Polenz on duty
for the Western Sydney Wanderers (2013)
|birthday||November 7, 1986|
|place of birth||West Berlin , Germany|
|1997-1998||CFC Hertha 06|
|1998-2002||Tennis Borussia Berlin|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|2005-2006||Werder Bremen II||64 (14)|
|2007-2009||Alemannia Aachen II||4(0)|
|2010–2012||1. FC Union Berlin||14(0)|
|2011–2012||1. FC Union Berlin II||9(2)|
|2012-2014||Western Sydney Wanderers||47(2)|
|2014||Sarpsborg 08 FF||2(0)|
|Stations as a trainer|
|2020–||Eintracht Frankfurt U15|
|1 Only league games are given.|
Jérôme Polenz (born November 7, 1986 in West Berlin ) is a former German soccer player . He has been a tactics expert for the streaming broadcaster DAZN since 2018 . In addition, he has been coach of the U15 at Eintracht Frankfurt together with Thomas Broich since July 2020 .
Polenz was born in West Berlin as the son of an Algerian and a German. There he began his career as a player in the youth teams of SC Siemensstadt , CFC Hertha 06 and Tennis Borussia Berlin . In the 2002/03 season - at the age of 15 years - he was for the youth team of Werder Bremen committed three years later, the trained full-back was in the second team included, for he 2004-2007 64 games in the Regionalliga Nord graduated and scored 15 goals.
From January 2006 to the end of the 2006/07 season he was a contract amateur in the Werder Bremen Bundesliga squad. He made his Bundesliga debut on February 4, 2006 (19th matchday) in a 4-2 home win against 1. FSV Mainz 05 with a substitution for Nelson Valdez in the 85th minute. Two days later he signed a license player contract dated June 30, 2009.
For the 2007/08 season , Polenz moved to the second division Alemannia Aachen and played 51 league and three DFB Cup games . In 2010 he returned to his hometown and joined the league competitor 1. FC Union Berlin . After disagreements with coach Uwe Neuhaus , he was temporarily released from the professional team and only belonged to their training squad or the second team . After a discussion and more than nine months without professional use, Polenz was recalled to the professional squad. Regardless of the previous events, the club and the players agreed to terminate the contract at the end of the 2011/12 season . Polenz played his last league game on April 10, 2012 (30th matchday) in the 1: 2 defeat in the away game against FC St. Pauli .
In August 2012, he moved to Australia to newly formed football - franchise Western Sydney Wanderers , where he held the position of right full-back . With the club, which played for the first time in the highest Australian league, Polenz completed the regular season after 27 league games as the first in the table and qualified for the final round. Successful in the semifinals against Brisbane Roar 2-0 , he and his team lost the Grand Final on April 21, 2013 with 2-0 against the Central Coast Mariners . The 2013/14 season ended Polenz with his team as second in the table. Again the club reached the Grand Final and played against Brisbane Roar, but Polenz had to admit defeat to the opposing team around the former Bundesliga player Thomas Broich with 1: 2 after extra time.
After two successful years in the A-League, Polenz turned down the offer to extend his contract with the Western Sydney Wanderers in order to be able to play in Europe again. He then signed a contract in Norway with Sarpsborg 08 FF in summer 2014 . Polenz left Sarpsborg in November 2014 and returned to Australia to Brisbane Roar, where German midfielder Thomas Broich was already under contract. After he only came to one use in the 2015/16 season , he prematurely terminated his contract with Brisbane and ended his career.
He made his debut in the national jersey on May 20, 2004 in Kiev when the U18 national team lost 2-0 to the Ukraine when he came on as a substitute for Stephan Schröck in the second half . In the second comparison, two days later, in the 4-1 victory, he was used a second time for this national team.
For the U19 national team he made his debut on September 15, 2004 in Ratingen in the 0-2 defeat against the Spanish team, when he came on in the 22nd minute for Stephan Schröck. At the U19 European Championship , which was held in Northern Ireland from July 18 to 29, 2005 , he played only the first group game , which the German team lost 4-2 to Serbia and Montenegro .
- at club level:
- German runner-up: 2005/06
- Australian runner-up: 2012/13
- A-League Premiership: 2012/13
- PFA Team of the Year : 2012/13
After the active time
Together with Thomas Broich , Polenz is the founder and managing director of zonal.ly GmbH . They run a football blog under the brand name and create short video clips on tactics in football for the streaming broadcaster DAZN as part of the "Tom and Jiro Talking Tactics" format, in which they appear together as experts.
Polenz has been married to the German model Svenja Polenz since May 2011. She is the granddaughter of the former Bremen striker Klaus Hänel and great-granddaughter of the former national player Erich Hänel .
- Jérôme Polenz in the database of weltfussball.de
- Union grabs Polenz. Kicker-Sportmagazin, May 11, 2010, accessed on June 19, 2012 .
- 1. FC Union Berlin: Approval for Şahin and Polenz. 1. FC Union Berlin, December 21, 2010, accessed on July 11, 2011 .
- Jérôme Polenz is eligible to play again. 1. FC Union Berlin, September 26, 2011, accessed on September 29, 2011 .
- Union separates from Polenz and Kolk. Kicker-Sportmagazin, June 19, 2012, accessed on June 19, 2012 .
- Polenz changes to Brisbane Roar , in: transfermarkt.de, from January 6, 2015
- couriermail.com.au: Brisbane Roar finally free of Jermone Polenz; prepare to re-enter Ballymore den (Aug. 15, 2016) , accessed October 29, 2016
- Polenz's international debut ( memento from April 29, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ) on dfb.de
- Polenz 'U-19 international debut ( memento from March 12, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) on dfb.de.
- Polenz's only tournament game ( memento from March 12, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) on dfb.de.
- Polenz 'only U-20 international match ( memento from April 29, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ) on dfb.de.
- Jerome Polenz. In: My dream elf. November 16, 2018, accessed June 10, 2019 (German).
- Broich and Polenz take over U15 from Eintracht Frankfurt - "Excellent entry" , transfermarkt.de of March 30, 2020, accessed on July 3, 2020.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German soccer player and coach|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 7, 1986|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||West Berlin , Germany|