Vosshagen (Bad Salzuflen)
Voßhagen located about two kilometers southwest of the Wüstener town center, north and south of the country road 958, shown here as church Heider street is called, between Hollenstein in the west, mountain churches in the south and to Lemgo belonging Kirchheide in the east.
Protected area / natural monument
In the 14th century Vosshagen was a divided village, the farms paid their tithes to the Drosten zu Varenholz and the Taller pastor or via the parish in Schötmar to the Herford monastery . At the beginning of the 15th century , the Varenholz part came into the possession of the Lords of Exterde .
The part of Vosshagen belonging to Herford Abbey later came to the farming community or municipality of Oberwüsten, which was merged with the municipality of Unterwüsten to form the municipality of Wüsten on April 1, 1939.
Only as part of the North Rhine-Westphalian territorial reform was the whole of Vosshagen, including the part that until then belonged to Welstorf, with Bad Salzuflen, the city of Schötmar, Wüsten and eight other municipalities on January 1, 1969 in the course of implementing the "Law on reorganization des Landkreis Lemgo ”merged to form the new town of Bad Salzuflen.
As part of the implementation of the Bielefeld Act , the Lemgo and Detmold districts were merged to form the new Lippe district on January 1, 1973, to which Bad Salzuflen and Voßhagen have belonged since then.
Historical names are Vosseshagen (after 1241, 1353, 1412, 1496), Voshagin (1411), Voshaigen (1497), Voeshaigen (1535), Voshagen (1545), Voishagen (1590), Voßhagenn (1615), Voißhagen (1618) as well Voshagen (1758, 1806). The name means "Fuchshagen" or "Fuchshecke".
Economy and Infrastructure
Pill break wind farm
The Pillenbruch wind farm, built in 2001/2002, is north of Vosshagen . The Energy GmbH here operates eleven wind turbines - eight NEG Micon NM60 / 1000 / two Enercon E-58 / a 2500 Nordex N80 / , the wind energy into electrical energy (12.5 MW convert).
Culture and sights
Kirchheider Straße No. 82 : formerly "Oberwüsten 18" and "Vosshagen 1", already mentioned in 1535 in the state treasury register
- the inscription on the farmhouse read IN THE YEAR 1884 A QUICK HAS TO RENEW THIS HOUSE. M (ei) ST (e) RA STELBRINK M (ei) ST (e) R JUNGEBLUT
- at the barn is on the archway formerly part of the body breeding. to read ANNO 1756 THE 2 JULIUS HAT HERMAN HENRICH VODT AND TRIN LISABET SCHEIPERS (...) WHERE THE LORD DOES NOT BUILD THE HOUSE THAT WORKS FOR FREE THE BUILDING ON IT. WHERE HE ISN'T GUARDING THE CITY SO THE GUARD WATCHES FOR FREEM (eister) HERMON HENRI DEPPE
Kirchheider Strasse No. 84 : “Drakenhof”, formerly “Oberwüsten 2”, from 1939 “Wüsten 201”, and later “Vosshagen 2”, birthplace of the father of the District President Heinrich Drake
- the archway inscription reads ANNO 1820 DEN 18 IULIUS HAS JOHAN CHRISTOPHEL DRACKE AND ANNA SOPHIA PECCERS FROM THE UPPER DESERT OF THE HER KRONE THIS HOUSE WITH A BLESSING AND ALL WHO ENTER AND OUT WHO TRUST GOD HAS BEEN BUILT IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH JOHAN BARTOL GRAVE
- (= Honor God alone in the highest) can be read above a door arch inside the house SOLI DEO GLORIA
- above the gate of the Kötterhaus is the inscription 1834 JOHAN CHRISTOPHEL DRACKE AND ANNA MARIA SOPHIA PEGGERS AD OBERWÜSTE LET THIS HOUSE BUILT DMJH BERND DEPPE WHO TRUSTED GOD WELL BUILT IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH
Kirchheider Strasse No. 86 : formerly "Oberwüsten 3" and "Voßhagen 3"
- the inscription carved in sandstone above the entrance to the Deel reads ANNO 1862 JULY 23rd HAVE JOH. FR. ANTON MÖLLER AND HIS WIFE WILHELM. AUG. AMAL. MÖLLER GEB. LEADING RING FROM MATORF, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, HAVE THIS HOUSE BUILT
- the inscription on the shed is now built into the barn and reads: ANN = 1654 THE 01 JUNIUS HANS MÖLLER AND CATRINA VOSHAGE DUTH HAUS L (ASSEN) BUWEN. WOL GOT VORTRUWET HAS WOL BUWET IN THE SKY AND ALSO ON EARTH
- Map query at http://geo.kreislippe.de , accessed on April 4, 2020.
- Otto Pölert: Bruningshof, Kixmühle and Voßhagen . In: " Wüsten - Eine Höfe = und Siedlungsgeschichte "., Wüsten, 1965, p. 31ff.
- Stephanie Reekers: The regional development of the districts and communities of Westphalia 1817-1967 . Aschendorff, Münster Westfalen 1977, ISBN 3-402-05875-8 , p. 297 .
- Martin Bünermann: The communities of the first reorganization program in North Rhine-Westphalia . Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, Cologne 1970.
- Martin Bünermann, Heinz Köstering: The communities and districts after the municipal territorial reform in North Rhine-Westphalia . Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, Cologne 1975, ISBN 3-555-30092-X .
- "Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Fürstentums Lippe", Detmold, 1882.
- "Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Fürstentums Lippe", Detmold, 1898.
- "Ortschaftsverzeichnis des Fürstentums Lippe", Detmold, 1911.
- Deserts, People, and History. Retrieved December 8, 2018 .
- Witnesses from the desert past: place names, archway and grave inscriptions , Erwin Schubert, Wüsten, May 1990
- Birgit Meineke: The place names of the Lippe district , Verlag für Regionalgeschichte, Bielefeld , 2010, ISBN 978-3-89534-842-6 , p. 498.
- House inscriptions in Voßhagen at www.nhv-ahnenforschung.de
- Place names, archways and grave inscriptions , Erwin Schubert, Wüsten, May 1990