|Height :||396-416 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||1001 (1987)|
|Incorporation :||1st October 1970|
|Postal code :||90602|
|Area code :||09180|
The village is located in the southeast of the market on the Schwarzach . The old town is located east of the Schwarzach, in the west housing estates and an industrial area were added in the 20th century. Neighboring towns are Rengersricht , Pavelsbach , Schwarzach and Allersberg .
The name of the settlement goes back to the women's monastery of the same name , which was founded in 1242 and referred to as "monasterii felicis porte" (monastery for the happy gate). The current name of the settlement has been documented since 1273.
In the following centuries the monastery grew rapidly and with it the place where the monastery servants lived. The monastic life ended in 1576 with the death of the last abbess Anna von Kuedorf and the monastery was dissolved. The possessions went to the sovereign. After the re-Catholicization of the Palatinate, the monastery properties were handed over to the Salesian nuns in 1671 , which made Seligenporten a small economic center. In 1803 the Bavarian state took over the monastery property and sold it to private individuals.
When communities were introduced in Bavaria at the beginning of the 19th century , Seligenporten was initially a separate community with the district of Schwarzach . On October 1, 1970, it was incorporated into Pyrbaum together with Rengersricht and Oberhembach .
The sports club SV Seligenporten is based in Seligenporten , and its football department played five seasons in the Bavarian regional league . In the 2018/19 season , the club will compete in the fifth-class Bayernliga Nord .
In the center of the village is the Seligenporten monastery of the same name .
Economy and Infrastructure
To the west of the village is the Am Bahnhof industrial park .
State road St 2402 from Allersberg to Postbauer-Heng and district road NM 17 from Möning to Pyrbaum cross in Seligenporten . The A 9 motorway runs 5 kilometers to the west between Nuremberg and Ingolstadt .
- Official directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987, Munich, 1991
- Wolf-Armin Frhr. v. Reitzenstein : Lexicon of Bavarian place names. Origin and meaning . CH Beck, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-406-55206-4 , p. 258 .
- The local history of Seligenporten , parish Seligenporten
- Information brochure ( Memento of the original dated August 18, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 831 kB) of the Pyrbaum community, p. 9
- Pyrbaum - The Gate to the Upper Palatinate ( Memento of the original from January 21, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Website of the municipality of Pyrbaum