Horst Jannott was born as the second son of insurance manager Kurt Jannott . After completing a commercial apprenticeship in an insurance company, Jannott studied law at the University of Erlangen from 1946 . He passed the first state law examination in 1949, the second followed in 1953.
After his second state examination, Jannott joined Munich Re in 1954 as a legal assessor . In 1964 he was appointed to the board of directors and in 1969 he was appointed chairman of the board of directors as the successor to Alois Alzheimer , who was moving to the supervisory board.
He succeeded u. a. by strengthening the international business, the Münchner Rück became the world's largest reinsurance company again.
honors and awards
- Honorary doctorate from the law faculty of the University of Mannheim
- Honorary Senator of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science
- Honorary Senator of the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich
- Honorary Senator of the University of Music in Munich
- Knight of Honor of the Order of St. John
- 1976: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1988: Large Cross of Merit with Star of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1992: Large Cross of Merit with Star and Shoulder Ribbon of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Literature by and about Horst Jannott in the catalog of the German National Library
- Books by Jannott
- Biography at munzinger.de
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Jannott, Horst Kurt|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German insurance manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gotha|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 21, 1993|
|Place of death||Munich|