Manfred Kaufmann (doctor)
Manfred Kaufmann (born October 8, 1946 in Crailsheim ) is a German gynecologist , obstetrician and senologist .
Live and act
Kaufmann studied medicine from 1966 to 1969 at the University of Erlangen and from 1969 to 1971 at the University of Heidelberg . In 1971 he received his doctorate there . From 1973 to 1975 Kaufmann worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Cell Biology of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg . In 1981 he became a specialist in gynecology at the University Women's Clinic in Heidelberg. There he received his habilitation in 1983 and was appointed senior physician . Study visits took him to the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York and to the Mayo Clinic Rochester . From 1988 he was Deputy Director of the Heidelberg University Women's Clinic, where he worked until 1995. This year Manfred Kaufmann was appointed to the chair for gynecology and obstetrics at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . Until his retirement, at the end of March 2012, he headed the university women's clinic there. Sven Becker was his successor .
In 1995 Kaufmann founded the “Awareness Campaign for Breast Cancer” and became its chairman. From 1997 to 2001 he was Vice Dean of the Medical Faculty. Since 2004 he has been a board member of the Russian-German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics and was a board member of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics . From 2004 to 2006 he headed the Gynecological Oncology Working Group (AGO) as chairman and was President of the German Cancer Society at the 2008 German Cancer Congress .
Manfred Kaufmann is a member of numerous German and international societies:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- FIGO (Int. Federation for Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Advisory Panel on Breast Health Care
- Working Group Gynecological Oncology (AGO)
- German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG)
- German Cancer Society
- European Society of Mastology (EUSOMA) (Member of the working party "The requirements of a specialist breast unit in Europe", Study Group Chairman (1994-2000))
- German Society for Senology
- AIDS - Enlightenment eV, Frankfurt am Main
- Hessian Cancer Society
- European initiative "Caring about Woman and Cancer" (chairman in Germany 1997–1999)
- "Breast Cancer Awareness" campaign (President since 1995)
- Steering Committee of the Breast Cancer International Research Group (BCIRG)
- IBIS - High Genetic Risk Steering Group
- German Adjuvant Breast Cancer Group (GABG)
- Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Working Group (IMA) of the German Cancer Society
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Ingrid zu Solms Foundation Science Prize
- President "Alumni" Medicine, JW Goethe University Frankfurt (from 2003)
- City Forum Pro Frankfurt, Frankfurt (since 2004)
- Steering Committee - Institute for Medical and Pharmaceutical Examination Questions (IMPP), Mainz
- International panel member of the Consensus Conference St. Gallen
- Steering Committee - Early Breast Cancer Trialist 'Group (EBCTG) Oxford (since 2005)
- Society of Pelvic Surgeons , USA
Manfred Kaufmann is co-editor of the journals Obstetrics and Frauenheilkunde, The Breast , Gynäkologische Praxis, Gyn-Spektrum, Breast Cancer, Journal of the Japanese Breast Cancer Society, American Journal of Cancer and European Journal of Cancer . He is the author and co-author of over 450 scientific publications and 29 books.
- Manfred Kaufmann: Methodological requirements and results of a sensitivity test in human tumors. Dissertation , Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg , 1971, DNB 720381282 .
- Manfred Kaufmann: Characterization and prognosis of primary breast cancer. Habilitation thesis , Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg , 1982, DNB 910175136 .
- Manfred Kaufmann (Ed.): New ways of an outpatient cancer therapy based on quality of life. Zuckschwerdt-Verlag, Munich 1989, ISBN 3-88603-304-X .
- Manfred Kaufmann, Serban D. Costa, Anton Scharl (Ed.): The gynecology. With 208 tables. Springer-Verlag, Berlin a. a. 2003, ISBN 3-540-66705-9 .
- Manfred Kaufmann, Sibylle Loibl: Breast cancer: 100 questions - 100 answers. Urban and Vogel, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-89935-210-6 .
- Ismail Jatoi, Manfred Kaufmann, Jean Y. Petit (Eds.): Atlas of breast surgery. Springer-Verlag, Berlin 2005, ISBN 3-540-24351-8 .
- Manfred Kaufmann, Ismail Jatoi, Jean Y. Petit (ed.): Atlas of breast surgery. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg 2008, ISBN 978-3-540-48881-1 .
- Meinert Breckwoldt, Manfred Kaufmann, Albrecht Pfleiderer (eds.): Gynecology and obstetrics. 117 tables. 5th update and revised Edition Thieme-Verlag, Stuttgart 2007, ISBN 978-3-13-118905-9 .
- Manfred Kaufmann, Sibylle Loibl, Christine Solbach: Breast Cancer: Knowing, Deciding, Living. 3rd, update and new edition. Hirzel Verlag, Stuttgart 2010, ISBN 978-3-7776-1627-8 .
- Johann Georg Zimmermann Prize for Cancer Research, Hanover (1983)
- Johann Georg Zimmermann Prize for Cancer Research, Hanover (1988)
- Gerhard Domagk Science Award, University of Münster (1989)
- German Cancer Prize (Clinical Part) (1992)
- Wilhelm Warner Prize for Cancer Research (together with Walter Jonat ) (2007)
- Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2011)
- Karl Heinrich Bauer Medal (2011)
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Kaufmann (biography). (No longer available online.) Formerly in the original ; Retrieved March 5, 2017 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives )
- Team Kaufmann ( memento from September 27, 2009 in the Internet Archive ). In: 126.96.36.199/zfg/, accessed on March 5, 2017 (information from the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main )
- Press releases ( memento of January 5, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ). In: hessen.de. Hessian Ministry of the Interior and Sport , accessed on March 5, 2017
- ↑ Duties and Offices. In: Deutsches Ärzteblatt . 2012, 109 (42), pp. A-2095 / B-1707 / C-1675.
- ^ Johannes Eisenberg, Press and Public Relations, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt a. M .: Federal Cross of Merit for Frankfurt University Physicians ( Memento from July 9, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ). In: idw-online.de. January 20, 2011, accessed March 5, 2017.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German gynecologist and obstetrician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 8, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Crailsheim|