Calendar overview 1793
|"Citizen Louis Capet" is executed on the guillotine .|
|time of terror begins in revolutionary France .||Marat is stabbed to death by Charlotte Corday in the bathroom.|
|1793 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1241/42 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1785/86 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1198/99 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2336/37 (southern Buddhism); 2335/36 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||74th (75th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1155/56 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4126/27 (October 2/3)|
|French revolutionary calendar||Year I./II. of the Republic (September 21/22)|
|Islamic calendar||1207/08 (turn of the year 8/9 August)|
|Jewish calendar||5553/54 (September 6-7)|
|Coptic calendar||1509/10 (September 10/11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2103/04 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2104/05 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1849/50 (April)|
Politics and world events
- January 21 : The former King Louis XVI. of France is being executed by guillotine .
- January 31st : With France declaring war on Great Britain and the Netherlands , the First Coalition War expands .
- January 31 : The royalist aligned County of Nice is after the successful invasion of French revolutionary troops of France annexed . The Alpes-Maritimes department emerges.
- February 1 : Expansion of the First Coalition War against the French Republic. Great Britain enters the war as an ally of the Austro - Prussian coalition against France .
- February 22nd to 25th : In the battle near La Maddalena units of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont repel an invasion of French revolutionary troops in Sardinia .
- March 1st : In the first battle near Aldenhoven , Austria triumphs over the French army and recaptures Aachen the next day .
- March 10th : During the French Revolution , the Revolutionary Tribunal is founded, whose judgments can no longer be appealed. Antoine Quentin Fouquier-Tinville is named public prosecutor. From a legal historical point of view, a third power emerges from this, the modern judiciary .
- March 11 : In the Vendée department , citizens protest against the recruiting of recruits . The conflict escalates into a civil war .
- March 18 : Foundation of the Republic of Mainz in the Deutschhaus Mainz
- March 18 : Austria under Friedrich Josias von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld expels the French under Charles-François Dumouriez from the Austrian Netherlands in the Battle of Neerwind during the First Coalition War .
- April 6th : During the French Revolution , the Welfare Committee is set up, chaired by Georges Danton .
- May 4th : The French Welfare Committee sets a maximum price for grain in the Small Maximum Act in order to counteract a supply crisis.
- May 31 : The Parisian sans-culottes uprising leads to the overthrow of the Girondins .
- June 2nd : The Jacobin dictatorship during the French Revolution begins with the siege of the National Convention by the National Guard and the raging against the Girondins.
- June 24th : The National Convention adopts the first republican constitution of France. The constitution, essentially conceived by Marie-Jean Hérault de Séchelles , Georges Couthon and Louis Antoine de Saint-Just , is considered to be extremely democratic. But although it is passed by a large majority in a referendum on August 10 , it never comes into force.
- July 13th : Marat is murdered in the bathroom by Charlotte Corday .
- July 17 : The day after the national funeral for her victim Jean Paul Marat , Charlotte Corday is executed on the scaffold .
- July 23 : The Republic of Mainz ends with the surrender to the Prussian siege troops .
- July 27 : Maximilien de Robespierre chairs the Welfare Committee in France .
- July 31 : At the suggestion of Bertrand Barère, the National Convention decides to plunder the royal tombs of Saint-Denis .
- August 1st : Marie Antoinette , who had previously been imprisoned in the Temple , is transferred to the conciergerie .
- August 6th : During the French Revolution , the desecration of the tombs of French rulers in the Paris basilica of Saint-Denis begins . Over a period of several weeks, the corpses are removed from the coffins and buried in a mass grave. Bones are also said to be thrown into the Seine .
- 23 August : The French National Convention orders the introduction of compulsory military service ( Levée en masse ).
- August 28 : During the French Revolution, the French naval port of Toulon opens to the allies of the First Coalition War after negotiations between leading citizens and royalist-minded naval officers . The decision resulted in the siege of the city .
