Richard Anton Nikolaus Carron du Val
Richard Anton Nikolaus Carron du Val (born March 19, 1793 in Rain ; † December 29, 1846 in Augsburg ) was a German lawyer and from 1834 to 1846 the first legally qualified mayor of the city of Augsburg.
life and work
Carron du Val was born in Rain as the son of a town clerk who later became a district judge in Friedberg. Carron du Val attended grammar school in Munich until 1809 and then began studying law and political science at the University of Landshut . He became a member of the Corps Bavaria Landshut . In 1813 he obtained his doctorate in both rights and passed the state examination in 1814. Subsequently, from 1815 to 1816 he was head of the ruling courts, first in Mering and then from 1816 to 1819 in Affing . From 1819 to 1829 he was a member of the council at the district and city court in Augsburg, where he was mainly entrusted with the creation of the mortgage books. He then worked at various courts in Ansbach and Neuburg until 1835.
On February 20, 1835, after initial reluctance, he was elected almost unanimously by the local authority as the first legally qualified mayor of Augsburg. In this function he was particularly committed to promoting Augsburg as an industrial location. Among other things, Carron du Val strongly advocated the construction of a railway from Augsburg to Munich and tried to convince the Bavarian king of this idea at an early stage. In the end, his efforts were crowned with success, as the Bavarian king granted permission for construction on November 28, 1835 and the railway line was officially opened on October 4, 1840 after several years of construction.
Before the revolutionary years of 1847/1848, du Val played a special role through moral courage within the arguments of the Augsburg city parties with echo even in the state parliament.
The city of Augsburg honors him by naming Carron-du-Val-Straße (north of the Botanical Garden).
His bust by the sculptor Max von Widnmann is on the Catholic cemetery in Augsburg .
- Joseph Abbt , “Speech at the grave of the High Born Titl. Dr. Heinrich Richard Nicolaus Carron du Val, 1st Mayor here ”, Augsburg 1847.
- Harald Johannes Mann in "Look up". Contributions to the history and culture of the city of Rain and its environs , No. 33, December 1990.
- Günther Grünsteudel , Günter Hägele, Rudolf Frankenberger (eds.): Augsburger Stadtlexikon. 2nd Edition. Perlach, Augsburg 1998, ISBN 3-922769-28-4 , p. ( online ).
- Reiner Zeeb: A memorial for Mayor Carron du Val - 1848. In: Journal of the Historical Association for Swabia 99, 2006.
- Reiner Zeeb: Image rhetoric and civic emancipation in the Augsburg tomb , Munich 2011.
- ↑ In the baptism entry in the register of the Catholic parish of Rain, only the first names “Anton Nikolaus” are entered, in the Augsburg family record the first names “Heinrich Richard Nikolaus” are mentioned.
- ↑ The family originally owned goods near Toul in Lorraine , which they lost in the political storms in 1680. Then she emigrated to Amberg .
- ^ Max Leitschuh: The matriculations of the upper classes of the Wilhelmsgymnasium in Munich , 4 volumes, Munich 1970–1976; Volume 3, p. 232.
- ↑ Kösener corps lists 1910, 170 , 20.
- ↑ Walther Zeitler, Helge Hufschläger: The railway in Swabia . Motorbuch Verlag, Stuttgart, 1980, ISBN 3-87943-761-0 , page 9.
|SURNAME||Carron du Val, Richard Anton Nikolaus|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Mayor of the City of Augsburg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 19, 1793|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rain|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 29, 1846|
|Place of death||augsburg|