Live and act
Petrescu, who comes from a family of musicians, has been playing the piano since he was four. He moved to Sweden in the 1980s, where he attended the Stockholm Conservatory. Then he continued his studies at the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki.
He has been active in the jazz scene since he was 15 years old when he performed with Pori Jazz . He worked with Antti Sarpila , James Morrison , Arturo Sandoval , Toots Thielemans , Al Jarreau , Didier Lockwood , Jon Larsen , Richie Beirach , Tony Williams , Ulf Wakenius , Ray Charles Band , Lars Danielsson , Riccardo Del Fra , Ron McClure and the Hot Club de Norvège . He performed at festivals such as the Jazz Baltica , the Montreux Jazz Festival and the North Sea Jazz Festival .
Prizes and awards
Petrescu won first prize at the Bucharest Jazz Festival (1992); at the Martial Solal Jazz Piano Competition (1989) he was awarded second prize. In 2010 he received a Grammy Award with the Resonance Big Band for the interpretation of an arrangement by Bill Cunliffe .
- 1986: Pianist (Kompass Records)
- 2006: Body and Soul (Hot Club Records)
- 2009: Resonance Big Band Pays Tribute to Oscar Peterson ( Resonance Records )
- 2010: Marian Petrescu Quartet with Andreas Öberg : Thrivin '- Live at Jazz Standard (Resonance Records)
- Thrivin ' (Review, All About Jazz)
- Marian Petrescu Trio deschide programul Jazz at breakfast la Istanbul. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Concours internationaux de la Ville de Paris. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Zilele Culturii Române la Helsinki. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Bill Cunliff Wins Grammy Award. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Review ( All About Jazz )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Romanian jazz pianist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 25, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bucharest|