Sarah Straub comes from a family of musicians, her father Helmut Straub is a conductor and instrumental teacher. After her parents divorced, the grandmother played an important role in her childhood. She began to play the piano at the age of six and then with the clarinet and saxophone at the age of eight . Sarah Straub wrote her first songs at the age of twelve.
As a singer-songwriter, she performed mostly solo for around six years, partly supported by guest musicians . From 2005 to 2010 she studied psychology at the University of Regensburg and was a scholarship holder of the German National Academic Foundation . For her debut album Say What You're Missing , which was released in 2011 , she was looking for an individual arrangement for each song to match the respective musical style . She presented the album with rock, pop, jazz and soul elements in June 2011 as part of a sold-out concert in the Dillinger Stadtsaal.
Sarah Straub achieved her musical breakthrough with her first professional album Red , which was released on May 30, 2014 and was funded by Initiative Musik and BY-on, a Bavarian funding program for pop and rock musicians. The album was produced by Adrian Winkler and Uli Fiedler from unfortunately fett . The studio musicians included Jörg Hartl from LaBrassBanda and Daniel Mark Eberhard . Songs from the album ran several times on Bayern 3 and other radio stations. The media across Germany became aware of the newcomer when the album and performer were awarded the German Rock & Pop Prize in December 2014 .
As part of her RED tour, Sarah Straub played over 150 concerts in Germany, Austria and Italy. In 2015 she supported Lionel Richie , UNHEILIG , Spandau Ballet and Gentleman . In June 2014, she had her first television appearance in the evening show of Bavarian TV. In addition to her own headlining tour, she has been giving several live concerts with the Vivid Curls since 2015 .
Sarah Straub has been presenting digital pianos and synthesizers for YAMAHA Music Europe since the end of 2015.
In 2019 her first German-language album Alles Das And Mehr was released with new interpretations of songs by the songwriter Konstantin Wecker ; since then she has been on stage with him regularly.
Sarah Straub lives in Gundelfingen on the Danube and works part-time as a psychologist in Markus Otto's group in the neurological department of the Ulm University Hospital . She received her PhD in July 2015.
- 2011: Say What You're Missing (CreativeJam)
- 2014: Red (Donnerwetter Musik / Cargo )
- 2017: Love Is Quiet (Pastel Pink Records)
- 2019: All That And More (Sturm & Klang)
Singles / EPs:
- 2014: Red (Donnerwetter Musik / Cargo)
- 2014: Pieces (Donnerwetter Musik / Cargo)
- 2015: Let You Go (Bonus Track: Moving Mountains feat. Siggi Schwarz )
- 2017: Do You Mean Yes (Pastel Pink Records)
- 2019: I Sing Because I Have A Song (Sturm & Klang)
- 2019: Nobody Can Tie Love | Duet with Konstantin Wecker & solo version (Sturm & Klang)
- 2012: My Own Tragedy on Moodorama vs.
- 2008: Scholarship from the German National Academic Foundation
- 2014: German Rock & Pop Award in the categories "Best Pop Band", "Best Pop Album" and "Best New Artist"
- Sarah Straub at Discogs (English)
- Sarah Straub in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Official website
- Sound carrier by Sarah Straub in the catalog of the German National Library
- Sarah Straub at Allmusic (English)
- Sahrah Straub & Vivid Curls at lieselotte.de
- Cori: Interview with Sarah Straub , SingersAndSongwriters.de, 2011.
- Thomas Rank: Sarah Straub: `We experience great support from Bayern 3 '- An interview with the very personable singer and songwriter - New CD released , My Heimat, July 5, 2014.
- Stephanie Sartor: Sarah Straub - Music for the soul , Augsburger Allgemeine , November 11, 2013.
- Alois C. Braun: The Lady in Red opens Bluetone Mittelbayerische Zeitung , June 30, 2015.
- Florian Mayer: Sarah Straub: Say what you miss ... , Augsburger Allgemeine, June 28, 2011.
- Initiative Musik gGmbH | mail [at] initiative-musik.de: Initiative Musik. In: www.initiative-musik.de. Retrieved May 27, 2016 .
- new media partners AG: BY-on - Artist.Support - BY-on | Gig support and coaching project. In: www.by-on.net. Retrieved May 27, 2016 .
- Sarah Straub - The great new discovery of pop musicians online, 2014.
- New album presented in the evening show: `` RED '' by Sarah Straub , Donnerwetter Musik, September 15, 2014.
- Vivid Curls & Sarah Straub - Live & Unplugged ; Announcement on the band website of Vivid Curls.
- Home - Yamaha - Germany. In: www.yamaha.de. Retrieved May 27, 2016 .
- Sarah Straub , Association for Pop Culture in Bavaria .
- AG - Otto - Neurochemistry and Neurodegeneration , Ulm University Hospital.
- Sarah Straub, pop singer ( Memento of the original from July 4, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Mensch Otto , Bavaria 3, June 26, 2015.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German singer-songwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 1, 1986|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lauingen (Danube)|