- September 8th : In the Battle of Hondschoote , the French win over a coalition army made up of British, Electoral Hanoverian and Austrian units.
- September 14th : In the battle of Pirmasens , the French army on the Moselle suffer a heavy defeat against Prussia .
- September 17th : In France, the Jacobin dictatorship approves the law on suspects , which becomes the legal basis for the reign of terror under Maximilien de Robespierre .
- September 17 : At Rheinweiler and Hüningen the Austrian army prevents the French revolutionary army from crossing the Rhine .
- September 29 : Economic hardship and the pressure of starving sans-culottes cause the National Convention to pass the Great Maximum Law in the French Revolution . It sets maximum prices for daily necessities.
- October 5 : The French National Convention decides to retroactively change the counting of days and months in the existing revolution calendar.
- October 10th : During the reign of terror in the French Revolution , the Welfare Committee was granted unlimited powers.
- October 16 : Marie Antoinette , wife of King Louis XVI, is guillotined .
- After the death of his two parents, Louis Charles de Bourbon, dauphin de Viennois , becomes Louis XVII for the royalists. was placed in the care of the shoemaker Antoine Simon, who was given the task of “raising the heir to the throne , who was still imprisoned in the Temple , to be a good citizen” .
- October 16 : The victory of the French revolutionary army in the Battle of Wattignies forces the imperial commander Friedrich Josias of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld to break off the siege of Maubeuge in the First Coalition War . He briefly retreats to the Austrian Netherlands with the Imperial Army .
- October 31 : In Paris, 21 Girondins were guillotined a week earlier after a show trial before the Revolutionary Tribunal .
- November 12 : Jean-Sylvain Bailly , former First Mayor of Paris and temporary President of the National Assembly , is guillotine . The astronomer was sentenced to death the day before on the grounds that he was a friend of the king and violent oppressor of the freedom of the people .
- November 24th : In France , the modified revolutionary calendar comes into effect retrospectively from September 22nd 1792 , the day the monarchy was abolished . Today's date is thus the 4th Frimaire II .
- December 12th : An army of the French army, under the command of François Séverin Marceau , defeats an army of 15,000 people who took part in the Vendée uprising at Le Mans .
- December 18 : War of the First Coalition : The French Revolutionary Army captures the British-held “Mulgrave” fort during the siege of Toulon . The artillery captain Napoleon Bonaparte developed the plan of attack . The fall of this defensive position forces the British to relocate their troops from the long besieged port city.
- December 19 : The French Revolutionary Army recaptures Toulon , which had previously been occupied by the British .
- December 22nd : The artillery captain Napoleon Bonaparte, who was involved in the retaking of the British-occupied Toulon , is promoted to brigadier general.
- 23 December : French Revolution : An army of royalist supporters is destroyed in the Battle of Savenay by the Republican Revolutionary Army under Jean-Baptiste Kléber during the Vendée uprising .
- January 23 : Prussia and Russia sign a treaty for the second partition of Poland , with which the territory of the kingdom is again reduced by more than half after 1772 .
- November 23 : The Sejm in Grodno comes to an end in the New Palace there. It is the last parliament of Poland-Lithuania , which is under Russian pressure and has to accept the second partition of Poland .
United States of America
- September 18 : George Washington lays the foundation stone for the Capitol , later the seat of the United States Congress .
- Litigation Chisholm v. Georgia
- July 26 : The hoarding of food is in France of the Jacobins prohibited by law. The population wanted to counteract the loss of the assignats' monetary value .
- December 5th : The French revolutionary Camille Desmoulins publishes the first edition of his newspaper Le Vieux Cordelier .
science and technology
- January 9 : The Frenchman Jean-Pierre Blanchard takes off in Philadelphia in the presence of George Washington for the first balloon flight on the American continent.
- March 4 : Wilhelm Herschel observes the galaxy NGC 2997 in the constellation Air Pump .
