Meinhard von Kranichfeld
Meinhard came from the Lords of Kranichfeld . He began his career as a monk in the Walkenried monastery and then became provost at Halberstadt Cathedral . In 1241 he was ordained a bishop. He expanded the Bonifatius Abbey in front of Halberstadt in 1241 by adding two properties. One of the feuds in which he was involved was the dispute with Heinrich von Blankenburg over the bailiwick over the Huysburg monastery .
In 1244 he supported the Archbishop of Magdeburg in his feuds with the Margraves of Brandenburg and Otto the Child by besieging Alvensleben Castle with the support of the Counts of Wernigerode , the Lords of Gatersleben and Schladen and others . In the following year he stipulated that the clergyman of Alvensleben Castle was subject to the abbot of Hillersleben monastery . In the same year he ordered the transfer of the Walbeck Abbey to Osterwieck due to repeated attacks , but this was not carried out after a comparison with the Mariental Monastery . In that year he also clarified the church relationships between Melverode , Stöckheim and the Steterburg monastery .
In 1247 he testified that Otto the child had exchanged the fiefdom Bilshausen on the Leine for Ellierode with the Gandersheim monastery . Pope Innocent IV intervened in Meinhard's episcopal jurisdiction in 1249 when he took the Stötterlingenburg monastery under protection, confirmed the possession of the Anderbeck church to the Marienberg monastery and recommended Wilhelm of Holland to the Liebfrauenstift . He exchanged the Hakenstedt Castle in 1251 for the Emersleben Castle owned by von Alvensleben . Meinhard was the last of the bishops of Halberstadt who still owned the county of Seehausen alongside other counties during his full term of office . St. Burchardi Monastery or St. Jacobi Monastery is believed to be his burial place .
- Friedrich Wilhelm Ebeling: The German bishops until the end of the sixteenth century. Volume 1, p. 460 ( digitized version )
- Ludwig Ferdinand Niemann: History of the former bishopric and current principality. Volume 1, p. 355 ( digitized version )
- Hermann Adolf Lüntzel : The older diocese of Hildesheim. P. 13 ( digitized version )
- Ernst Heinrich Kneschke : New general German nobility lexicon , 5th volume. Leipzig 1864, p. 266 ( digitized version )
- Leopold Karl Wilhelm August Ledebur: General archive for the history of the Prussian state. Volume 6, p. 129 ( digitized version )
|Ludolf I. von Schladen||
Bishop of Halberstadt
|Ludolf II of Schladen|
|SURNAME||Meinhard von Kranichfeld|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Meinard von Kranichfeld|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bishop of Halberstadt|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1200|
|DATE OF DEATH||1253|