Beselich-Obertiefenbach home parlor
The museum building - exterior view
|place||Beselich - Obertiefenbach|
|opening||March 18, 1998|
|Number of visitors (annually)||250|
Catholic men's organization St. Agidius Obertiefenbach e. V.
The Heimatstube Beselich-Obertiefenbach is a local museum that deals with the history, tradition and culture of the municipality of Beselich , especially the district of Obertiefenbach .
The home parlor Beselich-Obertiefenbach was founded by committed members of the men's work of the Catholic parish “St. Agidius ”was created after many years of collecting exhibits and four years of intensive construction work and was officially opened on March 18, 1998.
The local history museum is located in the listed "Alte Schule" parsonage in the center of the village on an area of around 190 m² and can be viewed as a permanent exhibition on the top floor. This building, which was first used as a primary school on November 5, 1873 , is located in the center of the village in the street “An der Kirche” in the immediate vicinity of the neo-Gothic Catholic parish church of St. Giles .
The Heimatarchiv offers a large number of documents, flags, photographs, books, pictures and maps from the lives of previous generations. A complete old shoemaker's workshop, an old living room with a stove, a bed with a straw mattress, tools from a joiner's and carpentry shop, a roofer and a painter can also be found here, as well as many old agricultural and household appliances. In addition, objects from religious life and historical equipment of the volunteer fire brigade are on display. School desks of different ages from the primary school can be seen as further exhibits .
Also typical of the region are the exhibits showing the work in basalt mining, as well as the rocks from the home community : basalt , clay , quartzite and iron stone as well as a goods cart that is located in front of the monument.
In local history collections, essential press articles and photographs, including group photos of Obertiefenbach's First Communion years from 1926 onwards, are available to interested visitors.
The complete recording of the Obertiefenbach funfair boys from 1947 as photo documentation and the associated newspaper reports about the Obertiefenbach funfair since 1950 are available for all visitors to view.
Since the village of Obertiefenbach received a particularly large number of expellees as a result of the Second World War , who helped shape the image of the village around the 1950s, this is also illustrated in the Heimatstube. There are also various documents and representations about the former monastery and the ruins of the Beselich monastery as well as their conservation measures in a separate area.
In a showcase there is also the certificate of appointment as Minister of Defense of the late Federal Minister and Obertiefenbach honorary citizen Georg Leber, as well as other related documents and photos from politics in the 1960s / 1970s (including Georg Leber with John F. Kennedy , Jimmy Carter , Helmut Schmidt ) .
Archives and Library
The Heimatstube maintains an extensive archive consisting of holdings from the formerly independent community of Obertiefenbach as well as records from various people and groups. In addition, relevant newspaper clippings and complete volumes of the Beselicher Wochenspiegel are available since the first edition.
Lectures on local history and local history
Lectures on local history and local history by expert speakers are offered by the team of the Heimatstube from time to time in the large hall of the parish hall and are very popular.
The local history museum is usually open to visitors on the second Sunday afternoon of each month. Guided tours for groups can also take place outside of the opening times by arrangement. Admission is not charged.
Personalities related to the home parlor
- Georg Leber (born October 7, 1920 in Obertiefenbach; † August 21, 2012), German politician (SPD), former Bundestag Vice- President (1979–1983), Member of the German Bundestag (1957–1983), Member of the European Parliament (1958–1959 ), Federal Minister of Transport (1966–1972) (from 1969 also Federal Minister for Post and Telecommunications ) and Federal Minister of Defense (1972–1978), honorary citizen of the municipality of Beselich (since 1969).
- Peter Jaskola (born May 22, 1952 in Jemielnica ), Polish Roman Catholic priest and professor of theology at the University of Opole , has represented the pastor of the Catholic parish of St. Egidius Obertiefenbach every year since the summer of 1993 and is always a guest of the Catholic Men's Work and the Local history museum.
- Georg Wagner : Obertiefenbach in its past . Obertiefenbach community, Wiesbaden-Dotzheim 1954.
- Marie-Luise Crone: The seven boys in Obertiefenbach . Sheets about the Freudenberg Movement, Wiesbaden 1994, ISBN 3-928966-05-7 .
- Franz-Josef Sehr : Obertiefenbach home parlor . In: 125 years of the parish church of St. Agidius Obertiefenbach . Parish of St. Agidius Obertiefenbach, Beselich 2013, p. 47-48 .
- Franz-Josef Sehr : 140 years of the school building in Obertiefenbach . In: Yearbook for the Limburg-Weilburg district 2014 . The district committee of the district of Limburg-Weilburg, Limburg-Weilburg 2013, ISBN 3-927006-50-5 , p. 95-98 .