Hippolyt Freiherr Poschinger von Frauenau
Hippolyt Theodor Wilhelm Georg Benedikt Johannes Maria Freiherr Poschinger von Frauenau (born June 19, 1908 in Bamberg ; † July 20, 1990 in Zwiesel ) was a German entrepreneur , forester and politician .
Live and act
Poschinger was the son of the Imperial Councilor of the Crown of Bavaria Eduard Freiherr Poschinger von Frauenau and a great-grandson of the Bavarian Prime Minister Otto Graf von Bray-Steinburg on his mother's side . He came from the Poschinger glassmaker dynasty in the Bavarian Forest . His brother-in-law was the auxiliary bishop in Munich and Freising , Count Heinrich von Soden-Fraunhofen .
He attended elementary school in Regensburg and Frauenau and from 1919 to 1926 the humanistic grammar school of the Ettal Benedictine monastery . In 1930 he completed his studies at the University of Munich with a degree in forestry , in December of the same year he took over the management of his father's agricultural and forestry property at Gut Oberfrauenau , which had been badly affected by hurricanes and hailstorms the previous year . The Poschinger glass factory is part of the estate .
On June 11, 1938, he married Maria Immaculata Countess von Soden-Fraunhofen (1907–1989) in Windberg , with whom he had two sons and three daughters.
In 1952 he was elected by the regional committee of the Bavarian Farmers' Association as representative of forestry in the Bavarian Senate . There he took over the office of 1st Vice President in 1964 and was elected President of the Bavarian 2nd Chamber on January 10, 1968. In 1980 he handed over his property to his son Stephan and left the Senate three years later. From 1968 until he left the Senate, he was also a member of the administrative board of Bayerischer Rundfunk .
In addition, Poschinger was also chairman of the Bavarian Forest Owners Association from 1960. He knew how to integrate the various owner groups into the association and to successfully represent their common interests. For example, the Forest Damage Compensation Act and a reduction in unit values came about largely on his initiative .
Hippolyt Poschinger von Frauenau died on July 20, 1990 at the age of 82.
- 1961: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1968: Great Cross of Merit of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1973: Large Cross of Merit with Star of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1978: Great Cross of Merit with star and shoulder ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1973: Grand State Medal in Gold from the Bavarian State Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Forestry for "outstanding services to Bavarian agriculture and forestry"
- 1982: Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Three hundred and fifty years of Poschinger in Frauenau , Frauenau 1955
- with Ludwig Ritter von Poschinger: Directory of the members of the Poschinger family. Starting with Joachim around 1520 , OO 1962
- 25 years of the Bavarian Senate 1947–1972. Speeches on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Bavarian Senate given on December 4, 1972 in the Maximilianeum, Munich , Munich 1972
- Helga Schmöger (arr.): The Bavarian Senate. Biographical-Statistical Handbook 1947–1997 . Main band. Droste, Düsseldorf 1998, ISBN 3-7700-5207-2 , ( handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties 10).
- Heinrich Rubner : Hippolyt Freiherr von Poschinger . In: Heinrich Rubner: Hundreds of important forest people in Bavaria (1875 to 1970) . Bavarian State Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Forests, Munich 1994, ( communications from the Bavarian State Forestry Administration 47, ISSN 1616-511X ), pp. 136-138.
- Ingeborg Seyfert: Data on the glass history of the Poschinger. An invitation to a contemplative hike . 3. Edition. I. Seyfert, Lindberg 1992.
- NN: Baron Hippolyth Freiherr von Poschinger - 14 years President of the Bavarian Senate . In: Der Bayerwald Vol. 95, 2003, Issue 4, ISSN 0405-0851 , pp. 36-37.
- NN: Awarding the Bavarian Golden State Medal to Hippolyt Freiherr Poschinger von Frauenau . In Der Forst- und Holzwirt Vol. 28, 1973, Issue 16, ISSN 0932-9315 , pp. 336-337.
- “The Bavarian Forest” with an article about von Frauenau (PDF) ( Memento from September 27, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) (1.29 MB)
- ^ House of Bavarian History - Bavarian Biographies. Retrieved July 26, 2017 (English).
- ^ NN: Baron Hippolyth Freiherr von Poschinger - 14 years President of the Bavarian Senate. In: Der Bayerwald, Straubing, 95 (2003), 4, p. 36/37 ( Memento from September 27, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ Announcement of awards of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany. In: Federal Gazette . Vol. 25, No. 159, August 25, 1973.
- ↑ Announcement of awards of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany. In: Federal Gazette . Vol. 30, No. 172, September 13, 1978.
- ↑ ordensmuseum.de - Großkreuz , accessed on January 16, 2016
|SURNAME||Poschinger von Frauenau, Hippolyt|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Poschinger von Frauenau, Hippolyt Theodor Wilhelm Georg Benedikt Johannes Maria Freiherr|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur, forest manager and politician (President of the Bavarian Senate)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1908|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bamberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 20, 1990|
|Place of death||Zwiesel|