Administrative association Tangerhütte-Land
In the administrative community of Tangerhütte-Land in the Stendal district , 19 communities had come together to handle their administrative business. In addition to the originally 17 municipalities, the formerly free town of Tangerhütte (administrative center) was added on January 1, 2005 , and the Schelldorf municipality on December 27, 2007 . 12,727 inhabitants lived in an area of 294.73 km² (as of June 30, 2006). The last administrative manager was Birgit Schäfer.
On May 31, 2010 the member communities united to form the new town of Tangerhütte.
The municipalities with their districts
- Birkholz with scissors and Sophienhof
- Demker with Demker station and Elversdorf
- Hüselitz with Klein Schwarzlosen
- Lüderitz with Groß Schwarzlosen and Stegelitz
- Ringfurth with Polte and Sandfurth
- Schönwalde (Altmark)
- City of Tangerhütte with Briest and Mahlpfuhl
- White waiting
- Wind mountains with Brunkau , Ottersburg and Schleuß