|Kujalleq commune (southern commune)|
|the sydlige commune of Kujalleq|
|Geographical location||61 ° 0 ′ 0 ″ N , 45 ° 0 ′ 0 ″ W|
|Post Code||3919 - 3923
(Santa Claus /
|founding||January 1, 2009|
Kujalleq (German Südkommune ) is a Greenlandic community square kilometers with a population of 6,624 people and an area of 32,000. The local government is based in Qaqortoq .
Kujalleq is in the south of Greenland. In the north, the municipality borders on Kommuneqarfik Sermersooq .
The municipality of Kujalleq was founded in the course of the Greenland structural reform, which came into force on January 1, 2009, by amalgamating the previous municipalities of Nanortalik , Narsaq and Qaqortoq .
- 2009–2013: Simon Simonsen
- 2013–2017: Jørgen Wæver Johansen
- since 2017: Kiista P. Isaksen
Description of coat of arms
The coat of arms is divided into silver and red and has a curved shield head in mixed up colors . The horned ram's head facing the viewer also changes colors in the shield.
Coat of arms declaration
The coat of arms designed by Sys Abrahamsen shows a ram's head as a symbol for sheep farming, which is important in South Greenland. The colors and stylized sun above indicate the Greenland flag .
Residents on January 1, 2018, sorted by district:
Qaqortoq District (3257)
- Eqalugaarsuit (100)
- Qaqortoq (3101)
- Qassimiut (22)
- Saarloq (24)
- Upernaviarsuk (10)
Narsaq District (1631)
- Igaliku (37)
- Igaliku Kujalleq (8)
- Narsaq (Nordprøven) (1375)
- Narsarsuaq (124)
- Qassiarsuk (87)
Nanortalik District (1736)
- Aappilattoq (111)
- Alluitsup Paa (219)
- Ammassivik (34)
- Nanortalics (1236)
- Narsarmijit (71)
- Qallimiut (6)
- Qorlortorsuaq (4)
- Tasiusaq (55)
- Kujalleq municipality website (Greenlandic, Danish)
- ↑ Om communes at kujalleq.gl
- ↑ Kujalleq. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on December 4, 2010 ; Retrieved December 23, 2008 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Population figures January 1, 2018 at bank.stat.gl