- April 6 : In the constellation Dragon William Herschel discovered today as NGC 4236 led barred spiral galaxy .
- April 7th : Wilhelm Herschel sees the galaxy NGC 3879 in the constellation Dragon .
- May 12 : Wilhelm Herschel finds the galaxy NGC 5652 in the constellation Virgo .
- May 13th : Wilhelm Herschel discovered the galaxy NGC 5258 in the constellation Virgo.
- June 10 : In Paris, the natural history Muséum national d'histoire naturelle opens in the Jardin des Plantes .
- August 1st : France introduces the metric system by decision of the National Convention .
- With the invention of the egrenier machine , short-staple cotton becomes an economically viable product. The invention is attributed to Eli Whitney .
- March 11 : The first performance of the opera Eugène ou La Piété filial of Henri Montan Berton takes place at the Opéra-Comique in Paris.
- July 28th : Destruction of Carlsberg Castle near Homburg
- July 30th : The Teatro Nacional de São Carlos in Lisbon , built by José da Costa e Silva , is completed.
- August 1st : The French National Convention sanctions the looting of the royal tombs of Saint-Denis in order to extract the precious metals they contain. As a result, the most valuable art treasures are destroyed.
- August 8 : The French National Convention bans all royal academies for the advancement of the arts.
- August 10 : The former royal palace Louvre in Paris opens as a museum.
- Jacques-Louis David paints the painting The Death of Marat .
- The Quadriga is placed on the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin .
Society and sport
- September 21 : With the opening of a bathhouse , Heiligendamm becomes the first German seaside resort .
- Johann Christoph Friedrich GutsMuths publishes the work Gymnastik für die Jugend . It is the first textbook for physical education that combines theory and practice. The work has been very well received and is translated into many other languages worldwide.
- November 10th : The " Goddess of Reason " is solemnly propagated as the highest supernatural being in the Paris Notre Dame Cathedral .
- October 7th : In Reims , the deputy Philippe Rühl publicly destroys the sacred ampoule after a previous decision by the National Convention . With chrism from this glass bottle, French kings have been anointed since 1131 .
- Thousands of people are killed in a yellow fever outbreak in Philadelphia . The American government is forced to leave the city.
- January 3 : Bartolomeo Bosco , Italian magician († 1863 )
- January 3 : Lucretia Mott , American abolitionist and suffragette († 1880 )
- January 8 : Heinrich Gottlieb Ludwig Reichenbach , German natural scientist († 1879 )
- January 8 : Adolf Heinrich Schletter , silk merchant, consul and benefactor († 1853 )
- January 11 : Franz von Duesberg , German lawyer and politician († 1872 )
- January 11 : Cave Johnson , American politician († 1866 )
- January 11 : Johanna Stegen , Prussian patriot († 1842 )
- January 15 : Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller , painter and art writer († 1865 )
- January 19 : Karl Wilhelm Göttling , German classical philologist († 1869 )
- January 20 : Carl Heinrich Georg von Heyden , German politician and entomologist († 1866 )
- January 26 : Georg Merz , German optician and astronomer († 1867 )
- February 10 : Jean Claude Eugène Péclet , French physicist († 1857 )
- February 13 : Philipp Veit , German painter († 1877 )
- February 22 : Friedrich Harkort , German entrepreneur and politician († 1880 )
