Lange graduated from secondary school and then went to sea. This was followed by an apprenticeship in wholesale and foreign trade . He made his Abitur on the second educational path in the commercial high school. Until he finished his studies, he worked in various jobs.
He studied at the University of Hamburg and graduated there in 1974 with a diploma in political science . In 1981 he obtained his doctorate as “Dr. phil. ”on the tasks and history of the district assemblies in Hamburg. After serving as a senator, he became managing director of HANSA building cooperative in 1987 . After 25 years on the board of the HANSA building cooperative, including 19 years as chairman of the board , Lange retired in 2013.
He is married and has three children.
Lange has been a member of the SPD since 1968. He sat for the first time from 1978 until his resignation on February 1, 1980 in the Hamburg Parliament . In 1980 he was appointed District Office Manager in the Wandsbek district. He was again a member of the Hamburg Parliament from 1986 to 2001. As a member of parliament, he was among other things for his parliamentary group in the building committee, sports committee and urban development committee.
From June 13, 1984 until his resignation on August 6, 1986, Lange was the Interior Senator of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
The so-called Hamburger Kessel falls during the term of office . In June 1986, after a demonstration against the police action in connection with the protests at the Brokdorf nuclear power plant, 861 people were surrounded on the Heiligengeistfeld for almost a whole day.
Two months later, Lange had to submit his resignation because of the " Pinzner Affair ". Pinzner, a big player in Hamburg's red-light district, shot a prosecutor, his wife and himself with a smuggled gun during an interrogation at the Hamburg police headquarters.
- Citizenship of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, 14th electoral period , Hinnerk Fock editorial staff , Hamburg 1992.
- Literature by and about Rolf Lange in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rolf Lange in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Rolf Lange ( memento from September 29, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) on the website of the SPD parliamentary group in Hamburg
- Report of the board: 25 years for the cooperative - farewell to Dr. Rolf Lange. In: Annual Report 2013. HANSA Baugenossenschaft, p. 13 ( hansa-baugenossenschaft.de , accessed on June 8, 2019)
- Information according to taz.de of June 8, 2006, author: Kai von Appen .
- Documentation from WDR about the "St. Pauli-Killer" ( Memento from March 6, 2004 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag, Hamburg Senator for the Interior|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 5, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|