obituary by Nils Zurawski , University of Münster, June 30, 2016
- ↑ rainer-rilling.de, accessed on June 23, 2016
- ↑ a b c d Bernd Drücke , Krys is dead. Hans Jürgen Krysmanski was a great sociologist and critic of rule , in: Junge Welt, July 5, 2016, p. 11.
- ↑ Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: Tabular curriculum vitae. Retrieved March 22, 2018 .
- ^ EPS Final Report on the European Popular Science website .
- ^ Members of the scientific advisory board. In: Attac. Retrieved July 13, 2018 .
|SURNAME||Krysmanski, Hans Jürgen|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 27, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 9, 2016|