- March 2 : Sam Houston , American politician and general († 1863 )
- March 3 : Charles Sealsfield , Moravian writer († 1864 )
- March 4 : Karl Lachmann , German philologist († 1851 )
- March 4 : Karl Wünsch , German lawyer († 1837 )
- March 6 : Wilhelm August Friedrich Genßler , German Protestant clergyman († 1858 )
- March 6 : Bernhard Klein , German composer († 1832 )
- March 7th : Josef Axmann , Austrian engraver († 1873 )
- March 12 : Eduard von Bonin , Prussian general († 1865 )
- March 28 : Henry Rowe Schoolcraft , American explorer and ethnologist († 1864 )
- March 30 : Juan Manuel de Rosas , Argentine dictator († 1877 )
- April 8 : Karl Ludwig Hencke , German amateur astronomer († 1866 )
- April 8 : Karl Zell , German classical philologist and politician († 1873 )
- April 15 : Friedrich Georg Wilhelm Struve , German astronomer who worked in Russia († 1864 )
- April 19 : Ferdinand I , Austrian Emperor († 1875 )
- April 24 : Karl Seydelmann , German actor († 1843 )
- April 26 : Nicolas Changarnier , French general († 1877 )
- April 26 : Bernhard Thiersch , grammar school teacher and the poet of the Prussian song († 1855 )
- April 27 : Peleg Sprague , American lawyer and politician († 1880 )
- April 29 : Thomas King Carroll , American politician († 1873 )
- Thomas Addison , English medic († 1860 ) April:
- May 9 : Johannes Cornelis de Jonge , Dutch historian († 1853 )
- May 13 : Samuel S. Phelps , American politician († 1855 )
- May 17 : Dominikus Kuenzer , Catholic priest († 1853 )
- May 21 : Paul de Kock , French writer († 1871 )
- May 24 : Edward Hitchcock , American geologist († 1864 )
- May 31 : Charles Vignoles , British railway engineer († 1875 )
- June 1 : Henry Francis Lyte , Scottish Anglican theologian and hymn poet († 1847 )
- June 2 : Jakob Josef Eeckhout , Belgian painter and lithographer († 1861 )
- June 3 : Antoni Malczewski , Polish poet († 1826 )
- June 6 : Peter Friedrich Engstfeld , organist and hymn poet († 1848 )
- June 15 : Mariano Egaña Fabres , Chilean President († 1846 )
- June 16 : Maria Salesia Chappuis , Swiss nun († 1875 )
- June 20 : Aleksander Fredro , Polish playwright († 1876 )
- June 22nd : Tokugawa Ieyoshi , Japanese Shogun († 1853 )
- June 28 : Georg Friedrich Schömann , German classical philologist († 1879 )
- June 29th : Josef Ressel , Austrian forest clerk and inventor († 1857 )
- July 4 : Franz Pecháček , Austro-German composer († 1840 )
- July 5 : Pawel Ivanovich Pestel , Russian revolutionary († 1826 )
- July 7 : Wilhelm Birett , German bookseller († 1837)
- July 9 : Charles James McDonald , American politician, Governor of Georgia († 1860 )
- July 10 : Johann Christian Friedrich Heyer , German-American missionary († 1873 )
- July 12 : Agostino Codazzi , Italian military, geographer and cartographer († 1859 )
- July 13 : John Clare , English nature poet († 1864 )
- July 14 : George Green , British mathematician and physicist († 1841 )
- July 18 : Franz Dorotheus Gerlach , German classical philologist and ancient historian († 1876 )
- July 18 : Maria Caroline Gibert de Lametz , Princess of Monaco († 1879 )
- July 22nd : Eugène Walckiers , French flautist and composer († 1866 )
- July 29 : Jan Kollár , Slovak poet, antiquarian and linguist († 1852 )
- August 5 : Henry William Connor , American politician († 1866 )
- August 10 : August Neithardt , German composer († 1861 )
- August 11 : Samuel Birmann , Romantic landscape painter († 1847 )
- August 11 : Hans Christian Petersen , Norwegian lawyer and member of the government († 1862)
- August 14 : Baruch Auerbach , German educator († 1864 )
