Lucas Hedges (born December 12, 1996 in Brooklyn , New York City ) is an American actor . He played roles in films such as Labor Day , The Zero Theorem , Grand Budapest Hotel , Kill the Messenger and Manchester by the Sea .
life and career
Lucas Hedges was born the son of writer, screenwriter and film director Peter Hedges (* 1962) and the poet Susan Bruce (Titman). His father gave him his first small film assignment in 2007 as Marlene Lawston's dance partner in his romantic drama Dan - Mitten im Leben! Then in 2012 the boy started acting in earnest. This was followed by roles in Wes Anderson's drama Moonrise Kingdom and in Dante Ariola's film production A great life . 2013 he played in the film Labor Day by Jason Reitman , the role of Richard and director Terry Gilliam gave him the role of Bob in his fantasy drama The Zero Theorem alongside actors like Christoph Waltz , Mélanie Thierry and David Thewlis . The director Wes Anderson gave him a small part again in 2014 in his cinema comedy Grand Budapest Hotel . He was also seen in the 2014 drama Kill the Messenger by Michael Cuesta . In 2016 he played the role of Patrick in Kenneth Lonergan's drama Manchester by the Sea . This earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 2017 .
In addition to his work in film, he also appeared in the prominent television drama The Corrections in 2012 alongside actors such as Maggie Gyllenhaal , Ewan McGregor , Rhys Ifans , Chris Cooper and Dianne Wiest .
- 2007: Dan - in the middle of life! (Dan in Real Life)
- 2012: Moonrise Kingdom
- 2012: A Great Life (Arthur Newman)
- 2012: The Corrections (TV movie)
- 2013: Labor Day
- 2013: The Zero Theorem
- 2014: Grand Budapest Hotel (The Grand Budapest Hotel)
- 2014: Kill the Messenger
- 2015: The Slap (TV series, 8 episodes)
- 2015: Anesthesia
- 2016: Manchester by the Sea
- 2017: Lady Bird
- 2017: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- 2018: The Prodigal Son (Boy Erased)
- 2018: Mid90s
- 2018: Ben is Back
- 2019: Honey Boy
- 2019: Waves
- 2017 : Nomination for the Rising Star Award
- 2017 : Nomination for Best Supporting Actor (Manchester by the Sea)
- 2017: Nomination as a member of the best acting company in a film (Manchester by the Sea)
- 2016: Award for Best Young Actor (Manchester by the Sea)
- Peter Hedges (Ed.): Baby Anger . Dramatists Play Service, Inc., 1999, ISBN 978-0-8222-1637-7 , pp. 3 ( limited preview in Google Book Search).
- Sarah Kaufman: Lucas Hedges, Born and Raised in Brooklyn Heights, Gets Buzz for Role in 'Manchester by the Sea' . In: Patch.com . December 30, 2016. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Class of 2017". Accessed June 30, 2017. http://www.app.oscars.org/class2017/ .
- Jack Shepherd: Baftas 2017: Tom Holland, Ruth Negga, and Anya Taylor-Joy amongst nominees for Rising Star award In: independent.co.uk, January 5, 2017.
- Tracy Brown: Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations 2017: Complete list of nominees In: Los Angeles Times, December 14, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||US-American actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 12, 1996|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York City , New York, United States|