Santa Lucía (Pando)
|Residents (state)||308 pop. (2012 census)|
|province||Nicolás Suarez Province|
Climate diagram Puerto Rico / Bolivia
Location in the vicinity
Santa Lucía is the second largest town in the district ( Bolivian : Municipio ) Bella Flor in the province of Nicolás Suárez and is located in the Cantón Costa Rica at an altitude of . Bella Flor is at a distance of ten kilometers north of the Río Tahuamanu , located sixty kilometers downriver in Puerto Rico with the manuripi river to orthon river united, in turn, 410 km below this confluence in the Beni River flows.
Santa Lucía is located in the Bolivian lowlands in the river system of the Amazon , large stretches of the region are still covered with tropical rainforest, the climate of the region is the humid rainy climate of the tropics.
The mean annual temperature of the region is 26.5 ° C (see climate diagram Puerto Rico / Bolivia), the monthly mean temperatures fluctuate only insignificantly between 25 ° C in June and July and over 27 ° C from September to January. The annual precipitation is 1,800 mm, the maximum precipitation is over 200 mm from December to March, and only the short dry season from June to August has monthly precipitation of 30 mm.
Santa Lucía is 127 kilometers by road east of Cobija , the capital of the department.
Of Cobija from 370 kilometers takes highway Ruta 13 in an easterly direction over Porvenir and Santa Lucía to Puerto Rico , where they the orthon river crossing, and then on to El Triangulo ( El Choro ). In El Triangulo, Route 13 meets Route 8 , which leads from Guayaramerin and Riberalta in the north to Reyes , Rurrenabaque and Yucumo in the central Bolivian lowlands.
Twelve kilometers east of Santa Lucía , a dirt road turns south and reaches the central place of the municipality, Palacios (formerly: Bella Flor ), on the north bank of the Río Tahuamanu after nine kilometers.
The population of the village has more than doubled in the past decade:
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia (INE) 1992
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2001
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2012 ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Puerto Rico region - topographic map 1: 100,000 (PDF; 11.30 MB)
- Municipio Bella Flor - General Maps No. 90104
- Municipio Bella Flor - detailed map and population data (PDF; 789 kB) ( Spanish )
- Departamento Pando - social data of the municipalities (PDF; 2.5 MB) ( Spanish )