- August 18 : Auguste , Princess of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt († 1854 )
- August 21 : Dorothea von Biron , Duchess of Sagan, Princess of Courland and Semigallia, Duchess of Dino († 1862 )
- August 24 : William Macnaghten , British civil servant and diplomat († 1841 )
- August 25 : Nathanael G. Pendleton , American politician († 1861 )
- August 25 : Martin Rathke , German anatomist, embryologist and zoologist († 1860 )
- August 29 : Josef Naus , officer and surveyor († 1871 )
- September 11 : Christian Gottfried Lorsch , Mayor of Nuremberg († 1830 )
- September 17 : Johann Valentin Adrian , German neophilologist and librarian († 1864 )
- September 17 : Carl Heinrich Arnold , German wallpaper manufacturer († 1874 )
- September 19 : Johan Herman Mankel , Swedish organist, composer and music teacher († 1835 )
- September 23 : Friedrich Glück , pastor and composer († 1840 )
- September 24 : David Nelson , American author, clergyman and abolitionist († 1844 )
- September 27 : Denis Auguste Affre , Archbishop of Paris († 1848 )
- September 27 : Carl Albrecht Reinhold Baggesen , Swiss pastor († 1873 )
- September 27 : Ernst Wilhelm Bernhard Eiselen , German teacher and writer († 1846 )
- October 18 : Ernst Christian Gottlieb Jens Reinhold , German philosopher († 1855 )
- October 25 : Jean Massin , French composer († unknown)
- October 25 : William Duhurst Merrick , American politician († 1857 )
- October 25 : Friedrich Bernhard Gottfried Nicolai , astronomer († 1846 )
- October 31 : James Dunlop , Scottish astronomer († 1848 )
- November 3 : Stephen F. Austin , founder of the Republic of Texas († 1836 )
- November 3 : Thomas Ender , landscape painter († 1875 )
- November 12th : Johann Friedrich Eschscholtz , German naturalist and explorer († 1831 )
- November 16 : Francis Danby , Irish landscape painter († 1861 )
- November 16 : Ulrich von der Horst , Schleswig-Holstein general († 1867 )
- November 17 : Charles Lock Eastlake the Elder , English painter and art scholar († 1865 )
- November 18 : Uwe Jens Lornsen , Schleswig-Holstein lawyer, civil servant and freedom fighter († 1838 )
- November 28 : Carl Jonas Love Almqvist , Swedish writer and composer († 1866 )
- November 30th : Johann Lukas Schönlein , German doctor († 1864 )
- December 5 : Heinrich Arminius Riemann , German fraternity and theologian († 1872 )
- December 15 : Jakob von Albertini , Swiss politician († 1848 )
- December 15 : Henry Charles Carey , American economist († 1879 )
- December 17 : Georg Ludwig Dörell , German mountain master and inventor of the art of driving († 1854 )
- December 23 : Dost Mohammed , ruler of Afghanistan († 1863 )
- December 27 : Alexander Gordon Laing , British African explorer († 1826 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Francisco Solano Antuña , Uruguayan politician († 1858 )
- Nana Asma'u bint Shehu Usman dan Fodiyo , Nigerian poet and teacher († 1864 )
- Sarah Austin , British writer and translator († 1867 )
- David Bebutow , Russian general († 1867 )
- Robert C. Nicholas , American politician († 1857 )
- Kazim-i-Rashti , leader of Sheikhism († 1843 )
January to April
- January 1 : Francesco Guardi , Italian vedute and landscape painter (* 1712 )
- January 2 : Ludwig Benjamin Martin Schmid , German Protestant clergyman and university professor (* 1737 )
- January 4th : Bengt Lidner , Swedish poet (* 1757 )
- January 6th : Nicolas-Germain Léonard , French poet and novelist (* 1744 )
- January 14th : Friedrich Bernhard von Prittwitz , landowner (* 1720 )
