Karl Sebastian Flacker
Flacker was already widowed when he married on February 2, 1706 in Glatz. There he ran a sculptor's workshop and probably worked primarily on the design of churches in the County of Glatz . Michael Klahr the Elder was one of his students . Ä. Presumably he also worked with the sculptor Michael Kössler , who was also working in Glatz at the same time . Through his artistic work, Karl Sebastian Flacker is known as the most important sculptor in the Glatzer country.
- For the pilgrimage church Basilica of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary in Albendorf
- 1720: Architectural high altar with the hll. Anna and Joachim on the gates as well as the figures of the church fathers in the niches of the choir and the St. John the Baptist and Elisabeth in the vestibule
- 1723: Altars hll. John of Nepomuk and Antonius
- 1724: Magnificat pulpit with a figure of Mary and the crown with personifications of the four continents
- 1713: St. Anna Altar in the parish church of the Assumption of Mary in Glatz
- 1714: Sandstone sculpture by the patron saint of Glatz, Franz Xaver, for the bridge gate there
- 1730: Main altar of the forest chapel St.-Johannes-Nepomuk south of Lewin
- 1733: sculpture of St. Francis and a crucifix for the chapel on the Albendorfer Berg Tabor
- Erwin Hintze : Flicker . In: Ulrich Thieme (Hrsg.): General Lexicon of Fine Artists from Antiquity to the Present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 12 : Fiori-Fyt . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1916, p. 63 ( Textarchiv - Internet Archive ).
- Arno Herzig , Małgorzata Ruchniewicz : History of the Glatzer Land - from the Middle Ages to the present. Hamburg / Breslau 2006, ISBN 3-934632-12-2 , p. 185.
- Dehio Handbook of Art Monuments in Poland Silesia. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich / Berlin 2005, ISBN 3-422-03109-X .
- Flicker . In: Benezit Dictionary of Artists . Oxford University Press, Oxford 2011, ISBN 978-0-19-989991-3 (English, oxfordartonline.com - beginning of article).
- The medieval stone bridge ( Memento from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) citywalk.info.
|SURNAME||Flicker, Karl Sebastian|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Plague; Plaque; Plackh|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Baroque sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1679|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 22, 1746|
|Place of death||Bald|