Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences
|Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences|
|Sponsorship||private (Kalaidos Education Group Switzerland)|
|place||Zurich (foundation seat) , Bern , Geneva , Lausanne ,|
|Rector Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences Switzerland||René Weber|
The Kalaidos University of Applied Science Switzerland (Kalaidos FH, English Kalaidos University of Applied Science) is one of the nine recognized universities of applied sciences in Switzerland, specializing in economics, law, health and music. It was founded in 1997 and is today the only federally accredited university of applied sciences with private sponsorship. The Kalaidos FH has over 3500 students, around 800 lecturers and over 12,000 successful graduates.
The Kalaidos FH was founded in 1997 as a monodisciplinary university of applied sciences with business courses under the names PHW Private University Business and AKAD University for Working People. On April 6, 2005, the Swiss Federal Council approved the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences Foundation to set up and run the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences. This approval is based on the Federal Act of October 6, 1995 on Universities of Applied Sciences and the Ordinance on Universities of Applied Sciences of September 11, 1996 (FHSV) and, in particular, on the results of a multi-year peer review process in which compliance with the university standards at Kalaidos FH has been checked and confirmed.
In 2013, the Federal Council ordered the federal accreditation of the University of Applied Sciences on the basis of the Law on University Promotion and Coordination that was passed in 2011 and came into force on January 1, 2015. The renewal of the accreditation is due in 2021/2022. The Federal Council has thus confirmed the recognition of the Kalaidos FH as currently the only private university of applied sciences with multiple departments. Recognition as a university of applied sciences means that the Kalaidos FH has the same rights and obligations as the eight state-sponsored universities of applied sciences and must fulfill the fourfold performance mandate (training, further education, research, services).
The Kalaidos FH is checked and supervised by the Swiss Accreditation Council on behalf of the federal government and, as a private university, does not receive any financial subsidies from the state. It belongs to the Kalaidos education group, which has been part of the Klett Group since 2019 . The fourth generation of the German family business was already a minority shareholder in the Kalaidos education group.
Kalaidos FH is a member of Swissuniversities , the rectors' conference of Swiss universities.
All courses in all four faculties are designed in terms of both training and further education so that they can be completed alongside work and family. Full-time courses are not offered.
The business department is the oldest and largest of the four departments and offers Bachelor and Master of Science degree programs (BSc, MSc) in the fields of general business administration, business psychology, business communication, business law, banking & finance, business informatics, environmental economics and digital excellence. on. There are also around 300 further education courses (CAS, DAS, MAS, MBA / EMBA, DBA) as well as advice and services for corporate customers.
In 2006, the WE'G Hochschule Gesundheit was founded as part of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences in Aarau. It has been on the Careum Campus since January 2012. From 2011 to 2019 it was run under the name Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences, Department of Health. In January 2019, it merged with Careum Research, and together they formed the new Careum Health University. The Careum University of Health remains the health department of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences Switzerland. The Careum Foundation and Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences form the sponsorship. Careum University offers courses in nursing at bachelor and master levels as well as numerous further education courses in the field of health. The research area addresses current issues in health care.
The Kalaidos Music Academy was founded in 2011 and operates under the Swiss Academy for Music and Music Education Foundation (SAMP). In the field of music, various bachelor's and master's degrees are offered in the fields of classical music and jazz & pop - both in music performance and music education.
The Kalaidos Law School was founded in 2017 as the fourth department of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences. As the only Swiss university of applied sciences, it offers people with a professional Matura to complete a legal education. This as part of a bachelor's or master's degree in law or in the form of numerous further training courses on topics such as tax, VAT and customs law or compliance.
Kalaidos Research is the central research department of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences and coordinates and accompanies the research activities of the departments. To ensure the exchange between science and practice, Kalaidos Research deals with the planning and implementation of its own research projects and services that are offered on the market and for which third-party funding is acquired.
In addition, internal services such as ensuring the quality of student theses and supporting applied research at the institutes are responsible. The Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences contributes to the communication of scientific content to the public through regular contributions to scientific journals, specialist journals and the media.
The Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences maintains various national and international partnerships for the implementation of joint projects and goals. In the international area these are, for example:
- Accademia dell'Arte Milano, Italy
- Academy for Music Berlin, Germany
- Alice de Boer, Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport - Netherlands Institute for Social Research, Netherlands
- Blackmore's Music Academy, Berlin, Germany
- Brandenburg Technical University (BTU), Department of Work Sciences and Work Psychology, Germany
- Danish Committee for Health Education, Copenhagen, Danmark
- Department of Special Needs Education & Rehabilitation, Germany
- Elizabeth Hanson, Linnaeus University, Department of Health and Caring Sciences, Sweden
- ESCP Business School Berlin, Germany
- Frans van Zoest, Foundation Vilans, Netherlands
- Hua Yi, College of Music, China
- International Performance Academy, Korea
- International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Düsseldorf / Berlin, Germany
- Joseph Joachim Conservatory, Dortmund, Germany
- SME Linz, Austria
- Lecturio GmbH, Germany
- Licia Boccaletti, Not Only Older People Social Cooperative, Italy
- Middlesex University London, UK
- Member of ENNA (European Network - Nursing Academies)
- Member of the VFWG (Association for the Promotion of Science in the Health Professions)
- Music Academy Wuppertal, Germany
- New York University, Stern School of Business, USA
- Patient University, Hannover Medical School, Germany
- PlugandPlay Tech Center, Sunnyvale CA, USA
- Prayner Conservatory, Vienna, Austria
- Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics (UNECON), Russia
- Sara Santini, National Institute of Health and Science on Aging, Italy
- Saul Becker, University of Sussex, UK
- Sciana - The Health Leaders Network, Germany, UK, Switzerland
- Self-Management Resource Center, Palo Alto, USA
- Stecy Yghemonos, Eurocarers, Belgium
- Str8labs GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- University of Oldenburg, Faculty I - School of Educational & Social Sciences, Germany
- University of Vienna, Institute of Nursing Sciences, Austria
- Valentina Hlebec, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences, Slovenia
- Vicky Morgan, Carers Trust, UK
- Vienna Music School, China
- Vienna University of Technology, Department of Public Finance and Infrastructure Policy, Institute of Spatial Planning, Austria
- Website of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences
- Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences Foundation
- Kalaidos educational group
- Klett group
- Careum University of Health
- Careum Foundation
- Kalaidos College of Music
- Kalaidos Law School
- Members. In: www.swissuniversities.ch. swissuniversities, 2019, accessed on August 31, 2019 .
- SR 414.71 Federal Act of 6 October 1995 on Universities of Applied Sciences (University of Applied Sciences Act, FHSG). Retrieved May 28, 2020 .
- Swiss Academy for Music and Music Education - SAMP. Retrieved May 28, 2020 .
- Facts & Figures | Kalaidos FH. Retrieved May 28, 2020 .