- January 15 : Johann Matthias Menninger , Austrian actor (* 1733 )
- January 19 : Louis-Georges-Erasme de Contades , French military leader and Marshal of France (* 1704 )
- January 20 : Louis-Michel Le Peletier de Saint-Fargeau , politician during the French Revolution (* 1760 )
- January 21 : Louis XVI. , King of France (* 1754 )
- January 21 : William Austin , British medic and surgeon (* 1754 )
- February 1 : William Aiton , British botanist (* 1731 )
- February 1 : Jonathan Arnold , American doctor and politician (* 1741 )
- February 4 : Karl Blank , Russian architect (* 1728 )
- February 6 : Carlo Goldoni , Italian playwright (* 1707 )
- February 14 : Bernhard Christoph d'Arien , German playwright and librettist (* 1754 )
- February 23 : Jacob Friedrich Isenflamm , German physician and university professor (* 1726 )
- March 1st : Abraham Roentgen , member of the Moravian Brethren (* 1711 )
- March 2 : Carl Gustaf Pilo , Swedish-Danish portrait painter (* 1711 )
- March 3 : Friedrich August , Anhalt-Zerbster sovereign prince (* 1734 )
- March 4 : Louis Jean Marie de Bourbon, duc de Penthièvre , French duke and governor of Brittany (* 1725 )
- March 8 : Johann Wilhelm Schröder , German orientalist (* 1726 )
- March 15 : Florian Reichssiegel , Austrian writer (* 1735 )
- March 17 : Hermann Erich Winkler , German Protestant clergyman (* 1738 )
- March 18 : Karl Abraham von Zedlitz , Prussian Minister, President of the Government (* 1731 )
- April 1 : Ernst Bengel , German superintendent (* 1735 )
- April 9 : Andreas Battier , Swiss Protestant clergyman (* 1757 )
- April 12 : Hans Arentz , Norwegian judge and political author (* 1731 )
- April 13 : Maria Viktoria Pauline von Arenberg , Margravine of Baden-Baden (* 1714 )
- April 14th : Anton Peter Příchovský von Příchovice , Archbishop of Prague (* 1707 )
May to August
- May 1st : Johann Gerhard Reinhard Andreae , German naturalist, chemist and court pharmacist (* 1724 )
- May 7 : Pietro Nardini , Italian composer and violinist (* 1722 )
- May 13 : Martin Gerbert , German Benedictine, theologian, philosopher, musicologist (* 1720 )
- May 18 : Timur Shah Durrani , the second king of Afghanistan of the Durrani dynasty (* 1748 )
- May 18 : Johann Gottfried Reyger , last mayor of the Free City of Danzig (* 1725 )
- May 20 : Charles Bonnet , Swiss scientist and philosopher (* 1720 )
- May 27 : Nonnosus Brand , Bavarian composer, organist and music teacher (* 1755 )
- May 28 : Anton Friedrich Büsching , German geographer (* 1724 )
- June 3 : Johann Ludwig Spörl , German Protestant theologian (* 1731 )
- June 4th : Joachim Bernhard von Prittwitz , Prussian general of the cavalry (* 1726 )
- June 10 : Louis Auguste Augustin Comte d'Affry , Swiss military (* 1713 )
- June 13 : Jean-Baptiste Meusnier de la Place , French mathematician and general (* 1754 )
- June 26 : Karl Philipp Moritz , early Romantic writer (* 1756 )
- July 2 : David Klaus , German shepherd and philosopher (* 1718 )
- July 5th : Peter Anton von Verschaffelt , Flemish sculptor and architect (* 1710 )
- July 6 : Joseph Agricol Viala , French national guard (* 1780 )
- July 11 : Jacques Cathelineau , French general of the Vendéer (* 1759 )
- July 13 : Jean Paul Marat , French revolutionary (* 1743 )
- July 17 : Charlotte Corday , French noblewoman and assassin (* 1768 )
- July 18 : Johann Michael Bock , actor (* 1743 )
- July 20 : Joseph Bruny d'Entrecasteaux , French navigator and explorer (* 1737 )
- August 8 : Rupert von Neuenstein , Prince Abbot of Kempten (* 1736 )
