Mark Monheim comes from the Aachen entrepreneurial family Monheim and is the son of the transport scientist and emeritus professor of the University of Trier , Heiner Monheim . The emeritus geography professor at the University of Bayreuth , Rolf Monheim and the organist Johannes Geffert are his uncles. His great-great-grandfather was the chocolate manufacturer Leonard Monheim , the brother of the chemist Viktor Monheim . These were both sons of the pharmacist and scientist Johann Peter Joseph Monheim .
Monheim grew up in his native city of Bonn. After graduating from high school, he went to Munich, where he completed his community service at the Hauner Children's Hospital and successfully applied to the Munich University of Television and Film in 1998 . As part of his studies in directing in "Department IV - Documentary and TV Journalism", award-winning short documentary and scenic films were made; for his diploma film At the age of sixteen I'm gone , he received the First Steps Award in 2008 .
Monheim is married and has two children. He lives in Berlin .
- 1999: Michelle (short film)
- 2001: Alban Faust (short film)
- 2002: Hass Mich (short film)
- 2005: The Black Man (short film)
- 2008: I'm gone at sixteen (short film)
- 2014: About a Girl (film) (feature film) screenplay & director
- 2016: Fanny and the Stolen Woman (feature film) director
- 2016: Tatort: Corrosive script
- 2018: Tatort: Déjà-vu script
- 2018: Alles Isy (TV film), screenplay & direction with Max Eipp
- 2019: My Mother's Girlfriend (TV Movie) Director
- 2019: Tatort: Nemesis Screenplay
- 2019: Wir sind die Welle (series) Directed by
three episodes: What do we do next? (Episode 3), you destroy everything! (Episode 4) and There's No Other Way (Episode 6)
- 1999: Nomination for the German Short Film Award for Michelle
- 1999: Rating "particularly valuable" by the German Film and Media Assessment (FBW) for Michelle
- 2001: Main prize of the International Short Film Festival Winterthur for Michelle
- 2001: Predicate "valuable" by the German Film and Media Assessment (FBW) for Alban Faust
- 2008: AOF - Action On Film International Film Festival, Pasadena, USA 2008 - Best Foreign Film - Short for I'm gone at sixteen
- 2008: First Steps Award - feature films up to 60 minutes for I'm gone at sixteen
- 2008: Particularly valuable thanks to the German Film and Media Assessment (FBW) and Short Film of the Month for February for At sixteen I'm gone
- 2013: Emder Screenplay Award, Internationales Filmfest Emden-Norderney for About a Girl
- 2014: Nomination for the New German Cinema Award , Hof International Film Festival 2014 for About a Girl
- 2014: Young Audience Award “Enfants Terribles”, Gijón International Film Festival 2014 for About a Girl
- 2014: "Particularly valuable" rating from the German Film and Media Assessment (FBW) for About a Girl
- 2014: Double nomination for the Emden Screenplay Award, Internationales Filmfest Emden-Norderney with the scripts Alles Isy and Lucky Luusen
- 2015: Mention spéciale, Festival International Ciné-Jeune de l'Aisne 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: LEO for the best film in the children's and youth film competition, Filmkunstfest Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: Bernhard Wicki Prize, Emden-Norderney International Film Festival 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: NDR film award for young talent, Internationales Filmfest Emden-Norderney 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: Nomination for the Creative Energy Award, Internationales Filmfest Emden-Norderney 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: ECFA Award (European Children's Film Association), International Children's Film Festival LUCAS 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: Prize of the student jury 10+, Kinofest Lünen 2015 for About a Girl
- 2015: Nomination for the German Film Critics' Prize 2015 in the category Best Feature Film Debut for About a Girl
- 2015: Nomination for the German Audio Film Award 2016 in the cinema category for the audio description of About a Girl spoken by Katja Schild
- 2017: Nomination for the Emden Screenplay Award, Internationales Filmfest Emden-Norderney with the screenplay Nazi Safari
- 2018: ZOOM Award - Best Screenplay, ZOOM Festival - International TV & Formats, Igualada - Barcelona 2018 for Alles Isy
- 2019: Nomination for the Grimme Prize with Alles Isy
- 2019: Bavarian TV Award (Best Director) with Alles Isy
- 2020: Nomination for the Grimme Prize with Wir sind die Welle (in the children and youth category )
- Mark Monheim in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Mark Monheim at Crew United
- Mark Monheim at filmportal.de
- Mark Monheim agency profile
- Mark Monheim's website
- Michelle on undinesyndrom.de
- Profile on the website of the University of Television and Film Munich
- Brief description on the First Steps Awards website, accessed on February 3, 2018
- series for "Alles Isy": The Bavarian TV Prize 2019 for Best Director goes to Mark Monheim & Max Eipp / Maren Kroymann wins for "Kroymann" in the entertainment category. Retrieved May 25, 2019 .
- Nominations - Grimme Prize. Retrieved February 11, 2019 .
- The Wave, TV Series, 2019 | Crew United. Retrieved March 13, 2019 .
- "Hacker Ville" meets "About a Girl": Netflix hits directorial choices for "The Wave". February 5, 2019, accessed February 11, 2019 .
- Glenn Riedmeier: "We are the wave": start date for the next German Netflix series. Retrieved October 1, 2019 .
- Agency profile on la-gente-agentur.de, (PDF)
- We are the Wave (TV Series 2019–) - IMDb. Retrieved October 13, 2019 .
- Crew United website
- Michelle on fbw-filmb Bewertung.com
- Short film festival website
- Alban Faust on fbw-filmb Bewertung.com
- When I was sixteen I left , FBW website
- filmfest-emden.ictourismus.de ( Memento of the original from January 22, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Previous winners. Retrieved November 25, 2018 .
- filmland-mv.de ( Memento of the original from May 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- vdfk.de ( Memento of the original from January 19, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- About a girl in the Hörfilm database of Hörfilm e. V.
- Previous winners. Retrieved November 25, 2018 .
- Regió7: El Festival Zoom premia un film sobre refugiats . ( regio7.cat [accessed November 25, 2018]).
- Grimme Prize: "How to sell drugs online (fast)" and "Skylines" are nominated. In: Der Spiegel. Retrieved May 8, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German director and screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 24, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn , North Rhine-Westphalia|