Live and act
Rifflet studied at the Conservatoire National de Musique de Paris until he graduated ; In 2002 he was awarded first prize in the jazz category of the Conservatory's graduate competition. He was a member of the formations Mégaoctet by Andy Emler , Sacre du Tympan by Fred Pallem , Gros Cube by Alban Darche and was a co-founder of the formation Rigolus . Together with trumpeter Airelle Besson , he founded the band Rockingchair , which released its first album in 2007. In 2008 he composed the score for Dernier Maquis ( Uprising , directed by Rabah Ameur-Zaïmeche ), for which he received the award for best score at the Dubai International Film Festival . He also wrote the music for the documentary Sin maïs no hay pa ïs by Arthur Rifflet and Jonathan Cadiot .
From 2009 he appeared in various projects at the Banlieues Bleues and Adiam du Val d'Oise festivals . In 2010 he was artist in residence at the Jazz au fil de l'Oise festival , for which he realized the Beaux-Arts band project . Then Rifflet was active with the Alphabet project. Furthermore he worked in the course of his previous career a. a. with Riccardo Del Fra , Michel Portal , Aldo Romano , Kenny Wheeler , Didier Levallet , Joey Baron , Hermeto Pascoal , François Jeanneau and Henning Sieverts ( Double Quartet ).
Prizes and awards
In 2003 the quintet Rockingchair was honored at the La Défense Jazz Festival , with both the composition and the soloist award. The band's first album of the same name received numerous awards from the French specialist press. In 2008 he and his co-leader Airelle Besson received the Django d'Or in the category of new musical talent . The quintet's second album 1: 1 received similarly good reviews. As in 2007, they also received the Choc JazzMan in 2010 for the best jazz album.
- Riccardo del Fra Jazoo Project: Roses and Roots (Nocturne, 2004), with Joey Baron
- Sylvain Rifflet & Airelle Besson: Rockingchair (Chief Inspector, 2007), with Joce Mienniel
- Rockingchair: 1: 1 ( Enja / Yellowbird, 2010), with Airelle Besson, Julien Omé, Guido Zorn, Nicolas Larmignat, Gilles Olivesi
- Polar Mood (Yolk, 2008)
- Beaux-Arts (Sansbruit, 2012), with Gilles Coronado, Christophe Lavergne, Frédéric Norel, Clément Janinet, Benachir Boukhatem, Olivier Koundouno
- Alphabet (2012), with Joce Mienniel, Benjamin Flament, Phil Gordiani
- Refocus (2017), with Orchester Appassionato, Simon Tailleu , Jeff Ballard (arrangements: Fred Pallem )
- Troubadours (2019)
- Web presence
- Portrait at Melissa
- Sylvain Rifflet at Discogs (English)
- Sylvain Rifflet in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Portrait at Yolk Records
- jazzenligne.com ( Memento from August 7, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Institut Français [Rockingchair in Munich]
- Sylvain Rifflet - much more than a Getz tribute (jazzecho.de)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French jazz musician and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1976|