- August 10 : Daniel Rolander , Swedish naturalist (* 1723 )
- August 19 : Paulus Mako , Hungarian Jesuit and university professor (* 1724 )
- August 22nd : Louis de Noailles , Marshal of France (* 1713 )
- August 25 : Johann Christian Wernsdorf I , German writer, poet and rhetorician (* 1723 )
- August 28 : Adam-Philippe de Custine , French general (* 1740 )
September to December
- September 1 : Johann Friedrich von Tröltsch , German lawyer (* 1728 )
- September 2 : William Hill Brown , American writer (* 1765 )
- September 9 : Peter Perez Burdett , English cartographer (* around 1734 )
- September 9 : Wolfgang Ferdinand von Dörnberg , Prussian Minister of Justice (* 1724 )
- September 11th : Johann d'Arnal , French engineer colonel and knight Maria Theresa (* 1729 )
- September 14 : Heinrich Corrodi , Swiss Protestant theologian and educator (* 1752 )
- September 17 : George Handley , American politician (* 1752 )
- September 20 : Fletcher Christian , British seaman (* 1764 )
- September 23 : Christianus Carolus Henricus van der Aa , Dutch Lutheran theologian (* 1718 )
- September 24th : Alexander Trippel , German sculptor (* 1744 )
- October 8 : John Hancock , American merchant (* 1737 )
- October 16 : Marie Antoinette , Queen of France and Navarre (guillotined) (* 1755 )
- October 17th : Charles de Bonchamps , leader of the Vendée insurgents (* 1760 )
- October 18 : John Wilson , British mathematician (* 1741 )
- October 24 : Carl Eugen , Duke of Württemberg (* 1728 )
- October 31 : Jacques Pierre Brissot , French revolutionary (* 1754 )
- October 31 : Armand Gensonné , French politician during the Revolution (* 1758 )
- October 31 : Pierre Victurnien Vergniaud , French politician during the Revolution (* 1753 )
- George Samuel Browne, 8th Viscount Montagu , English lord and tourist (* 1769 ) October:
- November 1 : George Gordon , British politician (* 1751 )
- November 3 : Olympe de Gouges , French philosopher and women's rights activist (* 1748 )
- November 4 : Adam Lux , German revolutionary (* 1765 )
- November 6 : Louis Philippe II. De Bourbon , Duke of Orléans, known as Philippe Égalité (* 1747 )
- November 7th : Per Krafft the Elder , Swedish painter (* 1724 )
- November 8th : Madame Roland , French revolutionary (* 1754 )
- November 12th : Jean-Sylvain Bailly , French astronomer and first mayor of Paris (* 1736 )
- November 15 : Gaspard Jean-Baptiste de Brunet , French general (* 1734 )
- November 15 : Charles-Joseph Mathon de La Cour , French economist, author and philanthropist (* 1738 )
- November 17 : Jean-Nicolas Houchard , French revolutionary general (* 1738 )
- November 27th : Johann Philipp Bethmann , German businessman and banker (* 1715 )
- November 29th : Antoine Barnave , French politician during the Revolution (* 1761 )
- December 5 : Jean-Paul Rabaut Saint-Étienne , French politician during the Revolution (* 1743 )
- December 8th : Marie-Jeanne Bécu, comtesse du Barry , mistress of Louis XV. of France (* 1743 )
- December 8 : Étienne Clavière , French banker and politician (* 1735 )
- December 13 : Johann Joachim Christoph Bode , German translator (* 1731 )
- December 31 : Armand-Louis de Gontaut , Duke of Biron, until 1788 Duke of Lauzun, French general (* 1747 )
Exact date of death unknown
- François Cornelis van Aerssen van Sommelsdijk , Dutch nobleman (* 1725 )
- Franz Xaver Clavel , German civil servant (* 1729)
- Antonio González Velázquez , Spanish painter (* 1723 )
- Shiba Zenko , Japanese writer and actor (* 1750 )