upper reaches in a row: Siegenbach , Hintere Schwarzach
The confluence of the two Schwarzacharms in the Altmühl near Kinding
|Water code||EN : 1384|
Nuremberg basin and sand plates
|Drain over||Altmühl → Danube → Black Sea|
|origin||Union of Siegenbach and Schwarzwasser near Kemnath , Markt Postbauer-Heng
|muzzle||In Kinding from the left and north in the Altmühl
|Height difference||approx. 60 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 1.1 ‰|
|length||52.9 km with Siegenbach|
|Catchment area||510.45 km²|
| Discharge at the Mettendorf
A Eo gauge: 295.3 km².
Location: 6.9 km above the mouth
|30 l / s
417 l / s
2.26 m³ / s
7.7 l / (s km²)
29.6 m³ / s
68.4 m³ / s
|Right tributaries||Eichelbach , Thalach , Anlauter|
The Schwarzach (local: Schwarza) is a 53 km long river in Bavaria in the foreland of the Southern Franconian Alb and on the Southern Franconian Alb , which flows south from Postbauer-Heng and flows into the Altmühl from the left near Kinding in the Upper Bavarian district of Eichstätt .
In the upper reaches, this Schwarzach is also called “Hintere Schwarzach” to distinguish it from the tributary of the same name, the Rednitz , which is also called “Vordere Schwarzach”. The catchment areas of the Vorderer and Hinterer Schwarzach collide and they themselves come closer than 5 km.
The Schwarzach arises west of Kemnath in the municipality of Postbauer-Heng through the confluence of the larger left Siegenbach , which rises on the west side of the Dillberg, with the right Schwarzwasser, which rises near Burgthann -Uunterferrieden . After a further 48 km to the south, it joins the Altmühl from the left at Kinding .
The most important tributaries are the Thalach coming from Thalmässing and above all the Anlauter , which both flow into the lower reaches and from the right, the Anlauter only a good kilometer before the mouth of the Schwarzach into the Altmühl.
Incomplete list. From the source to the mouth. Length and catchment area according to the official register of waters. Other sources are noted.
- Siegenbach , left source brook, 4.0 km and 9.0 km²
- Schwarzwasser , right spring stream, 3.3 km and 2.9 km²
- Moosgraben , from the right in the area of the Dennenloher Weiher near Dennenlohe , Markt Pyrbaum ; is the right branch of the lower black water
- Lachwiesengraben , from the right near Rengersricht , Markt Pyrbaum, approx. 2.7 km and approx. 4.4 km²
- Weiherschlaggraben , from the right at Seligenporten
- Möninger Bach , from left to Schwarzach , Markt Pyrbaum, 2.8 km and 18.6 km². The larger upper course is the Hengerbach .
- Weihergraben from the right to Reckenstetten , Markt Allersberg
- Pitschenhofgraben , from the right near Ebenried
- Holzwiesengraben , from the right to the Ebenrieder Realsmühle
Steinersweihergraben , from the left through Freystadt
After this tributary, the Schwarzabach crosses under the Main-Danube Canal between Freystadt- Ohausen and Freystadt- Forchheim
- Hardtgraben or Steggaßgraben , from the right at Freystadt- Rabenhof
- Regenbach , from the left near Forchheim
- Riedgraben , from the left across from Forchheim 5.8 km and 9.6 km²
- Irlbach , from the left to Forchheim
- Kauerlacher Weihergraben , from the right after passing through the Kauerlacher Weiher near Hilpoltstein - Kauerlach
- Dorfwiesengraben , from the right at Hilpoltstein houses
- Stubengraben , from the left near Freystadt-Schmellnricht
- Castle moat , from the left at the Greding - Obermässinger Rotheneichmühle
- Kreuzfeldbach , from the left to Obermässing
- Eichelbach , from the right at Greding-Untermässing, 6.1 km and 11.9 km²
- Schmiedackerbach , from the left in Greding- Untermässing ; runs through the protected part of the Heinrichsgraben landscape
- Eglgraben , from the right at Kleinhöbing , Markt Thalmässing ; right division run
- Thalach , from the right at the Kleinhöbinger Zinkelmühle , 17.8 km and 63.2 km²
- Kuhbach , from the left just before the Petermühle von Greding- Hausen , approx. 1.8 km and approx. 3.7 km²; runs almost to the end in the nature reserve Kuhbachtal bei Hausen
- Hirlbach , from the left shortly after and opposite Greding- Hausen
- Agbach , from the left in Greding, 5.1 km and 15.4 km²
- Distelmühlbach , from the left at the Gredinger Distelmühle
- Heimbach or Bucher Brunnenbach , from the right below Greding- Mettendorf , 5.7 km and 15.1 km²
- Anlauter , from the right before Kinding , 35.6 km and 188.8 km²
- Johann Kaspar Bundschuh : Schwarzach . In: Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia . tape 5 : S-U . Verlag der Stettinische Buchhandlung, Ulm 1802, DNB 790364328 , OCLC 833753112 , Sp. 240-241 ( digitized version ).
- Course of the Schwarzach from Postbauer-Heng to Kinding on the BayernAtlas
- Height according to the contour diagram on the BayernAtlas
- Directory of brook and river areas in Bavaria - Lech to Naab river area, page 117 of the Bavarian State Office for the Environment, as of 2016 (PDF; 2.9 MB) (Schwarzach itself currently on page 117, its tributaries continue to page 121)
- Flood the Bavarian State Office for the Environment ( information )
- Length and catchment area measured on the BayernAtlas