Isabella Parkinson made her theatrical debut in Rio de Janeiro in the play Mattogrosso, directed by Gerald Thomas . She then moved to New York to study at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute and the Grotowski Studio, among others .
In 1991 she moved to Vienna, where she played in Das Schloss at the Akademietheater under the direction of Thomas Reisinger . From 1993 to 1997 she was part of the permanent ensemble of the Volksbühne on Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz in Berlin, where she a. a. worked with directors such as Frank Castorf , Andreas Kriegenburg , Robert Hunger-Bühler , Stefan Bachmann , and Michael Simon . She starred in plays such as The Good Man of Sezuan , The Gang and The False Maid .
During the 1990s she received her first television and cinema roles. Her breakthrough came in 1997 with the central part of the Palestinian terrorist and airplane hijacker in the docu-drama Death Game (director: Heinrich Breloer ). In the cinema, she played leading roles in, among others, Die Apothekerin (Director: Rainer Kaufmann ), The Strange Behavior of Sexually Mature City dwellers during the mating season (Director: Marc Rothemund ), Dunckel (Director: Lars Kraume ), Frau2 sucht Happyend (Director: Edward Berger ), Meine beautiful neighbor (Director: Peter Kahane ) and CO-MA (Director: Mike Figgis ).
Since 1998 she has worked as a freelance actress for the theater as well as for cinema and television. She played the leading roles in Franziska (by Frank Wedekind ) in the Hanover Theater under the direction of Christina Paulhofer , in People in Wrong Contexts by Maxim Biller in the Maxim-Gorki-Theater Berlin under the direction of Peter Kastenmüller, in Alma by Joshua Sobol under the Directed by Paulus Manker and Ship of Dreams directed by Konstanze Lauterbach.
Since 2006 she has been working in Brazil again, where she played leading roles in the plays Betrogen (play by Harold Pinter , award-winning production by Ary Coslov), Geração Pocket (director: Bruno Garcia) and Momo (director: Cristina Moura), and others. a. She also had larger roles in the television productions JK , Noites de Almirante and Meu nome é Ed Mort .
In addition to her work as an actress, she had several recitals in the Red Salon of the Volksbühne Berlin in the 1990s. For years she was considered the "voice of the Love Parade " in Berlin.
Since 2010 she has also been working as a translator. She has thieves and Bugatti appears by Dea Loher (on behalf of the Goethe Institute) and the screenplay by Joseph Vilsmaier s A uf Axis, which was filmed in Brazil, is translated into Portuguese. Your first translation from Portuguese into German was the play Die Vordertür by Julia Spadaccini , which was published by Zuckerhut Verlag. In January 2019 , Pedro Brício's play, Almost lost love effort, was published by Theater der Zeit.
In 2018 she made her debut as a director and author in Berlin with the solo evening Low Risk - a state of mind.
She has a daughter and lives in Berlin and Rio de Janeiro.
- 1994: Hotel Interim
- 1997: Just for one night
- 1997: Death Game
- 1997: The Three (TV series)
- 1997: The pharmacist
- 1997: The wedding present
- 1998: The investigator
- 1998: everything will be fine!
- 1998: The strange behavior of sexually mature urbanites during the mating season
- 1998: Dunckel
- 1999: The call girl
- 1999: The wedding cow
- 1999: betrayed friendship - a man becomes a danger
- 1999: a single father
- 1999: The dolphin wonder
- 2000: Honolulu
- 2001: Frau2 is looking for HappyEnd
- 2001: Zero 12
- 2001: Crash into the death zone
- 2002: Hexed wedding
- 2002: Check-in To Disaster
- 2002: Target investigators in the sights
- 2003: Hamlet X
- 2004: Double effort - the truth dies last
- 2004: SK Kölsch
- 2004: Co / Ma
- 2005: Tatort - Death Bridge (TV series)
- 2006: JK
- 2006: beautiful life
- 2006: crime scene - blood diamonds
- 2006: The Bull Bride 2 - Death is 17 carats
- 2006: Martha and the flying grandfather
- 2007: Anna's nightmare shortly after 6
- 2009: My beautiful neighbor
- 2009: Polizeiruf 110 - Wrong Father (TV series)
- 2010: Meu Nome é Ed Mort
- 2011: SOKO Cologne - witness in fear
- 2012: SOKO Stuttgart - night shift
- 2015: The prosecutor - family ties
- 2015: Bach in Brazil
- 2016: The mountain rescuers - Tabula Rasa
- 2017: Allmen and the secret of the pink diamond (TV movie)
- 2017: The Barcelona Crime - Death from the Deep (TV series)
- 2018: Danowski - Blood Apple
- 2018: Allmen and the secret of the dahlias
- 2019: Danowski - Blood Apple
- Isabella Parkinson in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- https://isabellaparkinson.com official website
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Brazilian actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2nd January 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rio de Janeiro|