Hollenstein (Bad Salzuflen)
The place is located on the eastern foothills of the Vierenberg , south of deserts, near the neighboring district Bergkirchen in the southwest and between Ehrsen-Breden in the southwest and Vosshagen in the east.
The name “ Hollenstein ” is probably of mythological origin: a “ Hillige Richte ”, a holy hedge path, is said to have led from Wiensiek and Erdsiek up to a sanctuary. Here the fair girl, known in fairy tales as " Frau Holle ", Freyja - the goddess of marriage and the domestic hearth, could have been worshiped. Later, in Christian times, a picture of the Virgin Mary was placed here for worship .
Culture and sights
Hollenstein No. 1 : formerly "Oberwüsten 77"; Former teachers' house of the Plögerschule, moved to another location
- The inscription on the house, built in 1851, reads SEE HOW FINE LOVELY IT IS FOR BROTHERS TO LIVE WITH EACH OTHER, BECAUSE THE LORD PROMOTES BLESSING AND LIVING ALWAYS AND FOREVER. GOD BLESS US AND ALL THE WORLD FEAR HIM.
Hollenstein No. 8 : formerly "Oberwüsten 74"; here which was Plögerschule , one as part of the revival movement was founded in 1851 Lutheran private school that later after Bergkirchen was moved
- a stone inscription reads ( Jesus Christ speaks. Let the little children come to me and do not prevent them, for such is the kingdom of GodPs. 124.8 )
Hollenstein No. 9 : formerly "Oberwüsten 54"
- the archway inscription reads (" The righteous will live his faith " (Rom. 1, 17)) De Rechdtferdige lewedt sines Gelowens
Hollensteiner Weg No. 1 and 3 : formerly "Oberwüsten 43"
- the archway inscriptions read and ANNO 1663 DEN 22 JULIUS HAT HAN DEPPE AND HIS HOUSE FRAW GIFTS MOLLER DIS HOUSE LASSEN BAUWEN HENRICH M HANS MOLLER IN THE YEAR 1855 JANUARY 20 HANS BERND KRUMME BUILD THIS HOUSE LASSEN (e DURCH) (ussner) WATCH AND BATEN AND WORK AND TAKE NEW PATIENCE DISTRIBUTE EVIL IMAGINATION SEE THE REALM OF GOD IS IN YOU
The district is served by call and taxi buses from the Bad Salzuflen city bus network.
The next train stations are Schötmar , Lemgo and Bad Salzuflen.
- "Witnesses from the desert past": place names, archway and grave inscriptions , Erwin Schubert, Wüsten, May 1990.
- "Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Fürstentums Lippe", Detmold, 1882.
- "Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Fürstentums Lippe", Detmold, 1911.